Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am considering asking my derm about accutane I have tried many other treatments and nothing has worked, the only problem is that I am in college and I drink heavily on the weekends, not drinking really isn't an option but at the same time I don't want to damage my liver. I could tone down my drinking by drinking less on nights I do drink. Has anyone experienced this??

I'm also in college so I had this concern as well. Currently I'm in my 6th month, and I've been moderately drinking almost every weekend. I admit I did get really drunk a few times, but the next day I was fine. Overall, I haven't had any real problems drinking on accutane, so I say go for it drink in moderation. Also make sure you drink TONS of water when you do.

I'm on my second course of tane now and I drink quite a lot, sometimes all weekend. I drank through my first course as well (while at university) quite heavily. I don't really notice any difference.. maybe I get drunk a tad quicker but its not really noticeable.

One thing I did do is stopped drinking shots of absinthe ect.. these are hard enough on your liver/stomach anyway!- you don't need these kinds of drinks so its probably best to stay away from them.

Just be carefull watch ur blood tests and listen to your body- if you feel ill stop drinking! Everyone's different

I am considering asking my derm about accutane I have tried many other treatments and nothing has worked, the only problem is that I am in college and I drink heavily on the weekends, not drinking really isn't an option but at the same time I don't want to damage my liver. I could tone down my drinking by drinking less on nights I do drink. Has anyone experienced this??

How can you be so big of a sheep really? Do what you have to do for yourself, if your friends stop calling you because you don't go out/drink every other day maybe they aren't friends you should stick with.

I've myself stopped drinking and haven't had a sip for 5 months, it's a waste of money and time I can actually put to better myself

Edited by breesy

How can you be so big of a sheep really? Do what you have to do for yourself, if your friends stop calling you because you don't go out/drink every other day maybe they aren't friends you should stick with.

I've myself stopped drinking and haven't had a sip for 5 months, it's a waste of money and time I can actually put to better myself

+1

Well said Breesy. I haven't had a sip for 6 months, its easy :)

Definitely cut back on drinking if you think you can't stop altogether.

It would be a great time to take a break anyway, alcohol isn't going anywhere. the most IMPORTANT thing to do is get your lipid panels (blood test) EVERY month. Sometimes Doctors don't follow up, make sure you insist on at least one a month. If they say you're liver is showing sign of problems, you have to make a decision.

Keep drinking and have acne, or stop and try to get rid of it...

You can't always have everything... Hope this Helps