Notifications
Clear all

Explaining The Non-Uniformity In Testimonies Regarding Different Treatments

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 03/07/2012 6:07 pm

this is my attempt to explain a lack of uniformity in experiances or wide range of opinions about different treatments or changes in diet or topical usage in regards to their benefits or detriments to someone acne condition.

i suppose the main theme here would be the concept of synergism, and a general awareness of the complexity of the human body and of life. but here is an example of a what im taking about:

someone tries to use zinc for a week or so to see how it affects their acne condition, finds no results whatsoever, while another person claims to have an improvement. both, make up their minds about how zinc supplements affect acne, both people are right and both are wrong at the same time and here is why. first off, there is no doubting the authority of their individual experiances, they may be both reporting the absolute truth as to how zinc affected their body under certain conditions, but a possible difference may be that, the one who experianced benefits was replete in vitamin A, while the other that did not experience benefits was deficient in vitamin A, and vitamin a is required for full zinc utilization by the body, therefore, the concept of synergism was responsible for explaining their complete opposite experiances in regards to zinc and acne.

there are so many variables that interact like this, you may try something one day and it works, and then two weeks from now and it doesnt, and it is possibly due to this synergistic nature of elements.

the above situation is hypothetical, im not advocating that zinc will help anyones acne or not, or that lack of vitamin a will make your acne worse, but it is possible.

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 03/07/2012 6:29 pm

this is my attempt to explain a lack of uniformity in experiances or wide range of opinions about different treatments or changes in diet or topical usage in regards to their benefits or detriments to someone acne condition.

i suppose the main theme here would be the concept of synergism, and a general awareness of the complexity of the human body and of life. but here is an example of a what im taking about:

someone tries to use zinc for a week or so to see how it affects their acne condition, finds no results whatsoever, while another person claims to have an improvement. both, make up their minds about how zinc supplements affect acne, both people are right and both are wrong at the same time and here is why. first off, there is no doubting the authority of their individual experiances, they may be both reporting the absolute truth as to how zinc affected their body under certain conditions, but a possible difference may be that, the one who experianced benefits was replete in vitamin A, while the other that did not experience benefits was deficient in vitamin A, and vitamin a is required for full zinc utilization by the body, therefore, the concept of synergism was responsible for explaining their complete opposite experiances in regards to zinc and acne.

there are so many variables that interact like this, you may try something one day and it works, and then two weeks from now and it doesnt, and it is possibly due to this synergistic nature of elements.

the above situation is hypothetical, im not advocating that zinc will help anyones acne or not, or that lack of vitamin a will make your acne worse, but it is possible.

This makes me think of allergy testing, like if you were to get a blood or fecal test to assess your body's allergies daily I imagine the results would come back slightly different every day.

Sidenote: Can you tell me a little bit more about the three different types of b12? Maca root and shellfish come to mind, so obviously two of those three are from an animal and non-animal source.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 03/07/2012 10:15 pm

This makes me think of allergy testing, like if you were to get a blood or fecal test to assess your body's allergies daily I imagine the results would come back slightly different every day.

Sidenote: Can you tell me a little bit more about the three different types of b12? Maca root and shellfish come to mind, so obviously two of those three are from an animal and non-animal source.

So basically this is a reminder that topicals, diets, treatments, this, that, or the other thing does not work for everyone.

So a person needs to help them self by examining why they breakout and what they can do to help. Simpler said then done i know. Though its like if your female and have hormonal breakouts BC is an option as well as B6 supplementation.

Guys, well finding away to deal with prolactin and DHT is your fight

And so forth.

Vitamins help the general health and some people its all they need to help them. Others not so. Just remember just because it doesnt work on you doesnt mean it doesnt help. For example i for some reason cant use vitamin D while others it does miracles.

B12 from my understand can cause breakouts. It is suggested you take the b12 that stars with an M and sorry im too lazy to find out which one that is. Im already late for my run.. so this is what i've heard,

b12 is necessary for a lot of things but the key is moderation as too much is a bad thing and not helping acne any.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 12/21/2012 10:07 pm

Very good post; so many people take 1 person's report of a supplement; diet, product, etc and run with it or dismiss it.