Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yuzer

Overnight Acne -- Solution?

It always turns out this way. I have minor acne, and yet while i don't get any new spots coming up during the day, i get them overnight. I woke up this morning with 2 brand new zits (the deep kind) on my left cheek (I had washed my face and used tea tree oil before i went to bed). My guess is that the pressure of my face on the pillow is possibly causing this. I wash my face before bed and rub tea tree oil on my face. Then in the morning i shower and use a cleanser on my face, along with more tea tree oil/on-the-spot bp.

Does anyone have a good method for overnight treatments? I've tried BP overnight as well, and that doesn't seem to do the trick. I'm also watching my diet and trying to get more fruit, and i'll work on the suger from other things (soda, snacks).

-Thanks

It always turns out this way.  I have minor acne, and yet while i don't get any new spots coming up during the day, i get them overnight.  I woke up this morning with 2 brand new zits (the deep kind) on my left cheek (I had washed my face and used tea tree oil before i went to bed).  My guess is that the pressure of my face on the pillow is possibly causing this.  I wash my face before bed and rub tea tree oil on my face.  Then in the morning i shower and use a cleanser on my face, along with more tea tree oil/on-the-spot bp.

Does anyone have a good method for overnight treatments?  I've tried BP overnight as well, and that doesn't seem to do the trick.  I'm also watching my diet and trying to get more fruit, and i'll work on the suger from other things (soda, snacks).

-Thanks

YOu still have to wash your face if you are prone to breakouts until your skin can normalize either or all of: exfoliation, sebum, and regulating bacteria(although washing gets rid of the acid barrier so that may not help much). Just don't combine tons of things. I know it sounds good in theory but many skin types can't handle the combo of a wash, exfoliant and a treatment all at once. Plus as an interesting aside, BP actually produces an inflammatory response.

If you want something that is 15-30 times more effective(that's what the studies say) than Tea tree oil, than go online and get Manuka Oil. Make sure it's the best kind form the eastern part of NZ.