Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Back story: I'm an 18 year old male and I think I might have hormonal acne but not 100% sure. I was 90% clear in the summer (PIH from the previous months, but few if any active spots). Then in the start of winter, I developed many cysts (5-8?) around my chin and mouth area, as well as annoying pimples on my moustache area, which I do tend to get occasionally. I finally began to heal from that during December. Beginning of January: worst breakout I've had since I've started treating my acne with Acne.org products (1 1/2 year). Multiple whiteheads and pustules appearing on my chin and lower cheek/mouth area (new ones would appear daily). And while my chin area had finally began to calm down from whiteheads, I currently have bad acne all over my jawline, including a growing cyst, as well as 2 cysts on my chin.

A bit of searching on the web leads me to believe that this is is all hormonal acne, but I'm not too sure why; I thought I was done with puberty, and as far as I can tell, no dramatic change to my lifestyle has occurred (well except much less sleep, due to school). I'm currently using just Acne.org Cleanser and AHA+ daily on my face; sometimes the AHA seems to help, but most times it doesnt seem to do much. The BP is much too drying and the moisturizer, and I know people say how important it is to moisturize, seems to break me out. I also take Fish Oil Tablets, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and a tiny bit of Zinc (7.5 mg per day; it's within the Calcium tablets I take). And while I'm not completely restricting my diet in any way, I eat very little sweets or junk food, avoid dairy for the most part, and try to eat at least 2 servings of fruits/veggies a day, and drink plenty of water. (On that note, I'm also considering trying a gluten-free diet, which in my case means cutting out bread, which I eat a lot of).

These past few months have been really frustrating... any advice on why I'm experiencing hormonal acne now or ideas to better treat it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: ok, just realized the past two days, when I've only gotten 3-4 hours of sleep (which is less than my usual 5-6), my pimples/cysts have flared up...correlation?

Edited by 112358

Well ur only 18 so hormonal acne could be the case...also I do use bp but baking soda is better for whiteheads n small zits cause it dosent dry ur skin as bad plus quicker results<3 for me it work.

Well ur only 18 so hormonal acne could be the case...also I do use bp but baking soda is better for whiteheads n small zits cause it dosent dry ur skin as bad plus quicker results<3 for me it work.

Thanks for the reply and teh baking soda advice, though I'm gonna hang off on anything like that until I can get my cysts under control; BP seems to have little effect on them.

Bump

Acne has calmed down a bit since I've been sleeping a bit better. Still would appreciate any advice though. Like if (male) hormonal acne eventually goes away on its own? (once hormones naturally balance I guess...)Thanks.

Edited by 112358