Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lanks94

Help With Reaching 4000 Calories

Hey everyone, so i am into bodybuilding and i know my diet right now is on par, but the calorie intake is not what i need it to be at. To gain size i need it at 4000-4500 calories. Right now im sitting between 3000-3500 calories.

I will provide my current diet, and also what i am restricted to eating because of my acne.

Restrictions (i have found the following gives me acne):

• Oats, Pasta, White Bread

• Any fruits other than blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries

• ALL dairy (no milk, cheese, yogurt, etc)

• Peanut Butter, Honey, jam, ketchup, etc

• Pizza

• no fast food except subway

This is just what comes to mind, you may have suggestions that i just forgot to put on my restrictions list, but please list anything.

Current diet:

Breakfast:

4 Large Eggs

4 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread

500mL of water

Meal 2:

2 Sandwhiches (4 slices whole wheat bread)

Either (now it varies depending on what i want to eat) - 2 Cans of Salmon, 2 Cans of Tuna, or 4 eggs made into omelettes

Meal 3:

1 ish cup of blueberries

1-2 cups of strawberries

Meal 4:

Container of beef stew ( sometimes ill make brown rice with it, but not usually if im taking it to school)

Meal 5:

Wild Salmon Fillet (i season it and bake in the oven) or Beef Stew, or Shake and Bake Chicken, or Steaks. Really this is my dinner so anything goes

Depending on what we eat, will have 2-3 cups of broccoli with it

After the gym

Meal 6:

Smoothie

Made in 16oz. of water

1 cup of mixed berries

1 handful of broccoli

1 scoop of protein powder

Eggs or Eggwhites

Hey everyone, so i am into bodybuilding and i know my diet right now is on par, but the calorie intake is not what i need it to be at. To gain size i need it at 4000-4500 calories. Right now im sitting between 3000-3500 calories.

I will provide my current diet, and also what i am restricted to eating because of my acne.

Restrictions (i have found the following gives me acne):

• Oats, Pasta, White Bread

• Any fruits other than blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries

• ALL dairy (no milk, cheese, yogurt, etc)

• Peanut Butter, Honey, jam, ketchup, etc

• Pizza

• no fast food except subway

This is just what comes to mind, you may have suggestions that i just forgot to put on my restrictions list, but please list anything.

Current diet:

Breakfast:

4 Large Eggs

4 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread

500mL of water

Meal 2:

2 Sandwhiches (4 slices whole wheat bread)

Either (now it varies depending on what i want to eat) - 2 Cans of Salmon, 2 Cans of Tuna, or 4 eggs made into omelettes

Meal 3:

1 ish cup of blueberries

1-2 cups of strawberries

Meal 4:

Container of beef stew ( sometimes ill make brown rice with it, but not usually if im taking it to school)

Meal 5:

Wild Salmon Fillet (i season it and bake in the oven) or Beef Stew, or Shake and Bake Chicken, or Steaks. Really this is my dinner so anything goes

Depending on what we eat, will have 2-3 cups of broccoli with it

After the gym

Meal 6:

Smoothie

Made in 16oz. of water

1 cup of mixed berries

1 handful of broccoli

1 scoop of protein powder

Eggs or Eggwhites

olive oil-150 ish calories per tbsp! sweet potatoes, oatmeal, regular potatoes, rice, umm almond milk maybe? honestly i eat everything, my skin sucks no matter what. need help with training let me know

whole wheat bread is a lot worse for acne then oats, of all the things that would be causing you acne it would most likely be wheat, dairy, and soy.

That being said I am a young guy and did the same thing as you eating multiple times a day trying to eat a lot. For me I said screw that all that food made eating a chore and I felt tired all the time from always being full. Look at guys in jail. They eat literally nothing and can get huge, why? Because they actually put in the work to get that big. Train hard, 5x5 is a great routine. Last summer I went from squatting 155 to 255, stopped at 255 because I have no desire to lift crazy high weights, I'm only 160lbs but with no fat, and I like that, I don't want to be a really big dude. I'm benching 225 for reps now too, 5x5 will get you there. Since your into weight lifting im assuming you know what im talking about with 5x5 routines.

As for the healthy high calorie foods, sweet potatoes! I have 3 a day, big ones. For me I just snack on fruit and what not through the day will also have a good power shake I make with chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax meal, cacao, banana, dried fruit, squeezed lemon, coconut flour and ice, comes out thick I eat it with a spoon. Then have one big dinner, that's all. I train hard and I enjoy this way a ton more. I take an enzyme before the big meal and drink some water/acv. That big meal I eat is half dozen eggs, 3 sweet potatoes, couple tbl of olive oil, couple tbl of shredded coconut, organic sauce, cut up veggies like celery, cucumber, broccoli, throw on some organic salad mix spices, it's good stuff haha. Comes out to something like 2500 calories.

Wow 4000 calories?! I have trouble reaching 2000 most days!

What type of peanut butter have you tried? Processed peanut butter is way different than natural peanut butter.

Hummus also has tons of calories and isn't very filling. This is partly from the chickpeas but especially from the tahini. Tahini has a lot of fat, but it's good fat. Nuts and seeds in general have a lot of calories, so even just munching some almonds throughout the day should pack on some calories.

You could also try adding brown rice to your fish meals.

Wow 4000 calories?! I have trouble reaching 2000 most days!

What type of peanut butter have you tried? Processed peanut butter is way different than natural peanut butter.

Hummus also has tons of calories and isn't very filling. This is partly from the chickpeas but especially from the tahini. Tahini has a lot of fat, but it's good fat. Nuts and seeds in general have a lot of calories, so even just munching some almonds throughout the day should pack on some calories.

You could also try adding brown rice to your fish meals.

Agreed! Just 1/4 cup of almonds has over 200 calories. But even though natural peanut butter is sooooo much better than processed, some people have issues with peanuts making acne worse.

Avocados are great too.

You also have to consider WHERE your food is coming from. Like what chickens eat can make a HUGE difference in the nutritional value of the eggs they produce. Grass-fed beef is much better than grain fed beef. Try to eat fruits and veggies that are locally grown and in season. You might also want to avoid gluten. Quinoa is an excellent addition to any diet and it's a complete protein. 1 tablespoon Caviar has the omega-3 or 1,000mg of fish oil. Raw, gluten free oats are good too.

Your intolerances don't match up well. And then you include them in your meal plan.

To be honest man, I used to try and get a ton of calories a day like yourself. It may create a buffer zone so you're sure you're gaining weight, but overall it will just make you fatter. It's not necessary. Unless you're super active on a daily basis (and that's OUTSIDE the gym) then you shouldn't need much more than 3k calories. Thehoper has some good tips up there.

On workout days I eat lots of fruit, starchy carbs (veggies, oats, sweet potato, quinoa/brown rice pasta), kefir/whey protein, lean chicken with rice. Eggs are good for dinner. That right there will have you hitting your level easy and simple. Also don't listen to people who only suggest high fat foods as high calorie foods. Yes they may be healthy but no they are not preferred on workout days (rest days are cool).

Quinoa is my latest find for helping gain weight. It's low-GI, so it won't break you out, and it's high in protein, carbs, and fiber. Very versatile; you can use it anywhere you would use coucous and a lot of places you would use rice.