Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erhu

Why Type Of Acne Do I Have? (Pictures Inside!)

Hey. I want to finally find out what type of acne I have because the dermatologist sure didn't help... my acne isn't really cystic or anything.. in fact i only have maybe 3 or 4 white heads. The rest of my acne seem to be really small red dots that are impossible to pop or even scrape off; when I put my finger over some of the acne, some feel slightly bumpy but most don't even feel bumpy; it's like their red spots... like I said nothing that's poppable.

I've been taking a doctor prescribed pill for the past year and was taking prescribed benzyl peroxide 4%, then in October switched to prescribed 8% but stopped it a month ago as my acne had just seem to have gotten worse since the 8%.

Here are some pictures. Sorry for the black bar covering my eyes.. I like my privacy lol.

post-172408-0-14077400-1331686462_thumb.post-172408-0-52152500-1331686474_thumb.

post-172408-0-14077400-1331686462_thumb.

post-172408-0-52152500-1331686474_thumb.

Edited by Erhu

moderate acne.

i would highly recommened not scraping or popping at all any more it will make red marks and scars stay longer than they already would have.

i feel your pain bro my face is pretty similar to your except about 10-20% more coverage on my face :( im on doxycycline now only been on it for 2 weeks. and finacea for 5 weeks.

what pill were you on? and taking pills for a year never s a good idea the longest recommened times are like 3-6 montsh bro. then switch to something else/ any way good luck to you man

Cystic -Moderate Acne I guess.

Best tip would be, change your life-style the nutrition and your mindset. Don't rely on BP or Topic treatments since that wouldn't make the oil production of the skin less, it makes it more so more acne prone.

Wash no more than twice a day, because I noticed that skin gets a lot oily when you wash it alot.

Try the No Dairy, and Carbs or Sugar for 2 weeks. Try that, you won't regret it. That means no bread, cookies, some cereals, milk, yogurt, cheese, and anything junky and sugary.

Just vegetables, fruits and meats.

Peace :3

moderate acne.

i would highly recommened not scraping or popping at all any more it will make red marks and scars stay longer than they already would have.

i feel your pain bro my face is pretty similar to your except about 10-20% more coverage on my face sad.png im on doxycycline now only been on it for 2 weeks. and finacea for 5 weeks.

what pill were you on? and taking pills for a year never s a good idea the longest recommened times are like 3-6 montsh bro. then switch to something else/ any way good luck to you man

I don't even know the name of the pill I just took it lol. And I never scraped or popped any of my pimples. They're too small to be popped like I said. Thanks though

Best tip would be, change your life-style the nutrition and your mindset. Don't rely on BP or Topic treatments since that wouldn't make the oil production of the skin less, it makes it more so more acne prone.

Wash no more than twice a day, because I noticed that skin gets a lot oily when you wash it alot.

Try the No Dairy, and Carbs or Sugar for 2 weeks. Try that, you won't regret it. That means no bread, cookies, some cereals, milk, yogurt, cheese, and anything junky and sugary.

Cystic really? Eveytime I think of cystic I think of puss comning out lol. But I guess they could be cystic.. just hate that word. But I'll try that diet and see how it goes thanks.

Can I cook my meat with olive oil and balsamic vinegar? Or not even that?

Ah yes ofcourse, infact Olive OIls are the most healthy ones. Not sure about the vinegar but just tone down the usage.

Just don't take in too much junk, processed, refined sugary foods. Refined Sugars have all the natural components removed so therefore they go into your blood real quick which spikes your hormones.

actually olive oil are said to be bad for you when cooked at high temperatures.

theres a diet and hollistic forum of lterally hundreds of recipes to make every kind of good junk food but(healthy style) im starting on non dairy diet myself.

i thought i had done a no dairy diet before by eliminating milk cheese and what not. but then i researched and literally everyhthing i was eating had traces of dairy in it. now i read every ingredient and as long as it doesnt say "May contain dairy" then i eat and feel happy. so far my acne is settling down. before i started this i had just started breaking out again and i was eating alot of cookies and bananna bread which are both loaded with milk

good luck man the diet life i really think is the sole creator of acne. you just have to find which one for you. if not dairy try gluten free. then try soy free. then try nut free. one of them will have to work. the only problem is you have to give it at least 2 weeks to even see if acne is calming down(not completely 100% gone) for every diet trial and error stage. so it takes some time.

actually olive oil are said to be bad for you when cooked at high temperatures.

theres a diet and hollistic forum of lterally hundreds of recipes to make every kind of good junk food but(healthy style) im starting on non dairy diet myself.

i thought i had done a no dairy diet before by eliminating milk cheese and what not. but then i researched and literally everyhthing i was eating had traces of dairy in it. now i read every ingredient and as long as it doesnt say "May contain dairy" then i eat and feel happy. so far my acne is settling down. before i started this i had just started breaking out again and i was eating alot of cookies and bananna bread which are both loaded with milk

good luck man the diet life i really think is the sole creator of acne. you just have to find which one for you. if not dairy try gluten free. then try soy free. then try nut free. one of them will have to work. the only problem is you have to give it at least 2 weeks to even see if acne is calming down(not completely 100% gone) for every diet trial and error stage. so it takes some time.

Thanks a lot man Im literally eating only meat, fruits and vegetables (but not potatoes). Its really hard and obviously I wont see results after one day but its worth giving a shot.

Hello,

I had skin like this, I would generally say that cutting out dairy/oils helped a lot! I find that if i eat a peice of cheese cake or even a pack of crisps my skin flares up within 12/24 hours, try cutting it out might help you!

Okay this fruit, vegetables and meat only is harder than I thought. For one, I don't know what to eat for breakfast.. I can't only eat fruits. What can I eat for breakfast?

you can make pancakes, i eat 100% roll oats (quaker red can) then i mix in brown sugar. its delicious. i used to absolutely hate oatmeal but once i started dieting after the 2 try of oatmeal i became addicted to it. and it doesnt break me out thank God! i eat alot of fruit. you could find a cereal that does not have milk content in it then you could buy substitue milk such as cocnut ilk or soy milk. theres recipes on youtube how to make your own homeade milk really really easy. that will taste just like milk with your cereal. then once you get the homemade ilk down. you can pretty much make ANTHING! brownies cookies cake all the tastey things you love. just substitue with milk with the homemade dairy free milk. check out the recipe forums bro like i said people have asked these same exact questions years ago on this website and found the answer. also if youre eating meat. heres a tip red meat tends to inflame the skin.. i try to eat alot of chicken or turkey breast. it is extrememyl hard but you have to tell yourself (do i want clear skin or not!!!) its worth it man. just think when you are a week into the diet and want a cookie or something your going to satisfy yourself for one minute then regret that one cookie for an entire week until the skin clear back up. good luck man

Actually you can eat bread just make sure it is wheat, anything white means it is processed which means its harder to digest. Bread is not bad for your skin, they just process it to make it white, its normally brown. Anything white you need to take out of your diet. Take dairy out of your diet and sugar. Switch to almond milk or soy.

Edited by LillyMay77

Just wanted to add that bread is bad for your skin because of the gluten. It can break people with gluten intolerance out, but it can also break anyone out because gluten is damaging to the gut and intestines and very hard to digest. I would highly suggest going gluten, sugar and dairy free like the above posters said. It's hard at first but then once you are clear you can start re-introducing foods back into your diet and see if they break you out. I am 99 percent clear at the moment and it is from cutting gluten and sugar, dairy doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I went four days eating nothing but fruits, vegetables and meats and I noticed I was losing weight and was feeling very weak so I stopped the diet. Also, I'm of Italian descent and cutting out carbs is near impossible since we're always eating pasta; but it's not white pasta it's whole wheat pasta with homemade sauce not ragoo if that's any better. I'm still not eating any refined sugar though and have cut out dairy entirely. Thanks again!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I went four days eating nothing but fruits, vegetables and meats and I noticed I was losing weight and was feeling very weak so I stopped the diet. Also, I'm of Italian descent and cutting out carbs is near impossible since we're always eating pasta; but it's not white pasta it's whole wheat pasta with homemade sauce not ragoo if that's any better. I'm still not eating any refined sugar though and have cut out dairy entirely. Thanks again!

eat whatever you want but ask your parents to buy "not injected hormone meat" see if that helps. and still eat lots of veggies and fruits. i know it sucks man i lost alot of weight when i first started to/ i was a semi body builder eating protein and shakes like crazy and when i got acne i stopped working out and eating like that and now i look small with no muscle :( its the price you have to pay to get clear skin man!

Unless you ate a carrot, a slice of ham and an apple AND ran a marathon there's no way after four days that you could lose enough weight to feel physically weak. If you want to see change you have to persevere! Good luck with it.

Edited by thatfeelwhen