Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
puppycorn

What Is Your Acne Like Today?

I thought I'd start a thread for those of us with severe acne so we can talk about what it's like for us on a daily basis with regards to how our skin is. Please include daily pictures if you can, it'll be like a journal for us all!

For me:

My acne is mainly jawline for now, a couple of cysts and a lot of redness, I seem to be getting little spots around my lips and nose which hasn't happened before. Had a major breakout due to something that I've not worked out yet, I'm thinking it's a nut allergy. Sticking to the same routine, nothing is changing for me, I'll ride it out and see how it goes.

How about you?

Aww. What a sweet thread. I'm into my third month of my regimen, finally upping my intensity with a glycolic and lactic acid toner. The vitamin A serum I'm doing has helped all my small bumps, and most of my larger pustules and cystic acne has since cleared. I have been experiencing small breakouts on a consistent basis that are slowly getting smaller and smaller.

As of today, I have a moderate breakout on my neck and my forehead and temples are completely clear. So things are looking up for me.

OH: I've gotten spots on my upper lip and nose before. I probably get those as frequently as I get a spot here and there on my back. Best not to fret about it much and focus on your regimen and eating healthy. Not every breakout can be pinpointed. Stick to your routine. :)

Aww. What a sweet thread. I'm into my third month of my regimen, finally upping my intensity with a glycolic and lactic acid toner. The vitamin A serum I'm doing has helped all my small bumps, and most of my larger pustules and cystic acne has since cleared. I have been experiencing small breakouts on a consistent basis that are slowly getting smaller and smaller.

As of today, I have a moderate breakout on my neck and my forehead and temples are completely clear. So things are looking up for me.

OH: I've gotten spots on my upper lip and nose before. I probably get those as frequently as I get a spot here and there on my back. Best not to fret about it much and focus on your regimen and eating healthy. Not every breakout can be pinpointed. Stick to your routine. smile.png

Thank you! It sounds like you're heading in the right direction yourself, here's to a clear future!

I'm two months into my Apple Cider Vinegar regimen, 3 days into the Virgin Coconut Oil moisturizing. I also have the addition of steaming my face with chamomile and tea tree oil, which really moisturizes my face and opens my pores and makes me all dewy and nice. My acne gone.. but there are spots of little red scabs on my face.. dry spots and a few patches of redness here and there.

I also recently obtained a new "friend": this weird sort of fever blister right under my nose... stupid *************!!!!! it hurts and stings. Like a little patch of blisters the size of my finger nail under my nostril. I have never had this before, and it's probably from steaming my face or eating too much oatmeal... or stress. But it's ugly. I put some tea tree oil on it and it's scabbing a bit. so I'm a big scab basically.

Besides all that, I have no active cysts or pimples. It's normal for me to have AT LEAST one. But this new regime is actually really good, and I think this is just a detoxifying process I'm going through, because I did break out at first. Anyway, best of luck to everyone.

OH YA: My back recently EXPLODED with zits and pimples and blackheads and whiteheads all over. I'm a vegan, so whenever I eat something bad or drink alcohol, my body is super sensitive and will pay me back with a cyst or whatever. I've been using rubbing alcohol and ACV on my back, and it seems to be doing the trick. :)

I'm two months into my Apple Cider Vinegar regimen, 3 days into the Virgin Coconut Oil moisturizing. I also have the addition of steaming my face with chamomile and tea tree oil, which really moisturizes my face and opens my pores and makes me all dewy and nice. My acne gone.. but there are spots of little red scabs on my face.. dry spots and a few patches of redness here and there.

I also recently obtained a new "friend": this weird sort of fever blister right under my nose... stupid *************!!!!! it hurts and stings. Like a little patch of blisters the size of my finger nail under my nostril. I have never had this before, and it's probably from steaming my face or eating too much oatmeal... or stress. But it's ugly. I put some tea tree oil on it and it's scabbing a bit. so I'm a big scab basically.

Besides all that, I have no active cysts or pimples. It's normal for me to have AT LEAST one. But this new regime is actually really good, and I think this is just a detoxifying process I'm going through, because I did break out at first. Anyway, best of luck to everyone.

OH YA: My back recently EXPLODED with zits and pimples and blackheads and whiteheads all over. I'm a vegan, so whenever I eat something bad or drink alcohol, my body is super sensitive and will pay me back with a cyst or whatever. I've been using rubbing alcohol and ACV on my back, and it seems to be doing the trick. smile.png

Hey there, I had super dry skin, and I made chapstick earlier using virgin coconut oil...I put that on the spot and it really seemed to help. When do you apply it? At night after shower? It doesn't casue you to break out more?

thanks,

OH YA: My back recently EXPLODED with zits and pimples and blackheads and whiteheads all over. I'm a vegan, so whenever I eat something bad or drink alcohol, my body is super sensitive and will pay me back with a cyst or whatever. I've been using rubbing alcohol and ACV on my back, and it seems to be doing the trick. smile.png

Hey there, I had super dry skin, and I made chapstick earlier using virgin coconut oil...I put that on the spot and it really seemed to help. When do you apply it? At night after shower? It doesn't casue you to break out more?

thanks,

Hey! It really seemed weird to me the first time i read about VCO (virgin coconut oil) on the skin..c ause i was like.. won't that make me break out???????? so i did A LOT of research about it and i was like.. what the heck.. might as well try it out. i read how one lady does it: steams her face then applies it and then steams her face again. so this is what i did IN THE MORNING:

- I washed my face with tea tree oil face wash,

- i boiled a pot of water with chamomile flowers and tea tree oil in it, took it off the stove and put it on a towel on the table , then i put a towel around my head like a tent and steamed my face over the water for 5 minutes.

- i then took a cotton ball with some apple cider vinegar and wiped it all over my face.

- i reboiled the water and steam my face again for 10-15 minutes

- quickly, while my pores were still open, (i washed my hands) and i took like a pinky nail sized amount of the coconut oil and massaged it on my forehead as a tester area.. because my forehead isn't as bad as my cheeks. (this was the first time i did it.)

- after massaging it in, i reboiled the water and steamed my face again for 5 minutes and then ran a nice clean cloth under really hot tap water and wiped off the excess oil on my forehead.

i waited all day and nothing happened, no break outs. but there was one cyst on my forehead that i had been battling for 4-5 weeks (kept coming and going and swelling and deflating).. after about an hour or so, the cyst on my forehead shrunk down and a little tiny scab formed over the pore... and i was SOOOOO HAPPY AND I WAS LIKE OMG COCONUT OIL IS A MIRACLE FROM HEAVEN!!! but i didn't get my hopes up too much. the next day i did the same thing in the morning.. the steaming and coconut oil massaging. and nothing happened, the cyst is looking good.. going away. and then the third day i did it all over my face.. i was like wth.. lets give it a spin. so i did it all over my face and nothing happened.. my cysts and pimples scabbed up a bit and are going away.. so this is good news.

you can try it out.. make sure you do a tester area. and its important to wipe off the excess oil with the hot cloth. give it a whirl! i hope this helps. :)

and oh ya!! i use the VCO on my nails before bed and on my lips too.. makes them all plump and pretty. :P

btw, this is only.. my fourth morning doing this... so who knows what could happen. but i have a lot of faith in the coconut oil! please don't get upset with me if you try it and it gets worse. :( i would be really mad at myself for being the cause of more acne on someones face. so.. i guess this my disclaimer. :) good luck!

thanks,

Hey! It really seemed weird to me the first time i read about VCO (virgin coconut oil) on the skin..c ause i was like.. won't that make me break out???????? so i did A LOT of research about it and i was like.. what the heck.. might as well try it out. i read how one lady does it: steams her face then applies it and then steams her face again. so this is what i did IN THE MORNING:

- I washed my face with tea tree oil face wash,

- i boiled a pot of water with chamomile flowers and tea tree oil in it, took it off the stove and put it on a towel on the table , then i put a towel around my head like a tent and steamed my face over the water for 5 minutes.

- i then took a cotton ball with some apple cider vinegar and wiped it all over my face.

- i reboiled the water and steam my face again for 10-15 minutes

- quickly, while my pores were still open, (i washed my hands) and i took like a pinky nail sized amount of the coconut oil and massaged it on my forehead as a tester area.. because my forehead isn't as bad as my cheeks. (this was the first time i did it.)

- after massaging it in, i reboiled the water and steamed my face again for 5 minutes and then ran a nice clean cloth under really hot tap water and wiped off the excess oil on my forehead.

i waited all day and nothing happened, no break outs. but there was one cyst on my forehead that i had been battling for 4-5 weeks (kept coming and going and swelling and deflating).. after about an hour or so, the cyst on my forehead shrunk down and a little tiny scab formed over the pore... and i was SOOOOO HAPPY AND I WAS LIKE OMG COCONUT OIL IS A MIRACLE FROM HEAVEN!!! but i didn't get my hopes up too much. the next day i did the same thing in the morning.. the steaming and coconut oil massaging. and nothing happened, the cyst is looking good.. going away. and then the third day i did it all over my face.. i was like wth.. lets give it a spin. so i did it all over my face and nothing happened.. my cysts and pimples scabbed up a bit and are going away.. so this is good news.

you can try it out.. make sure you do a tester area. and its important to wipe off the excess oil with the hot cloth. give it a whirl! i hope this helps. smile.png

and oh ya!! i use the VCO on my nails before bed and on my lips too.. makes them all plump and pretty. tongue.png

btw, this is only.. my fourth morning doing this... so who knows what could happen. but i have a lot of faith in the coconut oil! please don't get upset with me if you try it and it gets worse. sad.png i would be really mad at myself for being the cause of more acne on someones face. so.. i guess this my disclaimer. smile.png good luck!

Hey there! No worries, I am actually on Accutane, and so really I just need to combat dryness...its a good feeling knowing that no matter what you put on your face, you won't get a break out.

I have also read miraculous things about coconut oil, including eating it, apparently it's just really good for you in general. I just needed something a little more intense than my CeraVe lotion for the few super dry spots that I had...and I really think it worked.

Thank you for your detailed response, I am so glad someone else thought to give this a try.

Good luck with your regimen! And congrats on being able to go to the gym each morning. My husband and I tried this for awhile and we are guilty of just hitting snooze. I hope once summer rolls around it'll be easier to get up! :)