Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
racecarpanda

I've Had This Damn Thing On My Nose For 3 Weeks And A Half

I'm at my end, initially 3 weeks ago I was going to go to my dermatologist (and I hate him cause he is awful at his job) but I missed the appointment so I said you know what I'll wait it out I guess... was I ****ing wrong

8rDSv.jpg

this thing (nodule? maybe) has been on my nose for the past 3 1/2 weeks, I hate it so much, I put ice on it and I also put on benzyl peroxide (yes I am on dan's regimen) but this thing does not want to go away. Yesterday I took two cotton swabs, some alcohol and tried to 'pop it', nothing came out, no puss, some bleeding. I put ice on it but all that does is remove the 'swelling' redness, the picture above is after I iced it down it actually looks much redder. So I'm in a bind here, I'm making an appointment with the derma but I also want to know if anyone here has experienced this? sucks to have it on your nose :[

Please offer any information I could use to get rid of this thing, thanks!

Edited by linkhero

its definitly not a nodule, its just a "big zit", i bet it was smaller when it hadnt been touched, Its supposed to go sway with time, not touching it at all. And if you see a white head on the top, you can pop, but try not to, so the PIH last less time and no scarring of course. If cant stand it, i understand how you feel, talk with your derm and ask him for a cortisone shot.

Something like that that isn't going away on its own might need a cortisone shot. I wouldn't try to pop it. If it's a sebaceous cyst and pops under the skin it could be reinfected. Good luck and hopefully the derm all get you some help!

I don't recommend a steroid injection - everyone is different - but when I have had a cyst or nodule injected in has gotten rid of the cyst/nodule but also created a huge dent in my face - that has not improved - going on 2 years. This is a common reaction to steroid injections. Be careful!

I don't recommend a steroid injection - everyone is different - but when I have had a cyst or nodule injected in has gotten rid of the cyst/nodule but also created a huge dent in my face - that has not improved - going on 2 years. This is a common reaction to steroid injections. Be careful!

aww now im hesitant to get a shot but this thing isnt improving... I want it off my face but I don't want scarring or remnants of the shot

damn

Haha I get the exact similar zit on my nose.

I had 2 this year. I had one that lasted an entire month until it completely faded away. Don't touch it, if it doesn't have a puss, just leave it. Even if it has a puss, try not to pop it, it causes a brown acne mark which took 3 month for me to fade.

So yea.. trust me it goes away, you just need time and sleep a lot :)

yeah and I don't want hyperpigmentation on my nose... its so noticeable :/ man

3WKxy.png

update, this is what it looks like without the icing down, agh its still the same size

Qp9Gg.png

with dried benzyl peroxide

Edited by linkhero

avatar5.jpglike i said if not walgreens try gnc or vitaworld healthfoods store whatever they have near you. those places are more likely to carry sulfur soaps if all else fails order online! Edited by Cynthia321

Hm, having that zit for a month is long.. especially same size. A big zit that I get goes away within a week.There's something wrong >_>

Edited by EddieE

Back with an update, its getting smaller and smaller, now its a lighter red tone (closer to my skin tone)

aXS2B.png

It appears shiny in the photo but its much less "hard" and reflective, and more soft and just a bit of a bump, maybe in a week it will finally be ca-poot

This taught me a valuable lesson, patience. Please please please do not irritate your acne, I wanted this thing to go away so bad that I poked myself with a steral needle and two cotton swabs trying to pop it but to no avail. I desperately iced it down again and again and again but it always came back how it was when I woke up. I picked at it, I scratched it, and I tried to pop it more than that with the needle. The only thing these "methods" did was irritate and prolong it's stay on my face, so DON'T do them. The best steps to take are to 1) Don't irritate 2) Daily Cleansing routine

I hope this helps someone in the future and they don't make the same mistakes I did with an annoying little pimple like this, its actually so miniscule now that I don't really worry about it because like I said its closer to my skin tone and it isn't BULGING out like it was before. Just some extra notes, I used Dan's benzyl peroxide and face wash through this whole ordeal, thanks for reading.

Edited by linkhero

I had the same sort of thing. I thing on my nose. I think it was below the dermis, not the epidermis, so it wouldn't pop. So, you're right, you just have to be patient.