Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gabcookie

Retin-A And Clyndamycin

Well first, I'm new here so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or if I do something wrong (:.

Anyways, I went to a dermatologist around a month ago and it seems as this man treats everyone with the same products. Retin-A and or Clyndamycin.

He told me to use Retin-A one night and Clyndamycin the next, which I have been doing. I'm now starting to get breakouts where I didn't before, for example I have 3 under the skin pimples next to my lip and a few on my cheeks, which are scaring.. Not to mention the normal ones I used to get on my forehead. I honestly don't know if it's gotten better or worse than what I did before.

Here's my regimen now:

Wash my face with cetaphil

Put on either Retin-A or Clyndamycin

Previous Regimen:

Wash face with cetaphil

Put on a layer of salicylic acid all over my face

Moisterize

It's been almost a month and a half with the new regimen and I'm getting ready to call it quits and go back to my old one, I still got breakouts but I felt as if they weren't as bad.

Questions~

Should I go back to my old regimen?

How long do you think the new regimen will take?

Retin-A can take up to 3 months to start seeing the benefits, and since you're only using it once every two days I'm not sure if it could be even longer or not. Do you use anything during the day?