Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone! I have been using my creams as directed by my dermatologist and a lot of acne has gone away but red marks stay behind. It makes my skin look like its not improving :( Would green tea drinking it help reduce the scars or any other home remedies work? Thanks in advance :D

I drink about 4 cups of green tea/day, and it does very little for red marks. Retin A and glycolic acid 10% are far more effective for me.

I drink about 2-3 cups of green tea a day, but red marks still take a long time to fade. Plus, if you drink it very hot, then your skin is more likely to flush and the marks become more visible. I think green tea is good overall, but it probably won't help you get rid of those red marks any quicker. Makeup, such as a light concealer, might be your best bet. You may want to talk to your doctor about options as well. If you don't want to make a trip to your doc, your pharmacist might also be able to help, or at least recommend something.

Thanks for replying has anyone tried lemon juice applied topically? Not sure if I should use it as a toner. smile.png

I've tried using lemon juice but sadly it didn't do much. But you should still try it just cause it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. Besides people don't really give bad reviews on using it other then it doesnt/ didn't work.