Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nyla

Does Anybody Else Feel Like This Or Am I Just Crazy

i feel like i don't *truly* know what i look like. in different types of lighting i look SO different and SO horrible. in the mirror in my living room, at home, i look good, my skin looks like it's improving, and in the bathroom mirror, i look nice too. but then i go out, and see myself in a mirror in the shopping mall, inside the bathroom of mcdonald's, and i almost don't recognize myself, it's scary. i think i'm a fairly good-looking person but i look so different in all lighting/mirrors that i don't know which i should believe.

my skin has a few rolling scars on both cheeks + hyperpigmentation.. my acne has reduced over the years and i've also started taking zinc/fish oil supplements so that might have helped. i don't know if it's just how my complexion is reacting towards different lighting. so i'm guessing i'll just have to have a super flawless complexion to look good all the time/everywhere.. or am i just ugly?

Oh my, yes! You are just like me... On certain lighting that hide the inside pigmenting of your skin, I would look good :P... but when at like sharp direct bathroom lightings, the opposite.

Girls in my part would say that I look cute but then when I sometimes look at myself in the mirror I would be like "God.. I need a better skin"

I have discovered alot about lighting, daily sunny lighting is usually the most intense and revlealing, some lightings that are bright but have color in them ,usually hide some of your acne marks... so yes lightings are crazy when you have acn.e

But once you have clear skin, you'll have clear skin in every freaking lighting :)

omg yes! I'm the same. the mirror In my room has good lighting, but as soon as I get to uni and look in the mirror I can't believe I ever stepped out the house looking how I did! But then I learned the power of makeup...I used to wear makeup but not as much as I do now..would not leave the house with it!!

<p>Oh my gosh! That post sounded exactly like something I would write because I feel the exact same way, as if I don't know what I really look like! And that I would just have to have flawless skin in order to look good in any lighting! Also, it feels weird to me (tell me if I'm crazy) because when I look at other people, they always look generally the same to me- I don't notice them looking different in various types of lighting. So then I wonder how other people see me and if they notice different lighting on me. I literally feel the EXACT same way as you, so I guess you aren&%2

Edited by princessdaphne

Happen to me..I hate the car's mirror the most.. I look worst there. :D

Edited by EddieE

Happen to me..I hate the car's mirror the most.. I look worst there. biggrin.png

Haha! yea same if you are sitting on the front. but if you are sitting at the back and look at the front mirror, I think that lighting isn't really bad... imo. But the front one really makes you look bad haha agreed..

Wow I am like how come my face changes the way it looks. Godd dammit then I get self conscious about it. Wow good to know that i am not alone*Relieved*

Edited by DaftFrost

Happen to me..I hate the car's mirror the most.. I look worst there. biggrin.png

Haha! yea same if you are sitting on the front. but if you are sitting at the back and look at the front mirror, I think that lighting isn't really bad... imo. But the front one really makes you look bad haha agreed..

Wow I am like how come my face changes the way it looks. Godd dammit then I get self conscious about it. Wow good to know that i am not alone*Relieved*

Yeah. I am trying to ignore my skin problem and just be happy and focus in school. Since I broke out a bit, I haven't studied much or paid attention in class at all... :(

I am doing so good so far.. I am probably screwed the next exam. I got 2 90's on the first 2 exams. I might get a lower grade next time =\

I noticed this as well. In certain lighting I am okay, and in other lighting its like kill me now. I definitely do not like natural lighting (outdoor) this is certainly the worst. You are not crazy at all.

I notice this as well. Not just with acne, but weight too. I've gained almost 30 pounds in the last 12 months (I used to be quite underweight) but bright light still exposes my lankier traits. Throw me in favorable lighting and I'm fine. Bottom line is, bright light sucks.

I know what you're feeling. I still deal with this even though I haven't had acne for years. I still have keloidal and rolling scars around my chin and on my neck that will never go away.

My advice would be if you find yourself staring in a mirror under certain lighting and you don't like what you see, just stop looking. I know it's easy to obsess about how grotesque you may look in that situation, but you just have to over and look away. Your scarring will not disappear by staring at it but will only leave you with a really bad impression of yourself. Instead, focus on lighting that does make you look good. Tell yourself - because it's true! -, "this lighting is not what I look like." And when you do, you need to let it sink in that that really isn't what you look like.

I know all too well how difficult it can be so I'm right there with you. And remember, most people don't see you under horrible lighting. They more than likely see what you see in NORMAL lighting, and that's one good looking person. :)

Lighting is very tricky. Not just the type of lighting, and how bright, but also what angle it hits you from. People, please dont worry yourselfs to death about stupid things like lighting. Its just an uncontrollable factor. Anyways, everyone looks the same with the lights off. cool2.gif