Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jr155

Scared Of Post Accutane Breakouts!

Hey guys so I've been on accutane for about 4 months now moving from 20 mg to 40 and my skin has went from pretty terrible to about 98% clear. I plan on staying on for 2 more months to get 100% clear. However, I've read stories about post accutane breakouts and I am deeply concerned about that. Any suggestions, input, likelyhood of this happening? Anything will be much appreciated

I've gone two years without breakouts. That's two years ago, and first now I'm starting to get acne back. I don't understand it. Had a good two years though, and I've got no problem starting a second course. I just want to see if gets much worse, and then go for a second course. I love accutane, it's helped me a lot and win my confidence back. Couldn't have gone without it, and as I said I won't hesitate to go on a new one if it gets much worse. My advice to you is: Don't worry about problems that aren't there. Just fight them when they come and enjoy your acne free skin!

Over (or slightly under) 90% of people don't relapse after 2 years (that's the longest longitudinal low-dose study I can find). You're better off relishing in the clear skin you have now (and likely will for years to come), and moving on (it takes a while, but it'll happen). You mentioned you're doubling the dosage for the last two months of your course; higher doses have an even higher rate of inducing long-term remission.

Take heart in the fact that, odds are, you'll be clear for good this time.