Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mmaguy115

19 Yr. Old Mild Acne Accutane Log (Weekly Photos)

Well......

This has been a long time coming. I've had mild, persistent, acne since I was about 14. Like everyone else who has resorted to Accutane, IVE TRIED IT ALL (list below of all treatments I've tried). I started seeing a dermatologist when I was 17, before then I wasn't too concerned about my acne. As I got older, acne started holding me back and being the uber self conscious person that I am, all i thought about was how bad my face looked.

It took me 4 different doctors before I finally found one who agreed with me on the accutane road. Each and every time I would visit a new doctor, i was prescribed a new treatment. More pills, antibiotics, creams, gels, all that crap. Last summer I was eager to find a solution, for I started college in August. Mid July my doctor said we would try an Epiduo treatment and if it didn't work in 1 month it would be time for accutane. 1 month later, no progress made. But before I could start my course, my mom gave me a long speech about how difficult it would be to come back home every month for a doctors visit , being out of state student, and she didn't want me on a powerful drug as I was begining to start college. I stuck with epiduo throughout the rest of fall last year and actually started seeing results. My skin was 75% clear, but still oily and breaking out. Last month I said enough was enough, went home, talked to my doctors and was prescribed accutane.

I am a 19 year old male, 205 lbs, 6'3.

Starting month 1 with 40mg. Drinking lots of water taking daily Vitamin E, Fish Oil, and Vitamin C.

-Using Cetaphil daily cleanser.

-Aloe vera gel with jojoaba oil and cetaphil moisturizer mixed in.

Really hoping this drug works for me, I'm ready to get my confidence and life back.

Day (1)

21849419.jpg

da1dn.jpg

day1g.jpg

Previous treatments:

Proactive

Skin ID

All sorts of BP and SA products

Sulfur products

Tazorac

Retin- a

Acanya

Aczone

Sulfacidamide

Phosphate

Differin .1/.3

Finacea

Epiduo

Doxycycline

Monocycline

Tetracycline

Cyndafix, or something. Cant remember name

Red light / blue light therapy

Vitamins

Eating Right

Lots of water

Sleeping on back (bacteria from pillow)

Edited by mmaguy115

Best of luck man!

Thank you all for the Support!

Heres End of Week 1 Photos. Im on day 8 right now, just didn't get time yesterday to upload these photos.

Only side effect so far has been dried lips and skin. Always using moisturizer and aquaphor for my lips, an easy trade off for a no more acne. Also, I did have a mood swing on day 5 I think? for 3 hours I was just really angry, for no particular reason just really pissed. Was kind of funny looking back, but haven't really experienced anything similar to it since.

As far as breaking out, I'm deff hitting the IB. But then again I was always breaking out before I started accutane so the IB is nothing new. Seems like everything is starting to calm down. Currently using Proactive BP cream, found it under my skin the other day so I just started doing a spot application twice a day just to help with IB. Really looking forward to no more break outs, then my skin and finally start healing and wont have these stupid scar/marks on my face.

Well here it is:

Day (7)

83628819.jpg

da7.jpg

day7n.jpg

Wow good luck. I am starting accutane in a few weeks. 21 y/o male. Suffered with moderate acne since about 14

i dont mean to be rude...but a lot of people, including me, would killlll to have acne as mild as that. But its your choice man..i hope this clears you up for good. its mild so it should clear up real quick. Good luck bro.

i dont mean to be rude...but a lot of people, including me, would killlll to have acne as mild as that. But its your choice man..i hope this clears you up for good. its mild so it should clear up real quick. Good luck bro.

Yes I know, and no worries. My step brother had severe cystic acne over the course of his life and I saw him deal with it. My acne isn't as bad as most people on accutane, but after having talked to my doctor about my previous treatments and the lack of improvement, he suggested accutane. Lets be honest here, we would all kill to have perfect skin regardless.

While acne can be mild to severe, in one way shape or form it affects people physically/mentally. While I only have mild acne, it still has held me back from doing plenty of things over the course of my life, such as my senior prom.

Day 14 Pictures Tomorrow!

Edited by mmaguy115