Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it effective on acne and red marks/scars?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is it effective on acne and red marks/scars?

• Its GREAT and worked fast!
    • Its GREAT but took time to work.
    • It allright.
    • It broke me out.
    • CRAP! Dont use didnt do anything for me.

Hi,

There are loads of threads on this but no polls, so i decided to make one.

If any one has any success storys or horror storys etc about apple cider cineger or any other vinegar and would like to share them, that would be great!

Thanks,

Tom tongue.gif

People around here seem to be using ACV with better results. So I guess that's what seems to be working.

the only tip is that to start off with a 50/50 of ACV with water. If you don't break out, move up a little bit higher concentration in ACV, with less water.

I'm trying out 50/50 tonight on one of my redmarks. If it doesn't break out, I'll continue to use it.

Hi all,

how do u use tha Apple Cider Vinegar? did u use it after the BP wash/washing or before the washing? 2 or 3x time a day?

cheers

If your breaking out it would be caused by irratation, therefore I most certainly WOULD NOT add more ACV to a diluted mix, but dilute the mix more....

I used ACV for three months and all it did was bother my skin. I used twice a day and then cut back to once a day then from there not at all. My skin is fine now and I would never go back to using it. Everyone is different and the only way to find out is to try, and take it easy at first.

I tried apple cider on my zits. It didn't really help much. It only helped to dry my skin. I can't stand the smell too. It's too strong for me. I tried using apple cider on my hair because it's said to prevent dandruff too. It didn't do much good. My dandruff only came back after I used it.

Apple cider vinegar is just good for the kitchen table. Okay, it's not even good for the kitchen table. It's not as good as balsamic vinegar.

Mabye we should try balsamic vinegar on our face too.

Guest frogprince

anybody with any other opinions to contribute?

I use it as a toner and LOVE it!

It's cleared me up a huge amount. I used to have these red, inflammed break outs on my temple area. From the side my face looked so bad. I started using ACV toner twice a day. This is what i did:

Cleanse

Apply ACV toner with a cotton pad, let dry

Moisturize

That's all! I did use BP after applying ACV and then moisturize at the beginning, but now I only do it when a new pimple comes up, which isn't very often. The ACV toner I use is 1 part ACV and 1 part water. I started off with 1 part ACV and 3 parts water, used that for about a week, then used 1 part ACV and 2 parts water for a week, and now I use equal amounts of each. I'm probably going to stick with the 50/50 solution.

By the way, I have a log that includes my full regimen (with ACV toner) and weekly pictures of my progress with it in the logs section if anyone's interested.

Edited by SeattleGirl

Tried Bragg's ACV the one with Mother in it and it worked awesome, but one thing the smell is terribly bad and also dried me up badly. Overall it did unclog pores and if you have any pimples up to head with that nasty white thing sticking it out this toner takes off the white pusty thing without you going to have to manually pop it which is good!!

Overall awesome product and read that you have to wash your face with a base like baking soda before using an acid form.