Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on the regimen for probably 3 years now, and i love it. However I have always hated the texture of my skin. I have tried switching moisturizers and tried Dan's AHA, but have had no luck. AHA has always irritated me, even while patiently waiting and using an entire bottle of it.

So I just forgot about it and just did the standard regimen, Face Wash (Purpose Genlte Cleanser), BP (Dan's BP or ProActiv repairing lotion), and Cetaphil moisutrizer.

I really want to add Salicyclic Acid as an exfoliant, but don't really want to choose putting BP or SA , because I have read a lot of you will use it at night but not use BP, and others say they use it during the day instead of BP. So, is Salicyclic acid still effective if I place it over BP?

And if not, then how should I apply it? And can I still apply my moisturizer after it?

I would apply the SA and then wait for like 10 to 15 mins for the SA to absorb.

I would apply the SA and then wait for like 10 to 15 mins for the SA to absorb.

But will I be ok, applying this over BP and will both still work effectively?

Edited by ILoveMyPuppy

Not sure. I didn't have a problem with it, but your skin might be more sensitive than mine or less.

I would definitely spot treat though for the first night to make sure it won't cause problems.

Just beware, salicylic may cause purging/might not be immediatly effective. When I started using a lot of SA, I broke out pretty bad for 4-5 weeks before my skin started really improving.