Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jsp1996

J's Ro(Accutane) Journey

As i've seen a lot of accutane vlogs/blogs, etc on the web i thought it'd be a good idea to create one of my own, considering the treatment i thought it would be nice to have support from people who are dealing with the same thing, so here it goes :)

I started with accutane on the night of March the 1st, making this the 8th day of my treatment. I am taking 2 20mg pills per day (making it 40mg).

Days 1-2 were awful, i got like 10 new zits, which is really not normal for me, although they were kinda small and i didn't have school, so i powered through.

Days 3-5 were a little better, i still had more acne than before starting the treatment but at least i didn't have so many small zits everywhere, i did get a very painful one on the side of my nose, it really does hurt.

Days 6-8 were worse, i got a couple big ones and a few small ones, but the thing is i had school, and i feel really uncofortable being broken out like this, at least they dry out within a day or 2... also, im not shy, cause im usually the type of person that calls the attention to himself, but this is really affecting me, Im showering twice a day because otherwise i feel like a walking volcano.. :S

My skin is getting a little dryer, my lips too, im using moisturizer but only for the lips, the dermathologist said maybe she'd give me some for my skin after the first month but not just yet.

I really hope it calms down by monday, don't want to have another school day like this ones, i hope this is my IB because i wouldn't really know how to handle more than this...

I'll keep you updated, thanks for your support :)

Good luck man. I'm in the same boat. I'm just about halfway through with the first month, and my face definitely isn't better. But from what I've read you kinda have to get past these first couple months, and then you'll start seeing better results. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. smile.png

Thanks esa, joanna and tboy for your support! It really helps

Day 9 - today wasn't too bad, i only got one new really small zit on my chin and everything else is healing right now, hoping it gets better by monday, i did wake up with a dryer face and my lips are getting really dry, have to put chapstick on like every 30-60 minutes.. but it's all part of the process.

I also spent the whole day with my best (girl) friend, so it was a good day (lol didn't know how to put that, not my girlfriend but my best girl, friend, well you get it)

Hoping to not break out again!

Day 10 - Got my first nosebleed yesterday night, woke up with no new ones, the day was quite good, i did feel kinda broken out at night but maybe it's just me, i don't know, felt too red after showering, hope i wake up to good news tomorow! 1/18 of the treatment done :P

Hey man lots of luck to ya! Im on DAY 6 so not too far behind you. I'm Completely with you on the whole going to school with acne (especially worsened acne). I just hate it... But have you experienced any headaches yet? This one i have now is horrible.

Hey man lots of luck to ya! Im on DAY 6 so not too far behind you. I'm Completely with you on the whole going to school with acne (especially worsened acne). I just hate it... But have you experienced any headaches yet? This one i have now is horrible.

Thanks clorifill! Let's hope we don't have to go through many more of those days :)

Okay, days 11-12:

Time is not going that slowly i guess, my lips are getting really dry and the area above my mouth is not doing so great, otherwise it's quite manageable, and im almost done with the 2nd week, so im hoping i get to see some results soon :)