Notifications
Clear all

Derma-Rolling For Boxcar Scarring

MemberMember
(@riseagainstacne)

Posted : 03/11/2012 12:35 pm

i have mild boxcar and red scares on my cheeks. I been reading a lot about Dermarolling and thought i would give it a shot since i have a lot of time on my hands. I think I'm going to start off with the 1.5mm.

so pretty much I'm asking:

Where should i buy my dermaroller from?

what Topical gels, cleansers, lotions should i use? (before and after)

what Vitamins should i be taking while i do this?

the Forums were seriously giving me a headache reading through all of them.

i just need simple answers to these questions

i would appreciate it A LOTeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/11/2012 12:45 pm

I have the same question. I have some mild to moderate boxscars and was looking into dermarolling.

I am so sad about it though

MemberMember
(@dirtbag)

Posted : 03/11/2012 1:03 pm

Hi both, this site http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf offers some very detailed information which should answer all of your questions.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 03/11/2012 1:14 pm

i have mild boxcar and red scares on my cheeks. I been reading a lot about Dermarolling and thought i would give it a shot since i have a lot of time on my hands. I think I'm going to start off with the 1.5mm.

so pretty much I'm asking:

the Forums were seriously giving me a headache reading through all of them.

i just need simple answers to these questions

i would appreciate it A LOTeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif

you must know derma roller/needling,take time to see reasults,so you must be patient,

ebay/Amazon,there are many brands ,i think dr-roller the best,you can also use single needles

there are many topicals that helps with derma roller such vitamin c serum,copper peptide,retin a

vitamin c,omega 3,6,9.

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 03/11/2012 1:19 pm

Pursuit of happineds do you think it will work for my scars?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/312313-19-year-old-with-terrible-acne-scarring/

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 03/11/2012 1:48 pm

Pursuit of happineds do you think it will work for my scars?

http://www.acne.org/...-acne-scarring/

your scars is not bad at all,we don't know until give it a try, derma roller cheap ,not dangerous,you will not lose thing if you try to use it and see what happen,just be patient:)

MemberMember
(@riseagainstacne)

Posted : 03/11/2012 4:35 pm

@pursuit of happyness:

do you think something like this would be okay?

[Removed] Body back company roller

i would love to get the Dr. roller one, that's the best one

(everyone's been saying) but i'm kinda on a budget :(

MemberMember
(@riseagainstacne)

Posted : 03/11/2012 4:59 pm

it actually looks the exact same! Thank you!

i just been reading all these things that can go wrong "make your skin look worse"

IF you buy a cheapy. and that scares the living sh*t out of me lol

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 03/11/2012 7:33 pm

i use zgts tatinum derma roller, it's cheap may be about 30$, i think it's good,

dr roller it costs about 49$ http://shop.owndoc.com/p-196/dr-roller-15.html

MemberMember
(@riseagainstacne)

Posted : 03/11/2012 8:23 pm

I think I'm actually going to get this one-

http://www.mcssl.com/SecureCart/ViewCart.aspx?mid=F1941D3A-C5E1-41FF-BBB9-BE2BB1853C72&sctoken=639b1b4343144c4880490c4bf39527ff&bhcp=1

Has anyone ever used this one?

i think its nice since to comes with the dermaroller, vitamin rich cream,

Multivitamins tablets and some anti bacterial whips :D its a whole great little package

of goodies!! and i had no idea, derma-rolling was on the Rachael Ray show! lol

MemberMember
(@riseagainstacne)

Posted : 03/11/2012 8:50 pm

holy crap, thanks. lol i guess i'll just have to pay more money then i expected to get a good-quality product.

sadly, that's how everything works. is there any links you can send me that comes with the whole package?

but that's NOT a scam? eusa_doh.gif

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 03/11/2012 9:09 pm

i actually prefer derma stamp over roller. rollers hurt like hell.

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 03/12/2012 1:27 am

Where should i buy my dermaroller from? - I recommend using a derma stamp instead. Easier to use, less chance of complications. I buy mine from jglobalsales.

what Topical gels, cleansers, lotions should i use? (before and after) - Vitamin C and Terproline Professional are good choices. Don't cleanse your face for a few days after rolling.

what Vitamins should i be taking while i do this? - Vitamin C is a must and another multi vitamin made specifically for skin health. I take Wellman's Skin Technology.

MemberMember
(@riseagainstacne)

Posted : 03/12/2012 5:07 pm

do you think derma stamp would be better for boxcar scares? i have some on the

left side of my cheek. i also have red scares but i can deal with those. i just

really want to make my boxcar scarring less noticeable. /:

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 03/19/2012 7:07 am

It's the same thing really, I just prefer derma stamp. Much easier to use, the needles are going straight in and out, with dermaroller it goes in at an angle.

I had many boxcar scars also on the left side of my cheek, most of them are either gone or extremely faint. Use a 1.5mm stamp on your cheek, 1.0mm on your temple since the skin is thinner there.

MemberMember
(@macno0b)

Posted : 02/27/2013 4:47 pm

It's the same thing really, I just prefer derma stamp. Much easier to use, the needles are going straight in and out, with dermaroller it goes in at an angle.

I had many boxcar scars also on the left side of my cheek, most of them are either gone or extremely faint. Use a 1.5mm stamp on your cheek, 1.0mm on your temple since the skin is thinner there.

Do you know if Derma Roll + Retin-a will help reduce or even get rid of shallow boxcar scars like mine? Here are the photos

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/326044-photos-what-scars-do-i-have-how-to-get-rid-of-them/

Thanks,

MemberMember
(@parallax-dreams)

Posted : 03/02/2013 2:33 am

Do you know if Derma Roll + Retin-a will help reduce or even get rid of shallow boxcar scars like mine? Here are the photos

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/326044-photos-what-scars-do-i-have-how-to-get-rid-of-them/

Thanks,

I've got a set of dermarolls and the ointments necessary for use, but I've yet to use it. I would highly recommend purchasing from http://owndoc.com/support/ there.

Sarah Vaughter is extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and isn't at all pushy about her product. I read a lot of her stuff over the years, but still haven't started my dermarolling for my own stretch marks. I plan to start soon, but I have some things to take care of before I begin. I plan to take before/after pictures.

Read up on her site, and if you have any more questions, ask. From what I gather so far, dermarolling combined with either cocoa butter, AHA or retin-a may actually help reduce scarring and stretch marks.

MemberMember
(@brooklyn718)

Posted : 05/30/2013 4:22 pm

hey,

how did the dermarolling go?