Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boafriend

About Dermastamp Results

Hi everyone:

I was just curious as to how Dermastamping results come about. I've read this board for a while now looking for ways to rid of acne dents that I have on my right cheek and nasion area (place between eyebrows right above where the nosebridge starts). I've heard it's suggested that one gives a month or so of time in between stamping sessions for collagen to produce (and hopefully "fill in" or "flatten" the dents) and I've also read about people (from this board) seeing their dents improve and what not.

However, like said, I'd like to know how these results come about. I've stamped 3 times already (once per week for three weeks so far) and I haven't seen any improvement. I'm not a patient person w/ my skin and I know especially with these collagen induction therapy methods, patience is key...but I just can't help but wish for quick improvement. I've seen posts about people seeing improvement after their first time stamping and even more improvement after the second time, etc and I just wanted to know if those of you who've seen improvement noticed it gradually...or just one day (say...4, 5, or 6 weeks later) suddenly noticed a great improvement? I feel because probably most of us are looking in the mirror a lot, we probably won't notice results as they are happening?

I guess where I'm trying to get at with this is that I want to get a sense as to whether or not I should be stamping more or just wait. I know CIT varies based on one's healing rate (and I'm guessing my healing rate sucks since I have pimples that linger around for like 3 weeks before they go away). I have a 1mm stamp I bought from JGlobalSales off of eBay, and I've been applying Avalon Organics Vitamin C Vitality Serum over the stamped areas after stamping.

Thanks.

Hello boafriend,

From my experience, the personal dermastamps do not penetrate the skin layers enough to stimulate the regeneration process. You would get better results going to a therapist, although this can be quite pricey! If it is something you can afford, try and find a clinic in your area that performs Dermapen treatments. The Dermapen is an electrical device, that has a high speed vibrating function that works to increase the effectiveness of the treatment by rapidly creating multiple insertions. The results from these treatments are amazing! They are quite new, so it may be worthwhile booking in a treatment before it takes off and the prices soar teehee.gif

I do not agree with Gbloom.

Dermastamp works very well, if not better than dermarolling for acne scarring.

And it is great for Do It Yourself, but make sure you RESEARCH this as much as you can!!

There are sooo many amazing testimonials from ppl who have gotten amazing results WITHOUT going to a professional, and spending tons of money, for something

they can do much more cheaply at home.

Read up on Lamarr's posts, they are full of extremely helpful and accurate info and document his amazing recovery from acne scarring, with dermarolling at home

Edited by girlie

Your not going to see results for MONTHS to a year period...NO ONE NEEDS TO DO THIS WITHOUT ACTUALLY DOING.......RESEARCH!!!!! You do not need to be stamping once a week if your using a dermastamp thats 1.5mm in length or longer and your going to need 1 at least that long to penetrate the skin at the collagen level. Id go with a 2.0mm one just to make sure u get the job done. If your using anything less than 1.5mm then your just stamping for the sake of letting your skin absorb topicals better. You are only suppose to stamp every 4-6 weeks if ur using anything 1.5mm or longer

Gbloom...you have no idea what you are talking about when you say someone that gets paid to stab me in the face with a 2.0mm dermastamp can somehow stab me deeper than I can.

Its this simple...spend 1 day reading every topic u can find on these boards about dermastamping and you should become educated enough to do it just as well as someone thats paid to do it to someone else

I get tired of reading these topics where people claim they have read about dermastamping and when I read what they have said I clearly come to the conclusion that they have read very little what so ever on the topic

p.s. anyone who claims to see results in a day...a week...a month r full of shit...they r either seeing results due to their skin swelling or they r just retarded wishful thinkers......honestly odds r u may look worse b4 u start to look better

Edited by healing2.0

Ok thanks you guys. Esp healing2.0 - I appreciate the upfront advice.

I actually did look around for months about Dermastamping, mainly using the threads on this forum for guidance and advice, but I appreciate your input.

I'm going to buy a 2.0 stamp then.

try to read the threads that r kinda long very closely...odds are if someone is doing something wrong in them someone will say something to correct them. If you roll a lot like some people have tried to do...like every day or once a week what u r doing is just keeping your skin slightly inflamed which would give u the appearance that your scars r getting better....from what I have read collagen goes through stages of being laid down and healing. This is why you may not see results for 6 months - a year from ur first dermastamp or roll....which is why doing this treatment can be very frustrating bc u really dont know if ur wasting ur time for a very long time.

Healing 2.0

There is plenty of testimonials of ppl experiencing collagen improvement, in acne scarring using 1.0mm. it doesnt have to be the long needles that only give collagen growth in scars.

I say, start off on the lower end of the needles and see how your skin tolerates it. Better to be safe, than sorry. Start off slow and gentle and allow your skin to acclimatise to the dermastamp/dermaroller.

First of all GBloom is clearly a shill advertising for the Dermapen company. That being said, i'm actually interested in the product and am about to purchase it. Will let you know what I think of it.

Secondly, don't jump straight to the 2.0mm derma stamp. Remember that everyone's skin is different. 2.0mm for me for example is way too long. 1.5mm is enough for most people. You also don't wanna use anything above 1.0mm on your forehead since the skin is much thinner there, will probably result in hyperpigmention if you do. Also the temple area I would use a 1.0mm max. The skin has different thickness levels around the face.

Start out with a 1.0mm or even a 0.5mm and see how your skin reacts, never jump into things or you may regret it.

I certainly do not work for Dermapen. However, I do have some experience in the dermatology field. Performing treatments on yourself with needles longer than 0.5mm is unsafe; which is why it is illegal in England. The reason you can use this length at home is because of the minimal risk; you will not be penetrating the deeper dermal layers with this needle length, merely scratching the surface.

However, there is always a risk when sticking needles in your face as per se. If you do want to do it yourself, I would definitely recommend going to a trained trained professional who will perform a full skin assessment and will advise what is best for your skin. Here you will learn what your skin can tolerate and what implications your contraindications may have; such as hyperpigmentation and erythema.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works for you.

I certainly do not work for Dermapen. However, I do have some experience in the dermatology field. Performing treatments on yourself with needles longer than 0.5mm is unsafe; which is why it is illegal in England. The reason you can use this length at home is because of the minimal risk; you will not be penetrating the deeper dermal layers with this needle length, merely scratching the surface.

However, there is always a risk when sticking needles in your face as per se. If you do want to do it yourself, I would definitely recommend going to a trained trained professional who will perform a full skin assessment and will advise what is best for your skin. Here you will learn what your skin can tolerate and what implications your contraindications may have; such as hyperpigmentation and erythema.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works for you.

Listen, i'm smarter than you think so let's drop the act. First of all, you joined recently, always a red alert. I'm also aware that Skinmed and Dermapen have partnered up recently and all of your posts are either promoting Skinmed products or the Dermapen. Coincidence? No. Thirdly, you just sound like a shill.

And this is coming from someone who LIKES Skinmed products (huge fan of Terproline Professional) and i'm interested in the Dermapen. However, this is a dishonest approach to entice sales and i'll never condone it. Taking advantage of people who are emotionally distraught due to a physical condition is just wrong on so many levels.

yes! So Agree with you on this Liquid!

Liquid which do you think heals skin better : Terproline or the Vit C cream for healing with dermarolling???

I like the Terproline!!

Liquid which do you think heals skin better : Terproline or the Vit C cream for healing with dermarolling???

I like the Terproline!!

If you're going to use Vit C make sure it comes in vials or ampoules for single usage. Vit C tends to oxidise as soon as it comes into contact with air which makes it useless.

Terproline Professional is a good all in one. I got the bulk of my results in the beginning when I just used Terpro on its own.

Keep doing it for 6 weeks and then give it two weeks to see what happens.

I saw a few of my scars level out over a period of 6 weeks. When I stopped for 2 weeks though, that was where a lot of the improvement was.

I saw a few of my scars level out over a period of 6 weeks. When I stopped for 2 weeks though, that was where a lot of the improvement was.

How often are you using it over 6 week period?

Also can anyone recommend where is reliable source to get a dermastamp? Looking at 1.0mm to start with

Edited by pumpkin21

I only used it once per week, but I used a dermaroller and made 5 back-and-forth passes top to bottom, side-to-side, and at an angle so 15 back and forth passes total.

Those of you asking where to buy, you can try JGlobalSales on eBay (very quick shipping) or OwnDoc.

Thanks. It's about 2 months now and I had been stamping once a month....I honestly have seen little to no improvement. I'd say maybe like a tiny tiny bit of filling in, but not enough to the point where it's very noticeable. I'm extremely harsh on my appearance so maybe I'm cutting myself down too much, but I'm not giving up. The scars I'm dealing with are visible in my avatar.

Also, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be stamping for weeks in a row...all you'll be doing is leaving your scars in a continuous state of inflammation/swelling, which may mislead you to believe that your scars have improved or leveled out. But then again, everyone's skin is different, so if you've seen improvement, I'm happy for you.

I've recently read http://www.acne.org/...h-lots-of-pics/ and http://www.acne.org/...58#entry3091458 am thinking of stamping every 2 weeks now as opposed to just once a month. Granted I stamp aggressively already and use a 2.0 stamp, but I'm guessing my 2 rolling scars are just extremely tethered down and stubborn, so I'm pulling out all the stops. I was also finally able to get hold of a good wine pump, so I will implement suctioning too to see how this thing goes. Sucks because I'm cramped for time...I'm leaving the country in about 3 weeks for an overseas summer internship program, so I can't bring my dermastamp or wine pump along with me. I know Sarah from OwnDoc as well as people dermastamping in general don't suggest stamping more than once a month to wait for collagen production, but I mean...I feel this whole "waiting around" game for collagen production is frustrating. You're not able to actually see the production, and in your time of waiting, you might just be wasting your time. I don't know...but point is I'm starting to think more continuous stamping (but not consecutive) will maybe yield more results. We'll see.

Edited by boafriend

I had worried about microswelling as well, which is why I backed out for two weeks to let the swelling go away.

I use a 1.0mm so the healing time is down, but I'm actually going to roll every 2 weeks because I've noticed there's a lot more improvement in two weeks vs. one and I think I may have been hurting the collegan process by rolling so often.

I like the Terproline!!

If you're going to use Vit C make sure it comes in vials or ampoules for single usage. Vit C tends to oxidise as soon as it comes into contact with air which makes it useless.

Terproline Professional is a good all in one. I got the bulk of my results in the beginning when I just used Terpro on its own.

I am planning on rolling in about 2 weeks with a 1.5mm 3 row roller. Is Terproline Professional really worth the money, its $175 from SkinMed. Can anyone vouch that this stuff actually works and worth the money and isn't wishfull thinking that it works? And how often do you apply it.

I don't know dude, I don't think there's a magical topical that suits everyone so couldn't say. It's up to you to go thorugh trial and error, but I like it.

I apply it after the treatment and once every 24 hours until skin is healed.

Posted · Hidden by AKL, June 14, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by AKL, June 14, 2012 - No reason given

I don't know dude, I don't think there's a magical topical that suits everyone so couldn't say. It's up to you to go thorugh trial and error, but I like it.

I apply it after the treatment and once every 24 hours until skin is healed.

Solid Snake > Liquid Ocelot