Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think i'm losing my mind, every day is the same, wake up, look in the mirror, yep still spotty, fuck my life. Well i managed to get a job a few months ago and to be honest it is only making me more depressed than i already am, waking up at 9am in the morning, looking at my ugly disgrace of a face and wondering, what did i do to deserve this and fuck it i cant be arsed with my 'life' if you can even call it that. all i ever want is to be free of acne and have good skin, the past, i'd say 2 years have been when my life has been really effected by it, i went on a diet, not to lose weight, but to see if acne was caused by diet, and alas, i still had acne, but lost about 3 stone, my friends thought i was becoming anorexic and asked me why i lost weight when i wasn't fat to begin with, of course i could never tell them, and to be honest i think im losing them as ive not been out at the weekend since new years night with them, all because of my skin, it makes me so angry that now, whenever someone says something to me, like makes jokes about me i don't even try and fight back because i think, what's the point, they are right, they have perfect skin and i have holes all over my face, pores, inflamed spots, whiteheads, scars, i don't deserve to even look at them, which is why i just stare at the ground everywhere i go, desperate to avoid eye contact. While anytime i mess up with anything i do, i automatically hear a voice in my head saying 'spotty little freak, you can't do anything', and also whenever i look at anyone now, all i see is there skin, i just want this to be over, i don't know how much more i can take, acne has destroyed my life over the past 2 years, then i even feel guilty if i have like, 'junk food' ever since those months of dieting, i've not truly been happy in about 2 years, although i just put a face on whenever i am around anyone of course, nobody knows the real me, except you guys from what i've just told you, i can't go through this for another 2 years i just can't, i also have a first appointment coming up with the dermatologist, but im afraid if i tell her what im really feeling, il be put in a mental institution or something lol, i seriously can't take much more, this is no way to live.

As a fellow sufferer, I totally understand how you feel. It's good you're going to see a dermatologist, and a good one will never ignore the emotional impact acne has on you. Mine was as severe as they come, but trust me, it will get better (took about 3-6 months to see an improvement in my case, but still, it's an improvement!). What helped me through those really, really bad days was to avoid my reflection. If I have to look at a mirror, I do so from a far distance (just enough to know that my hair and clothes look ok before stepping out the house). 3 years after my severe acne, I still can't look at a mirror up close and under bright lights. It really helps, because it takes it off your mind.

It also helps to have supportive friends around. The ones I have who have seen me when my skin was flawless and covered with cysts and scars said that they don't really pay attention to it. If they enjoy your company, your skin will be something that won't be an issue for them, so don't let it get to you too! It goes both ways. I have a friend who had bad rosacea but I've never really noticed it because he's such a happy person and I like being around him. People notices depression and irritability more than bad skin. And don't let shallow people get to you. You can tell who really are your friends from the way they treat you when you're not physically at your best.

You'll get through this!

Dude, you still have hope. THeres ALWAYS HOPE!

Everyday, theres a very very very small amount of improvement in your scars or your marks because your cells are always renewing.

The Key is prevention, as long as you are preventing acne, the scar and the rest are no worries, with no doubt they will fade away in few months.

I feel you. Everyday i just want to go back to bed and forget about how horrible my skin looks. And i often, too, find myself asking, "Why me?!" so just know you aren't alone in this. Stay strong and try to look at positive things in life. Best of luck <3

Hey! We are all suffering too. Sometimes I just break down and cry like a baby. I can't help it.. I just want this simple little thing.. (even though it isn't that simple) to have clear skin again. Please.. just give me clear skin. I WILL GIVE YOU WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT! I'll give you all my dignity, my possessions.. anything. Well, that's what I say to the Universe when I have moment like that.. In fact, I did that about half an hour ago. Whenever things on my face are starting to look up, I get a new pimple and it just makes me so angry.

I've decided I'm not going to leave the house for the rest of the week and nurse myself. I can't take going out in public like this anymore. It's too embarrassing.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is.. I know how you feel. I never go out drinking anymore because I don't want to be around my friends like this.

Hey! We are all suffering too. Sometimes I just break down and cry like a baby. I can't help it.. I just want this simple little thing.. (even though it isn't that simple) to have clear skin again. Please.. just give me clear skin. I WILL GIVE YOU WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT! I'll give you all my dignity, my possessions.. anything. Well, that's what I say to the Universe when I have moment like that.. In fact, I did that about half an hour ago. Whenever things on my face are starting to look up, I get a new pimple and it just makes me so angry.

I've decided I'm not going to leave the house for the rest of the week and nurse myself. I can't take going out in public like this anymore. It's too embarrassing.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is.. I know how you feel. I never go out drinking anymore because I don't want to be around my friends like this.

This is exactly how i feel, i look in the mirror and then when i see all my spots i get so angry, i just scream, even though im not religious i always say this 'GOD WHY DO YOU MAKE ME SUFFER WITH THIS, OH LOOK LETS RUIN THIS BOYS FACE, FUCKING END IT NOW', looking at you're profile picture though, you are gorgeous!!, acne or not :), that is also why i don't go out, i like feeling confident when i go out, which can only be caused by me being clear skinned, but i don't go out when i have spots all over my face, which is all the time now, ive not been out in about 3 months, all i ever want is clear skin, il work for absoulotely anything else, i just want clear skin :(, this is why i don't believe in god, because i like to think of myself as a good person, i never do bad things to people or intentionally hurt people yet i get spots, yet some people who are horrible people have clear skin?, where is the justice :(, im tired of living like this, i honestly don't know what my dermatologist is going to say when i tell her the impact this has had on me emotinally and physically, do you think she will think im crazy?.

thanks! :) That pic was taken when my skin was relatively good. I find I go through cycles.

i think it's a way of giving people character, how some people get acne and some don't. i'm not religious either. more spiritual. having acne has really made me appreciate who i am, whats underneath my skin instead of what is only skin deep. but still, acne is awful and it effects me everyday. i'm sure you're a great person, and i like to think that i am too. i think having acne has made me that way, kind of pulled me off my high horse and made me feel for people and not judge someone just because of the way they look.

with your derm, i think it will be something she hears often. her job is to listen to peoples complaints about their skin. i hope she's a good one, and can help make it better!!!!!!!! she won't think you're crazy.. most people with acne are going through the same thing.

when i posted my previous post, i was having a mental break down. i'm okay now.. i find when i sleep on things, i wake up with new hope for clearer skin. i think acne is one of those things that we try so hard to get rid of, and when we finally stop trying so hard and give up, the answer comes to us.

but who knows... that could just be a bunch of crap! lol

Im 41 and still suffering with this awful crap. I've got a big ole painful atomic pimple on my right temple that looks like hell. Depression has set in big time. Its raining out, so maybe I'll go stand out in the rain with a metal rod and hope for lightening to strike me dead!

Sometimes there's nothing you can do. I turned antisocial all through high school because of acne, but I said to myself if I was going to be antisocial I may as well use my free time wisely, and I did a lot of good things because of it. Most of all, it eventually taught me not to worry about little things. I study engineering, which is a busy program, but I haven't felt stress in ages. Why? Because stressing doesn't do any good, and it's all in your head.

Hi there, I unserstand how you feel. I don't have severe acne but I have a severe medical condition which means I have to use a wheelchair when outside the house and I also have mild to moderate acne. I feel that people stare at me ( or try to avoid staring at me through fear) constantly while I'm in public. People sometimes treat me like a lesser person because I suffer with this problem or talk down to me because they assume that becuase I have a physical disability, I must have a mental one too. It can hurt, but you have to learn not to identify with other people's judgements of you and not to take them on board and relive them out constantly in your mind. I know its hard, but its about where you place your level of identification. Do you identify yourself as a person who has acne (i.e.one of life's victims) or do you see that you are more than that. Do you see that other people's judgements and your self-judgements are reductive and ultimately illusiory? Do a simple meditation - lie down in a quiet place and ask the question "Who am i?" Don't try to answer, just keep repeating the question. Look up Eckhart Tolle on youtube and listen to what he has to say. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to heal your acne from the external medical level but you will be seeing acnme less as an insurmountable demon and more as a life-challenge. Hope that helps!