Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AyeeK

Tretinoin Gel - Otc Retinol Alternative?

So after being on Tretinoin gel for years, I'm currently without health insurance to cover the costs of obtaining my prescription.

Tretinoin has worked wonders for my acne, and now since I've run out, my face has been going crazy.

I know that retinol is another form of Vitamin A, not as pure and strong as Tretinoin but I mean isn't still catergorized the same?

I was wondering if anyone has found an OTC alternative that contains Retinol, in hopes that this can be used to be my source of Vitamin A acting as a Tretinoin Gel to get my face somewhat back to normal.

The only Retinol products I've seen at the drugstore are mainly aimed towards wrinkles, but I know that Vitamin A is a multi purpose ingredient. I don't know if the new Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair will do any good for my acne thought it is cheaper to use these products instead of paying for the full price of a tube of Tretinoin.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks!

Either find out which products have the strongest amount of retinol or order from a site that sells tretinoin.

Retinol is a weaker version and is often found it anti aging products. I would say a serum is better just because serums usually have less ingredients. Not always but some do.

Im not sure which is best as far as OTC. You'd have to ask around on that maybe on a different forum. I use Tretinoin gel .025 atm.