Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jonjones

What Cleared My Acne For Good..

Recommended Posts

I've had bad acne since I was about 16 (I'm 21). I've tried all of it, creams, scrubs you name it. Lately, probably the past couble of years my acne started to get even worse. I'm talking big cysts, huge pimples small pimples all over my face. Being how old I was, I knew there had to be something I was doing wrong, it just didn't make sense why I was still getting it.

One weekend I went to my parents house and drank a lot of milk. Fastword two days from then, probably had the biggest cyst ever on my face. Being that it was my only deviance from my regular diet, it got me thinking, was dairy causing my acne?

So I started playing with my diet to see what would happen. When I went a day with a little bit of dairy, I'd have a couple of small zits on my face the next day. Subsequently, the more dairy I would consume in a day, the more severe and frequent the acne would become. About two months ago, I cut out dairy completely (Everything: Milk, cheese, yogurt etc.) and my face is 100% acne free.

I know that a lot of dermatologists say theres no link but I don't know how else to explain it. It just worked for me.

I encourage every one of you to give this a shot. I know I went through a lot of issues with my acne, so I hope this helps some of you. Just give it a couple days-one week to see results.

Edited by jonjones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats awesome that you cleared your acne. but just to let you know there are more than 1 million forums already about eliminating dairy as the very first step in a hollistic approach so everyone on this org knows to eliminate dairy.. it great that it worked for you though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wanting to try this for a while but cutting out dairy from my diet is pretty much impossible. I'm glad it worked for you though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had dairy in over 2 years, and it helped a lot, but it didn't cure me. Though that's the number 1 thing for acne suffers to do, is cut out dairy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't that be great, if all we had to do was cut out dairy and be magically acne free forever...anyone with real acne knows it's for life. Might as well start the accutane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't that be great, if all we had to do was cut out dairy and be magically acne free forever...anyone with real acne knows it's for life. Might as well start the accutane

Did you even try it? Dairy wreaks havoc on hormones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had bad acne since I was about 16 (I'm 21). I've tried all of it, creams, scrubs you name it. Lately, probably the past couble of years my acne started to get even worse. I'm talking big cysts, huge pimples small pimples all over my face. Being how old I was, I knew there had to be something I was doing wrong, it just didn't make sense why I was still getting it.

One weekend I went to my parents house and drank a lot of milk. Fastword two days from then, probably had the biggest cyst ever on my face. Being that it was my only deviance from my regular diet, it got me thinking, was dairy causing my acne?

So I started playing with my diet to see what would happen. When I went a day with a little bit of dairy, I'd have a couple of small zits on my face the next day. Subsequently, the more dairy I would consume in a day, the more severe and frequent the acne would become. About two months ago, I cut out dairy completely (Everything: Milk, cheese, yogurt etc.) and my face is 100% acne free.

I know that a lot of dermatologists say theres no link but I don't know how else to explain it. It just worked for me.

I encourage every one of you to give this a shot. I know I went through a lot of issues with my acne, so I hope this helps some of you. Just give it a couple days-one week to see results.

awesome jon@!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only hope with this post was to maybe spur a couple other people to try it, as I had never even thought about it. Sorry for not looking through other similar threads, I've only been on this site a few times and never really got the chance to look through everything.

I don't think its fair to say I'm not (or wasn't) a real acne sufferer, I've seen the worst of it in my years. I think everyone can find some relief eventually, they just have to figure out the main cause behind the acne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey jonjones, I've cut out diary too some month ago, and my skin has improved a lot! It's almost clear, except for a couple of small pimples. I hardly get any new painful big under the skin ones now, and when I have a painful one, it's gone pretty fast (it used to take days to go away)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've cut it out for a month, and it's hard to say whether it made a difference, but it most likely did. It was probably me searching for flawless skin that blinded me from the truth. I don't think a month was long enough to see substantial results, however. It is hard to do, but it's not as hard as eliminating gluten, I do believe eating cheese makes my skin's appearance worse, though, so perhaps longer elimination would benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your post! I agree that some ppl took it the wrong way but i appreciate you posting your success and personally I never realized that this could be my problem! I'm going to give it a try and be more concious of this even though it will suck because I live for pizza and milk with cookies :/. But having clear skin is worth it. Soooo, DAY 1, no dairy! Let's see how this goes ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess all of us are surely different. I think Dairy mostly affects your acne IF you are intolerant to it. I don't see myself breaking out from dairy at all actually.

However, Eating McDonalds or Junkfood definitely gives me breakouts the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think it may have more to do with leaky gut and undigested milk proteins disrupting the sebaceous gland, that could be a universal explanation to why even nuts make acne worse due to lectins that mess with zag enzyme as well, reference- dr loren cordain.

its from years of processed food without fiber, and general susceptability to acne as well. but milk is only a contributer and not a cause of acne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need a cure not to idenify something and avoid it for the rest of my life. that's just not living

Your body produces its own cure for acne, but if you're poisoning the body with dairy, gluten, fast food, or some other trigger, how can you expect it to administer?

It's not hard to avoid these triggers. Follow the 80/20 rule: Be good to your body 80% of the time, and then do and eat whatever the heck you want the other 20%. So go healthy 5 days a week, and be bad 2 days a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need a cure not to idenify something and avoid it for the rest of my life. that's just not living

Your body produces its own cure for acne, but if you're poisoning the body with dairy, gluten, fast food, or some other trigger, how can you expect it to administer?

It's not hard to avoid these triggers. Follow the 80/20 rule: Be good to your body 80% of the time, and then do and eat whatever the heck you want the other 20%. So go healthy 5 days a week, and be bad 2 days a week.

so are you telling me if i stay away from those trigger food for awhile, my body will develop a cure? have it happen for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cut out dairy and it made my acne like 75% better, but masturbation will cause similar acne. so u need to cut out both to make it really work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need a cure not to idenify something and avoid it for the rest of my life. that's just not living

You need more than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need a cure not to idenify something and avoid it for the rest of my life. that's just not living

1) you aren't going to get a cure. You might find that taking lactase tablets, sticking only to fermented dairy or goat dairy or something like that is more tolerable.

2) not being able to guzzle milk means not living????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need a cure not to idenify something and avoid it for the rest of my life. that's just not living

1) you aren't going to get a cure. You might find that taking lactase tablets, sticking only to fermented dairy or goat dairy or something like that is more tolerable.

2) not being able to guzzle milk means not living????

i have a wheat, milk chocolate and process food intolerance. wheat should account for 50% what i eat a day and the rest should acount for 25%. that means i have to nitpick at everything i eat and if i ever go out i have to choose a resturant that fits me. that requires me to learn how to cook my own food and explain to my friends that i have a food intolerance and we can't go to some places

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need a cure not to idenify something and avoid it for the rest of my life. that's just not living

You don't have to cut it out for the rest of your life, I heard you can eat dairy again once your gut is healed or your homones are in check again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need a cure not to idenify something and avoid it for the rest of my life. that's just not living

You don't have to cut it out for the rest of your life, I heard you can eat dairy again once your gut is healed or your homones are in check again

Maybe. that depends on the nature of the intolerance. If you don't make lactose, you won't start even after your gut heals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need a cure not to idenify something and avoid it for the rest of my life. that's just not living

Your body produces its own cure for acne, but if you're poisoning the body with dairy, gluten, fast food, or some other trigger, how can you expect it to administer?

It's not hard to avoid these triggers. Follow the 80/20 rule: Be good to your body 80% of the time, and then do and eat whatever the heck you want the other 20%. So go healthy 5 days a week, and be bad 2 days a week.

so are you telling me if i stay away from those trigger food for awhile, my body will develop a cure? have it happen for you?

Yes, that's pretty much how it is. ;) By eating those trigger foods you're preventing your body from healing itself because you're attacking it with the foods that are causing the problem to begin with. As an example: Would you heal a scab by constantly picking it off? No. If you pick at a scab you're just going to open the wound back up. It's going to bleed everywhere and scab over again. But if you leave the scab alone for a while, it will fall off on its own and heal by itself.

If you avoid gluten and dairy for a good month or two, maybe even just a few weeks, you may be lucky enough to be able to eat junk food in moderation without experiencing breakouts. If you're lucky. ;) Just gotta give your digestive system a chance to heal itself back up for a little while. When Im at parties with my friends, I'll go on a junkfood frenzy. But when Im not with my friends, I follow a strictly healthy lifestyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need a cure not to idenify something and avoid it for the rest of my life. that's just not living

Your body produces its own cure for acne, but if you're poisoning the body with dairy, gluten, fast food, or some other trigger, how can you expect it to administer?

It's not hard to avoid these triggers. Follow the 80/20 rule: Be good to your body 80% of the time, and then do and eat whatever the heck you want the other 20%. So go healthy 5 days a week, and be bad 2 days a week.

so are you telling me if i stay away from those trigger food for awhile, my body will develop a cure? have it happen for you?

Yes, that's pretty much how it is. wink.png By eating those trigger foods you're preventing your body from healing itself because you're attacking it with the foods that are causing the problem to begin with. As an example: Would you heal a scab by constantly picking it off? No. If you pick at a scab you're just going to open the wound back up. It's going to bleed everywhere and scab over again. But if you leave the scab alone for a while, it will fall off on its own and heal by itself.

If you avoid gluten and dairy for a good month or two, maybe even just a few weeks, you may be lucky enough to be able to eat junk food in moderation without experiencing breakouts. If you're lucky. wink.png Just gotta give your digestive system a chance to heal itself back up for a little while. When Im at parties with my friends, I'll go on a junkfood frenzy. But when Im not with my friends, I follow a strictly healthy lifestyle.

it is a relief i don't have to do this for the rest of my life. i drink veggie smoothies twice a day. i try to stay away from my trigger foods. once in awhile i'll test a snack to see if i can tolerate it and more times than not it'll flare up again. I've been doing this for the last 2 years, probably on and off. I have lapse inbetween. I haven't gone out to eat in awhile cuz my friends love fast and junkfoods. i envy whoever got their symptoms down in a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×