Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chunkylard

Probiotic Enemas And Random Ringworm

Since some of you here are on the GAPS diet protocol, or some variation thereof or you're just taking a probiotic I'd highly recommend that if you're looking to get the most mileage out of it, you get a probiotic enema. I'm not aware of any study specifically about probiotic enemas, although fecal bacteriotherapy (basically a probiotic transplant) has been shown to be effective. Similar process, except bacteriotherapy is a bit more extreme. Probiotic enemas are just that. Regular old enemas with probiotics in them.

I'll discuss my experience with it.

Why would someone get a probiotic enema? I don't know but it seemed like a fun thing to do. Before my enema, I had a random flare up of Ringworm. No idea how I got it, but I just noticed it one day out of the blue. I've never had ringworm before and I didn't do anything that would have put me at obvious risk of getting ringworm but somehow I still got it.

Also probiotics (and most natural and chemical compounds) that bypass first pass metabolism in the liver are not subject to your stomach acid and bile, both of which can kill your probiotic bacteria before it occupies your colon. Probiotic enemas go directly from point A to point B and adhere to the intestines. Enteric coatings have been shown to have varying effectiveness. If your probiotic has no enteric coating for acid/bile resistance, don't waste your money on it.

Basically I went to a spa place and paid them the $100. You can go to some "wellness/detox spas" that famous celebrities visit, but it's much more convenient and probably less embarrassing (if that's something you're concerned about) to just prepare it at home. All you need is a some sort of squirt bottle, a probiotic supplement and water. Optional: A helping hand. A mirror might help too I imagine.

You lay down on your stomach and they stick a nozzle up your ass that pumps the bacteria into it. Apparently they can also use yogurt instead of the probiotic solution but the thought of yogurt in my butt is too silly. Expect cramping for at least an hour afterwards.

Within 1 day, my ringworm started receding. By the second day it was about 95% gone and I just had some dry skin in that area. Another benefit I noticed is better regularity. I never had too many digestive issues and I was always regular but after the probiotic enema I feel like my bowels are working overtime. Long story short, it accomplished what I wanted it too and if you think your probiotics aren't doing a good enough job, it might be something fun to do one morning before work or school.

I've been progressively behaving less and less normally (such as not taking showers every single day anymore, because it's honestly useless) so I'm sure somewhere down the line i'll probably end up with a tube down there one way or another :P

I've never heard an enema be described as a fun thing to do, but to each his own. Haha.

It seems kind of freaky to do still, how long does it take?

20ish minutes at the most but I imagine it can last longer if you're really fussy. Probably takes like 5-10 minutes to get it all in and then you're just waiting for a while until you "empty."

they stick a nozzle up your ass

and there's the pitch! Lmao I was wondering how you were going to describe that part of it.

These kinds of threads must seem so strange to new people reading this forum, the hardest part of a diet/lifestyle change for them is not eating cookies anymore. And here we are talking about probiotic enemas over here. Hahahahaha.

It seems like a pretty solid idea, actually. Natasha Campbell McBride talks about how lots of people are off-put by probiotics because they're just "dissolved by the stomach acid" but instead of clearing that part up more she just goes on to say how she thinks it's a shame some companies are making their probiotic supps stomach-acid proof because the stomach needs good bacteria just as much as the other parts. Humans used to drink water from wells throughout the day and much more fermented grains/meats/veggies/fruits/dairy than we do on a daily basis, so anything probiotic-related to me just makes sense. She particularly emphasizes the importance of bacillus subtilis (soil bacteria) and its sub species. It's a shame none of them colonize along the gut wall and just kind of go in and out of you, doing a lot of good along the way. Expensive, expensive good.

I think my experience of getting approached by an older asian gentleman at a co-op telling me about his company "which he thinks would really help me" is what puts me off about this kind of stuff. When I start to reply "Oh, my skin? Yeah I probably wouldn't be in a place like this if it weren't for my skin. I'm very much into a health-driven lifestyle because of it blah blah blah" he hands me his card which is for colonics. I was waiting in line for the bathroom no less and proceeded to take the most self-conscious shit I've ever had. Hahahaha.

Anyway, if I were to do something like that it would be at home. I don't have an extra $100-200 lying around. Props to you for sharing, if I did something like that to myself and found it to be effective I have no idea who I could tell and not get a strange look from (not that I wouldn't tell everyone).