Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any long term Regimen users notice their face is darker than the rest of their body since on the regimen? Not so much red, but almost like a bad tan or makeup? Does this go away?

My face is a totally different colour to the rest of me. Living in England doesn't help matters because we get roughly three days of sunshine every year, (as I write this, it's cold and pouring down with rain), so it's pretty noticeable when someone here looks even slightly tanned! lol.gif

From the neck down, I'm quite pale but there's an orange tint to the majority of my face so it's obviously a direct result of acne products. No doubt that it's from using way too much high percentage BP in my teens.

I even had a guy come up to me at a concert a few weeks ago who started making fun of me, saying that my skin looked orange and that I must have been wearing makeup. I guess some days it's more noticeable than others but I'm aware of it all the time. My sister says it looks like a tan and my Mum says it looks yellow, so getting these contrasting opinions doesn't really help in terms of trying to gauge if it's noticeable, how people perceive it and whether they'll laugh or something.

Perhaps if I leave it, it will fade over time, or maybe the damage is done, I don't know. It's been about seven years since I stopped using BP and harsh cleansers but the tone's never evened out. huh.png

oh great! lol. Wow are people really that rude? The only people who say anything to me are my family, but I swear people look at me funny in public. I actually noticed that it's not "tan" right away. For the first hour or so I look "normal" and then a few hours later it gets that tan/orange tint to it. I don't know if it's because I've got sensitive skin or what. It's quite annoying! But glad I'm not alone in this =P It used to be bright red, so at least that's gone. So maybe time will tell?

Edited by whatthekell

Hey... I'm not a long term regimen user, but I do notice a "tan" on my face... The funny thing is that my face is usually pale in comparison to the rest of my body, so doing the regimen actually made my face the same color as the rest of my body... So I guess it works in reverse as well... lol

lol well lucky you! i actually started going tanning to try to match my body with my face hahaha. p.s. you kinda look like mila kunis at a glance! =)

The funny thing is that my face is usually pale in comparison to the rest of my body, so doing the regimen actually made my face the same color as the rest of my body... So I guess it works in reverse as well... lol

lol.gif Lucky you! I might go and buy loads of BP, start bathing in it or something, see if I can get the rest of my body to catch up!

Wow are people really that rude? The only people who say anything to me are my family, but I swear people look at me funny in public.

In my experience, yes. I don't know, maybe I give off a vibe or something. I probably look insecure or as though I'm lacking confidence - which is true - and maybe certain people see that as something they can easily target. It used to be that way with the bullies in school and I guess that guy's response was just the equivalent. I usually feel like everyone is judging me in some way or that they're looking at some part of me. Probably totally paranoid, but then there are moments like with that guy which add weight to how I think and feel when I'm around people. It's just frustrating now because I hoped that would stop when my acne cleared, but it seems like even though I've got rid of it for the most part, I'm still stuck with this skin tone that seems to stand out for the wrong reasons. I think I'll just have to move somewhere where there's lots of sun, then I could have a good tan and it would solve my problem! biggrin.png

p.s. you kinda look like mila kunis at a glance! =)

Yeah, I thought that as well! nod.gif

Awwww... thanks guys, you just made my day!! :D Yea, it's kind of weird but my body skin is always darker than my face and DKR evened everything out... lol

The funny thing is that my face is usually pale in comparison to the rest of my body, so doing the regimen actually made my face the same color as the rest of my body... So I guess it works in reverse as well... lol

lol.gif Lucky you! I might go and buy loads of BP, start bathing in it or something, see if I can get the rest of my body to catch up!

Wow are people really that rude? The only people who say anything to me are my family, but I swear people look at me funny in public.

In my experience, yes. I don't know, maybe I give off a vibe or something. I probably look insecure or as though I'm lacking confidence - which is true - and maybe certain people see that as something they can easily target. It used to be that way with the bullies in school and I guess that guy's response was just the equivalent. I usually feel like everyone is judging me in some way or that they're looking at some part of me. Probably totally paranoid, but then there are moments like with that guy which add weight to how I think and feel when I'm around people. It's just frustrating now because I hoped that would stop when my acne cleared, but it seems like even though I've got rid of it for the most part, I'm still stuck with this skin tone that seems to stand out for the wrong reasons. I think I'll just have to move somewhere where there's lots of sun, then I could have a good tan and it would solve my problem! biggrin.png

p.s. you kinda look like mila kunis at a glance! =)

Yeah, I thought that as well! nod.gif

I definitely know how you feel about being paranoid in public. it's such an annoying feeling isn't it? maybe one day we will eventually get over it. I guess we've dealt with this problem for so long, we're not ready to break the other habits that go along with it. Moving to a warmer place sounds good to me! =)