Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jackiechan24

Suppliments while on Tane?

Well I've been taking Flax Oil, 50mg Zinc, 2000mg of Vit C, and 400iu of Vit E. Should I just stop taking all of these suppliments and let Accutane work by itself or is it ok to be taking these?

Well I've been taking Flax Oil, 50mg Zinc, 2000mg of Vit C, and 400iu of Vit E. Should I just stop taking all of these suppliments and let Accutane work by itself or is it ok to be taking these?

Even though I am not taking accutane (yet) I dont agree. The benefits of Flax and fish oils far outweigh the negatives so go off it and then reintroduce it to see If you break out.

Zinc and flax oil can cause breakouts.  I don't see how any of it is beneficial in the way of preventing breakouts, so if thats your concern i'd drop them.

Zinc can raise androgen levels - hence the reason why it may cause breakouts in some people. Of course, your milage may vary.

Zinc can raise androgen levels - hence the reason why it may cause breakouts in some people.  Of course, your milage may vary.

Zinc can raise androgen levels - hence the reason why it may cause breakouts in some people.   Of course, your milage may vary.

Whats the consensus on taking a combination of fish oil and flax seed oil while on accutane?

thanks

I've always been a fan of supplements and of vitamins however, I am not certain that they are helping my case. For about a year, I took a skin/hair/nail supplement from GNC that kept my skin clear. Other than this one brief, nothing else has cleared my skin.

I took collagen several years ago but was probably too young to need it so I didn't see any results.

Today, I am bringing a list of all the vitamins and supplements I swallow daily to my dermatologist to see whether or not I get a bad reaction from it while on Accutane. I'll keep you guys posted.