Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackblake

The Infamous Coffee

Hey guys

Well i blame a lot of my acne problems on coffee. I have been an avid coffee drinker for a long time. I just love coffee. My parents drink coffee a lot, so our house pretty much always smells of coffee. Well i have stopped drinking it for a long time. Except yesterday, I ordered a coffee from DD because i seriously needed it. I ordered it black, and added my own almond milk and stevia to it. It came out really freakin good. Now i miss it. lol. So i was wondering if there are any kind of coffee that would be safe for someone with acne? Like since caffeine seems to be the main problem, drink decaff? I was thinking of decaffinated black coffee, and mix it with almond milk and stevia. What do you guys think?

Edited by blackblake

It wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Personally I drink four cups of coffee every morning and I have no acne issues. Might just be a person by person thing. I'm also bad with my coffee. I used Hot Chocolate Mix for my sugar and I use Liquid Creamer. But like I said, no acne issues, so I'll just continue to enjoy my coffee. Good Luck in your journey to great coffee!

p.s...if it matters I use Folgers Black Silk, Baileys French Vanilla Creamer and Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mix.

yes that would be a good choice if you HAVE to drink coffee.

i always drank coffe for the caffeine though so i wouldnt see the point in drinking it now.

you should just choose a new drink and start drinking green tea decaf with honey in it. thats way more healthy for you and it could be a good substitue

It wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Personally I drink four cups of coffee every morning and I have no acne issues. Might just be a person by person thing. I'm also bad with my coffee. I used Hot Chocolate Mix for my sugar and I use Liquid Creamer. But like I said, no acne issues, so I'll just continue to enjoy my coffee. Good Luck in your journey to great coffee!

p.s...if it matters I use Folgers Black Silk, Baileys French Vanilla Creamer and Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mix.

baileys french vanilla omg i think i just... that sounds so delicious.. no i must force myself to not go buy it and start drinking coffee again..

Sorry to tease like that. The Baileys Original Irish Cream is better. LOL.

I also agree with the tea route, but I still love my coffee and can't live without it. I think it bring memories for me and I must have it or I'll be very grumpy. People can tell if I haven't had my coffee. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

yeah baileys irish cream you dont even need any sugar or anything extra just coffee and a shot of the creme! delish. i used to serve it at the bar i worked at back in the day.

i totally know what you mean man. i used to never drink coffe then i got hooked on it! i drank it every morning breakfast every night for desert lol then i got acne somewhere inbetween and it was one of the first things i dropped.

Try it. Just know that decaf coffee doesn't mean zero caffeine. It's just reduced caffeine. Even decaf green tea still has some caffeine and we've had people who broke out even from that. And so, there's a thread full of alternatives for someone who really missed the coffee experience. You'll find a link in the drink recipe thread.

And yeah, for most people, a little caffeine is beneficial. Same with a little alcohol. .

Yeah try decaff, I have to drink decaff myself because my anxiety and caffeine do not mix well lol I end up feeling tense and anxious and unwell for many hours later afte having caffeine lol