Notifications
Clear all

Candida Cause Of Acne?

MemberMember
(@almck06)

Posted : 03/13/2012 8:46 pm

just wondering if anyone has heard about this? If so how would you get rid of the candida?

MemberMember
(@thegreyhound)

Posted : 03/14/2012 10:22 am

No, no, NO.

I believe in a lot of naturopathic medicine and stuff that some people consider quite far-out, but I hate how so many naturopaths flog this candida idea to death. It's an example of people using scientific terminology to tout an unscientific theory.

Systemic candidiasis is a major issue, but this idea that "candida" causes a whole non-specific range of symptoms is highly inaccurate... very few people actually have candidiasis.

It's good to eat in such a way that you're healthy, including taking probiotics, and this will help your skin. But no, "candida" is not the cause of acne.

MemberMember
(@almck06)

Posted : 03/14/2012 2:47 pm

No, no, NO.

I believe in a lot of naturopathic medicine and stuff that some people consider quite far-out, but I hate how so many naturopaths flog this candida idea to death. It's an example of people using scientific terminology to tout an unscientific theory.

Systemic candidiasis is a major issue, but this idea that "candida" causes a whole non-specific range of symptoms is highly inaccurate... very few people actually have candidiasis.

It's good to eat in such a way that you're healthy, including taking probiotics, and this will help your skin. But no, "candida" is not the cause of acne.

I appreciate the reply! Just was curious. I am gonna try and keep my diet healthy and just eat more fruits and veggies.

MemberMember
(@samiman)

Posted : 03/14/2012 8:56 pm

naah i tried it, didn't help. there might be like 1 in a thousand ppl that have acne because of candida.

MemberMember
(@almck06)

Posted : 03/15/2012 2:14 am

naah i tried it, didn't help. there might be like 1 in a thousand ppl that have acne because of candida.

thanks for the reply. the main reason i was asking is because i was on antibiotics (minocycline) for a long period of time and have currently been off of it for about 4 months now. I still get the occasional breakout in the T-zone (mainly forehead) but i have it under control for the most part with bp and differin.

MemberMember
(@samiman)

Posted : 03/15/2012 2:31 am

thanks for the reply. the main reason i was asking is because i was on antibiotics (minocycline) for a long period of time and have currently been off of it for about 4 months now. I still get the occasional breakout in the T-zone (mainly forehead) but i have it under control for the most part with bp and differin.

Hmmm... there might be a small chance of u having candida because of u doing antibiotics, but probably not. If u have a white coat on ur tongue and bad breathe that could be a sign.

but ur current acne is still probably not candida.. u did take probiotics with the minocycline?

MemberMember
(@almck06)

Posted : 03/15/2012 1:48 pm

Hmmm... there might be a small chance of u having candida because of u doing antibiotics, but probably not. If u have a white coat on ur tongue and bad breathe that could be a sign.

but ur current acne is still probably not candida.. u did take probiotics with the minocycline?

no i did not take any probiotics with the minocycline. should i have been?

MemberMember
(@samiman)

Posted : 03/15/2012 11:16 pm

no i did not take any probiotics with the minocycline. should i have been?

Yes you should have taken probiotics. Antibiotics kill both GOOD and BAD bacteria, and that can cause problems. I recommend that you take some now for a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@jamie-sue)

Posted : 05/18/2012 12:43 pm

I have been on antibiotics for four years and have been on 5 different ones... Could I have this? It's hard to keep up with pills that I can't put in my pill box :(

MemberMember
(@samiman)

Posted : 05/19/2012 2:18 am

I have been on antibiotics for four years and have been on 5 different ones... Could I have this? It's hard to keep up with pills that I can't put in my pill box sad.png

there's definitely a chance, four years is very long, check out some of the other candida symptoms to see if u have it

MemberMember
(@jamie-sue)

Posted : 05/19/2012 7:59 pm

I have been on antibiotics for four years and have been on 5 different ones... Could I have this? It's hard to keep up with pills that I can't put in my pill box sad.png

there's definitely a chance, four years is very long, check out some of the other candida symptoms to see if u have it

I did and have a few symptoms. :( I am trying to keep up with my probiotics! do you suggest anything else to help get rid of candida?

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 05/19/2012 11:07 pm

Drinking Kefir and other probiotic rich drinks healed and cured my teenage acne, but the main key is to not to eat ANY sugar (even fruits) for few weeks. Your sugar consumption should be lower than 20g a day. Sugar feeds the bad yeast, theres no point if you keep eating watermelon and then supplementing yourself with probiotics.

MemberMember
(@samiman)

Posted : 05/20/2012 8:31 am

I did and have a few symptoms. sad.png I am trying to keep up with my probiotics! do you suggest anything else to help get rid of candida?

if you're really srs about it this was what I did:

I had pretty much zero carbs and absolutely NO sugar. includes no fruits, most vegetables are high in carbs too. i was eating broccoli and cauliflower (nearly no carbs).

the main diet is pretty much just meat and eggs and some vegetables. u can google a candida diet, to get more specific.

now that u know the diet, i was also supplementing with lots of garlic (i did tablets, but u like eating it then that's great), coconut oil which kill it off. I recently heard drinking 3% hydrogen peroxide is very good (more info: http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/candida.html )

Let's just say it took a lot of effort. If you're serious about it all I can give u more info, at the moment im just typing heaps of stuff out quickly.

more info:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/candida-diet-stage-one.htm

http://www.holistichelp.net/candida-diet.html

Curezone was a lot of help. It really is a pain in the ass mate, but if ur srs then u can do it!

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 05/22/2012 9:55 pm

To get rid of candida,

Reduce your daily suger to below 20g a day. No grains, sugar, choclate. less fruits.

Eat mostly vegetables, meat and Probiotic Foods like KEfir, Kimchi, or Kombucha.

Reducing Sugar starves the bad bacterias while eating probiotic rich foods keep the good bacteria more, resulting the bad ones to go away. More good bacterias = Better nutritien absorbtion, and Omega 3 fatty acid! If you don't have much good bacterias you could just be consumming 10 % nutrients of what you are eating. YUP.

MemberMember
(@jonesbev)

Posted : 05/22/2012 11:04 pm

antibiotic and water theraphy would do great

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 05/23/2012 4:08 pm

A typical candida diet might do something for acne, for different reasons other than to treat candida. I'm now telling myself this as I write it.

MemberMember
(@sepsi)

Posted : 06/05/2012 7:07 am

Candida is one of the biggest quackery in the alternative health world. Systemic Candida infections don't happen in people with healthy immune systems. And with healty I mean better than HIV patients or people undergoing chemo.

Candida hypersensitivity/syndrome has also been studies. The two review papers I looked at concluded there's no evidence for it.

That said, Candida can cause acne. But it happens through local infections in the bowel and the skin. Bowel infections can cause bacterial imbalance and leaky gut, and these can aggravate acne.

Skin infections can cause the skin immune system to over-react (it's a bit trigger-happy in people with skin conditions) and cause acne that way.

But neither of these conditions is mysterious. Doctors can easily diagnose both skin and bowel infections. And they both can be treated easily.

Source: http://www.acneeinstein.com/candida-and-acne-what-does-the-science-say/

MemberMember
(@nyakabr)

Posted : 06/11/2012 6:48 pm

Just adding in,,,, I always know when I have a vaginal yeast infection from candida because my whole face breaks out in small whiteheads. I've had several and this ALWAYS happens.

MemberMember
(@sepsi)

Posted : 06/12/2012 1:13 am

Just adding in,,,, I always know when I have a vaginal yeast infection from candida because my whole face breaks out in small whiteheads. I've had several and this ALWAYS happens.

Interesting. Thanks for posting this. It's quite plausible that local candida infections affect acne. Did the doctor ever check Candida in your gut?

MemberMember
(@nyakabr)

Posted : 06/12/2012 7:45 am

No they have not. When I have one, I continue to breakout until I take an antifungal and the break outs immediately stop the same day.

MemberMember
(@hdns212)

Posted : 01/21/2013 9:42 pm

Candida is one of the biggest quackery in the alternative health world. Systemic Candida infections don't happen in people with healthy immune systems. And with healty I mean better than HIV patients or people undergoing chemo.

Candida hypersensitivity/syndrome has also been studies. The two review papers I looked at concluded there's no evidence for it.

That said, Candida can cause acne. But it happens through local infections in the bowel and the skin. Bowel infections can cause bacterial imbalance and leaky gut, and these can aggravate acne.

Skin infections can cause the skin immune system to over-react (it's a bit trigger-happy in people with skin conditions) and cause acne that way.

But neither of these conditions is mysterious. Doctors can easily diagnose both skin and bowel infections. And they both can be treated easily.

Source: http://www.acneeinst...he-science-say/

lmao