Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I am almost at my last resort. I have tried Solodyn, Doxycycline, Minocycline, Epiduo, Retin A, Clindamycin Phosphate, and right now I am taking 100 MG of Minocycline a day with Differin (Adapalene) gel at night. I started Differin only on Thursday night and today is Saturday, so I am preparing for the worst but hoping for the best because it gets worst before it gets better. Currently, I have been using Honey as a facial mask with cinnamon & brown sugar, which has really helped with decreasing inflammation.While this has seemed to help with the number of acne lesions, I still break out it painful cystic pimples that swell underneath the surface and leaves dark red marks. My face is still covered with blackheads,whiteheads,papules,pustules, and 1 or 2 cysts. Also, I have cut out LOTS of different foods, especially including Dairy,Gluten,Caffeine, Sugars, Soy, and artificial flavors with dyes/chemicals & corn syrups, so please don't tell me to try this diet and that! I just want someone to answer my question! Additional information:I wash my face twice a day with Cetaphil and apply moisturizer and sunscreen daily. I have sensitive skin. I also tend to have back acne which consists of large, painfully swollen cysts.

Btw:I have already been approved on taking Accutane, I have the iPledge book and everything, I am just worried about the side effects. I know this sounds absolutely ridiculous, but the main side effect i'm concerned about is stunting growth. That scares me.

So I am almost at my last resort. I have tried Solodyn, Doxycycline, Minocycline, Epiduo, Retin A, Clindamycin Phosphate, and right now I am taking 100 MG of Minocycline a day with Differin (Adapalene) gel at night. I started Differin only on Thursday night and today is Saturday, so I am preparing for the worst but hoping for the best because it gets worst before it gets better. Currently, I have been using Honey as a facial mask with cinnamon & brown sugar, which has really helped with decreasing inflammation.While this has seemed to help with the number of acne lesions, I still break out it painful cystic pimples that swell underneath the surface and leaves dark red marks. My face is still covered with blackheads,whiteheads,papules,pustules, and 1 or 2 cysts. Also, I have cut out LOTS of different foods, especially including Dairy,Gluten,Caffeine, Sugars, Soy, and artificial flavors with dyes/chemicals & corn syrups, so please don't tell me to try this diet and that! I just want someone to answer my question! Additional information:I wash my face twice a day with Cetaphil and apply moisturizer and sunscreen daily. I have sensitive skin. I also tend to have back acne which consists of large, painfully swollen cysts.

Btw:I have already been approved on taking Accutane, I have the iPledge book and everything, I am just worried about the side effects. I know this sounds absolutely ridiculous, but the main side effect i'm concerned about is stunting growth. That scares me.

–A

Austin, (assuming thats your name)

Hey, Im sorry that you are struggling with this, we all are and know how tough it is to go through and support you. Its good to hear that you got approved for accutane! I would say to go for it, from what Ive researched and read, it is highly unlikely that you will get the more serious side effects like stunted growth. Be prepared for chapped lips, wicked dry skin, and possible tired-ness throughout your course because I dont know if anybody goes without these side-effects, but with how you described the condition of your face, I would say the pros will outweigh the cons for you. If you are really concerned, I would say to ask your doctor to keep the dosage smaller and just be on it a little longer.

katie