Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cash

Question for Sparty...

Hey Sparty,

Is your daily make-up regime posted anywhere?

I'm sure you have a heap of products, but what are your daily standards?

Thanks,

cash

blink.gif urrrr no. I never post about my skincare and makeup routine anywhere.

Please keep in mind that people skin react differently even when they use exactly the same product.

I usually don't get pimple from cosmetic but I have something much worse than pimple. My NORMAL reaction to product is Anaphylaxis. This is extremely rare...so don't need to worry, ok.

My skincare routine is extremely simple. No one believe me when I tell them.

Everything I use is recommended to me by my aunt (she is also my dermatologist).

Morning

CLICK Picture of my daily skincare

Evening just the same thing without sunscreen.

CLICK for picture of my favorite foundation

dry.gif I have more makeup than I can use. These are my favorite.

Foundation : I usually pick between these 3, depend on how I want to

1.1 Tinted moisturizer from Rimmel: for a day that I just want my skin to look milky

1.2 Becca foundation stick: I usually use this on my nose and blemish. Actually I think of it as light concealer.

1.3 Laura Mercier powder foundation: use when I'm lazy.

I alter these 3 on regular basis.

Concealer

2 Becca concealer: use it to cover everything from blemish to undereye dark circle

Laura Mercier secret camouflage (not shown in the photo): similar to Becca.

Powder

3 Laura Mercier loose powder: this is my favorite loose powder.

brightening powder

Laura Mercier secret brightening powder: use this under my eye to create illusion of bright fresh looking, restful eyes. tongue.gif

I have "X" over maybelline wonder finish because it gave me anaphylaxia. (huge red hives)

Thanks Sparty-

I've always enjoyed your posts. I'm really excited about trying the Rimmel tinted moisturizer. I have tried many and can't quite find THE one. Right now I am using SkincareMD TM with spf 15 by Dr. Gross. I do like it, but it may be a tad orange. I have already tried Stila, Hard Candy, Sonia Kashuk. Now, Rimmel is available at the drugstore, right? How much? I have also been searching for a concealer forever. I just read your pinned post on MAC, Becca, and Laura Mercier. I am leaning towards MAC, but am going to have them apply it to see how much I like it. What's the difference between Studio Fix and Studio Finish anyway? Oh, and how much for the sunscreen you use? Sorry the spill of questions, just curious.

Thanks, cash

Rimmel is available in Walmart and it's very cheap. Everything under 10$ I think.

Studio Fix is a powder and foundation in one.

Studio Finish powder is a pressed powder that gives a matte finish to the skin.

(Studio Finish liquid comes in two finish matte finish and sheer natural finish)

Studio Fix offers more coverage than Studio Finish. But if you are looking for concealer I think you are looking for Studio Finish SPF15. That one is lightweight creamy concealer. It offers more coverage than studio fix.

So basically, Studio Finish series contain: pressed powder, liquid foundation, and cream concealer.

how much sunscreen I use? a lot. laugh.gif I finish 100 mL. bottle in a month. (approx 3.75Oz)

Sparty-

Ok, so I will ask for Studio Finish spf 15 concealer. I'm sorry I wasn't clear, but I was wondering how much you pay for your sunscreen and if it leaves a white cast at all? Could you tell me more about the Rimmel tinted moisturiser? How much coverage, the color, and is it more sheer or matte? I noticed a difference between the ones I've tried even though they are only tinted moisturizers...

Thanks again for your make-up knowledge-

cash

I usually spend around 30-40AUD$ for my facial sunscreen each month...(~US$20-30...I guess). Either Clarins kid or Megan Gale invisible zinc...both are quite thick but I have very dry skin so it's no problem with me.

Rimmel moisturizer is a bit too dry for me but for most people, it come out matte. just enough color to even out your skintone.

does anyone know of products for oily skin, i use mineral foundations but i still get oily. i need to know of a moisturiser to use because if i dont use one then i get even oilier. HELP i suffer with mild acne and am on minocin but just stated yesterday

Karla S.

From my experience....your problem comes from your cleanser.

If you use soap or foam cleanser ....they clean all your natural sebum out from your face and your oil reproductive gland will work more and more to reproduce oil for your face.

Change to mild cleanser and use oil-free moisturizer. your problem should subside within 2-3 weeks.

try Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser or other mild non-soap/ no foam cleanser. ok

thank you so much for the reply, i have been using cetaphil cleanser which is recomeded by the derm and i have been using the one for oily skin. do you know of a moisturiser thats good for me. thank you, it seems you know alot about skincare.