Notifications
Clear all

How I Cleared My Acne With Otc Stuff

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 03/05/2012 2:38 am

I'll try to keep this short and concise. Ive found the perfect regimen for me...its a mixture of years of trial and error/the countless hours ive spent doing research on acne and different products and regimens. My regimen is a mixture of Dan's regimen and Paulas choice regimen, and its the best of both worlds. I love Dan's regimen, but the regimen I am doing works better (for me) and takes much shorter time to apply.

I hope this helps somebody

Morning:

Wash face with Dan's cleanser

Use Paula's Choice Clear normal strength 2% BHA

Paula's choice normal strength BP (about a quarter size amount)

Olay sensitive skin spf15 with 4-6 drops of jojoba oil

Night:

A pump of Dan's moisturizer with 6-9 drops of jojoba oil

The only waiting I do is after the BP...I wait a few minutes for it to dry before I put the lotion on (it drys really quick though).

My face is clearer than its been in forever, flake free, it takes minutes to apply, and there is almost no risk of my skin getting "used to it"...BP has no bacterial resistance and BHA will always exfoliate. I think the BHA and BP both make each other more effective..its a sweet deal

If anybody has any questions i'll be happy to answer them, otherwise when this post slips into the archives of acne.org I hope somebody stumbles upon it some day in the future!

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 02/12/2013 3:09 pm

I'll try to keep this short and concise. Ive found the perfect regimen for me...its a mixture of years of trial and error/the countless hours ive spent doing research on acne and different products and regimens. My regimen is a mixture of Dan's regimen and Paulas choice regimen, and its the best of both worlds. I love Dan's regimen, but the regimen I am doing works better (for me) and takes much shorter time to apply.

Morning:

Night:

The only waiting I do is after the BP...I wait a few minutes for it to dry before I put the lotion on (it drys really quick though).

My face is clearer than its been in forever, flake free, it takes minutes to apply, and there is almost no risk of my skin getting "used to it"...BP has no bacterial resistance and BHA will always exfoliate. I think the BHA and BP both make each other more effective..its a sweet deal

If anybody has any questions i'll be happy to answer them, otherwise when this post slips into the archives of acne.org I hope somebody stumbles upon it some day in the future!

I know this post is almost a year old, but I found it while searching "Paula's Choice Clear". I just started using the Clear products last night. I am really hopeful that these will be what I've been hoping for! I am 32 years old and although I don't break out all over my face like I did as a teen, I still get stubborn, sometimes cystic, acne on my chin. I've made dietary changes and added supplements, and I'm drinking more water and exercising more...I just need the right skincare products. Are you still having success with this regimen?

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 02/13/2013 3:36 pm

Morning:

Night:

I know this post is almost a year old, but I found it while searching "Paula's Choice Clear". I just started using the Clear products last night. I am really hopeful that these will be what I've been hoping for! I am 32 years old and although I don't break out all over my face like I did as a teen, I still get stubborn, sometimes cystic, acne on my chin. I've made dietary changes and added supplements, and I'm drinking more water and exercising more...I just need the right skincare products. Are you still having success with this regimen?

Okay, this is weird. I haven't logged on this account in weeks (maybe months?) and the first person who replies to my thread has a Jon Kabat-Zinn quote!! That is some crazy stuff...over the past few months I have been getting really into mindful meditation, I even have bought Kabat-Zinn's book and watched a bunch of his videos on youtube.

Anyways, haha, im so glad you found this post!! So, I am still on the basics of this regimen, but I have tweaked it over the months to make it more effective for me. Here is my newer version:

Morning:

Wash face with paula choice's clear cleanser

2% PC Clear BHA toner

2.5% PC benzoyl peroxide

Elta MD AM moisturizer

Elta MD Clear SPF 46

Night:

2% PC Clear BHA toner

2.5% PC benzoyl peroxide

Elta MD PM moisturizer

So, id HIGHLY recommend those elta MD moisturizers and SPF, they are the best things I have used in a longggg time. I think dan's jojoba oil was clogging my pores, because now I have basically no clogged pores or anything. Also, i researched the hell out of the Elta MD products and you would be hard pressed to beat their ingredients for acne prone skin. Also, I like PC CLear cleanser because it has some mild antibacterial action, and since play full contact sports I like the reassurance of it before I begin applying products. However, i'm sure Dan's would work as well.

*notes: the only real "waiting time" is between the benzoyl peroxide and the moisturizer. If I am pressed for time I wait a few minutes, if I have more time I wait as long as I want (5 minutes to an hour...if I get distracted). Depending how rushed I am this takes me 10-20 minutes morning and night. Also, make sure the BP is a very thin layer...your skin will dry out too much if its not.

But yeah, my face is still clear from this. both BP and BHA don't build up any kind of resistance, so i'm not expected to ever have to change regimens again (until I hopefully outgrow acne for good). Anyways, good luck. Let me know if you have any other questions.

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 02/14/2013 8:24 am

Morning:

Night:

Okay, this is weird. I haven't logged on this account in weeks (maybe months?) and the first person who replies to my thread has a Jon Kabat-Zinn quote!! That is some crazy stuff...over the past few months I have been getting really into mindful meditation, I even have bought Kabat-Zinn's book and watched a bunch of his videos on youtube.

Anyways, haha, im so glad you found this post!! So, I am still on the basics of this regimen, but I have tweaked it over the months to make it more effective for me. Here is my newer version:

Morning:

2% PC Clear BHA toner

2.5% PC benzoyl peroxide

Elta MD AM moisturizer

Elta MD Clear SPF 46

Night:

2% PC Clear BHA toner

2.5% PC benzoyl peroxide

Elta MD PM moisturizer

So, id HIGHLY recommend those elta MD moisturizers and SPF, they are the best things I have used in a longggg time. I think dan's jojoba oil was clogging my pores, because now I have basically no clogged pores or anything. Also, i researched the hell out of the Elta MD products and you would be hard pressed to beat their ingredients for acne prone skin. Also, I like PC CLear cleanser because it has some mild antibacterial action, and since play full contact sports I like the reassurance of it before I begin applying products. However, i'm sure Dan's would work as well.

*notes: the only real "waiting time" is between the benzoyl peroxide and the moisturizer. If I am pressed for time I wait a few minutes, if I have more time I wait as long as I want (5 minutes to an hour...if I get distracted). Depending how rushed I am this takes me 10-20 minutes morning and night. Also, make sure the BP is a very thin layer...your skin will dry out too much if its not.

But yeah, my face is still clear from this. both BP and BHA don't build up any kind of resistance, so i'm not expected to ever have to change regimens again (until I hopefully outgrow acne for good). Anyways, good luck. Let me know if you have any other questions.

That's funny 🙂

I'm glad to hear that these products are working for you! Getting clear and staying clear is cause for celebration 🙂 Thanks for the recommendations for the moisturizers and SPF, I'll definitely check them out.