Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nyc123

Accutane And Workout Supplements

my doctor prescribed me accutane and he said he would stay away from all supplements even protein. i dont see what the big deal about protein shakes is. has anyone drank them on accutane and knows if they are safe? also i drink alooot of milk..will an excess amount be bad on accutane because of vitamin A in it?

maybe the milk and those supplement are causing acne itself. The "big" deal, is that those supplements, i guess whey protein and creatine, makes insulin spike, which leads more DHT production and acne

ive had acne before i started working out or took protein..nothing about my skin has changed for better or worse since i started so i dont see it causing it

I have been thinking about taking whey protein, however like yourself I'm not sure about it. I was under the impression that Whey protein is treated by the body in just the same way as another other protein (for example, from a tin of tuna), its just food is it not? I don't know for sure though so I have decided to err on the side of caution.

You can take your whey protein with just water by the way, not as tasty though.

I've been on accutane for two months.

Current supplements -

Total Mass Gained by MyProtein

Creatine CEE - should go back to Monohydrate

Jack3d pre workout supplement

Glucosamine

ZMA

BCAAs

My dermatologist doesn't seem to mind, just check the Vitamin A content of the supplements. All-in-pnes can contain an amount of Vitamin A.