Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teresa*

Products To Keep Face Matt

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any good products to keep the skin matt, eg make up bases which mean your foundation doesnt look all watery and gross halfway through the day?!

Any info would be appreciated.

Teresa x

I went to Sephora today and asked an SA what foundations she uses to mattify her super oily skin. Products that she uses and suggests are Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation, Hourglass Immaculate, and Make Up For Ever HD Foundation.

I've also heard good things about Revlon Colorstay (combination/oily version).

If I were you I'd also use a mattifying powder on top of the base to set the it and to further mattify skin. Ones I recommened are a silica based powder like Make Up For Ever's HD powder, or if you're super oily, MAC's Blot Powder.

Edited by adalyn

Murad also has good ones. I personally use the Mattifier with SPF 15 as my sunscreen and they also have a nice tinted primer with a mattifier in it too. I use them both on some days. They are very smooth and keep me oil free for the whole day. And before you ask, I am a guy and I do use a tinted primer on my face like it's foundation. like it because it covers my hyper-pigmentation on my face and it doesn't look like makeup. =]

i love using ELF's mineral booster as a mattifier. i think ELF's HD powder also works well, but not as well. lol..the HD powder left a white cast on me, but that's not everyone's xperience. and one of my favorite utube gurus suggested to set your concealer with bare minerals bisque, which i think is awesome for oil control. sometimes i'll conceal with revlon colorstay, top it with bisque, and my face will stay matte for a long time. which is def weird for me bc i have super productive, turbo oil glands.

I recently bought. Make Up Forever Matvelvet, and it makes your skin look sooo mat! Im on Accutane and my face isnt oily at all, I just bought this one because it says it was full coverage and my other make up, about half way through the day my face will look all gross because my makeup.With this makeup, my face looks mat alll day long, and it dont have that shiny effect to it. Its awesome! And it says its full coverage, but honestly its not I would say its medium coverage. I have a ton of red marks on my face and I have to use two layers to get it to cover, plus powder. So its really not full covreage and it dont look cakey!

You should invest in an oil-free mattifying primer and foundation, and of course a translucent setting powder. That should do the trick.

Make Up Forever has the All Mat Primer, and the Mat Velvet liquid foundation. They also have a mattifying powder foundation, which I guess would be the ultimate fix.

I have oily skin as well, though, and I find as long as I use any oil-free foundation, I am fine.

MAC Blot Powder is a great product to use to combat shine. It doesn't get cakey or powdery-looking; it just absorbs oil and disappears into the skin.

Or try using a powder foundation like MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus foundation. Gives great coverage and helps with oiliness.

I've heard great things about Urban Decay DeSlick (comes in a spray bottle for setting makeup, or a tube for before makeup). Apparently keeps face oil free for up to 8 hrs, but I haven't tried it.

I usually use blotting tissues when my face gets oily. Sephora sells them, and they don't take off your makeup when you blot.

I also just bought Givenchy Photo'Perfexion Liquid Foundation and it seems to be working VERY well at keeping my face matte but not dull or dry looking.