Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiImMatt

Should I Just Go For A Job At Fast Food Even Tho...?

It would probably mean working around teenagers(who could be a**holes) and also having the risk of getting more acne due to working around deep fryers?

Im just really in need of a job really bad and none of the place i've applied to(Grocery stores, retail stores, ect..) isn't calling me back. I applied to two subways, yes its fast food but at least not with deep fryers, just making sandwiches, they didnt call me either even though they WERE hiring :/.

Anyway, should i just go for it? I mean fast food restaurants (excluding subway) are always hiring, especially mcdonalds. But i just dont feel mcdonalds for some reason.

Theres a chick-fil-a about to open up here next month and there gonna be needing people soon, should i go for that?

Also if i do get a job at a fast food restuarant, what can i do to prevent acne while working there?

Thanks for any replys.

If there's a job available and you feel like giving it a go, no real reason not to. I guess you're the only one who can make the decision. Don't let your acne be a factor though because it's easy to look at that as an issue and let it dictate things, regardless of where you work. Ultimately, if you want to go ahead and find a job, give it your best, experience new things and meet new people along the way, focus on that and don't let your acne be a factor. :)

I worked at McDonald's for years, it really was a great job. Everyone I worked with I got along fine with, and yes I had acne then.

Yes, get the job! There's nothing better than earning your keep through hard work and labor. Plus you'll be so busy working that it'll take your mind off of the acne. Kills two birds with one stone.

Yes, get the job! There's nothing better than earning your keep through hard work and labor. Plus you'll be so busy working that it'll take your mind off of the acne. Kills two birds with one stone.

This is true when you look at the bigger picture, so perhaps you should go for it if you feel like it. Good luck!

Give it a try, although I used to work for Mcd's and I HATED IT. Was an awful place to work, and it made my skin worse. I quit.

Get a CNA and work in Geriatrics. You don't have to work with older people directly as there do exist dietary positions.

Though you have to be up for the challenge. No backing out or calling in sick because of the way you look.

When i worked directly as a CNA i was working with older, more mature adults (in there 20's for example) and they were pretty cool people to be around. Now i work in a smaller facility but have more people to be responsible for. Love the challenge.

Its up to you and what you want to do. You want an ordinary job like everyone else? Or something else?