Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ohsailor

Frizzy Hair Nightmare!

Hi everyone!

My hair is quite thick and naturally straight, with a slight wave to it.

I wash, condition and straighten my hair every day otherwise it will look greasy.

I like my hair to look like it has volume so I don't use products (I don't even use heat protection spray! saywhat.gif ) because I find that it weighs my hair down and it will look lanky/greasy.

My hair is fine and I have a tendency have static hair and lots of flyaway hairs (it often looks like I have a halo of hair sticking up round my head!)

Can anyone recommend anything I can do to my hair or products to use that will combat the flyaways without dragging my hair down and losing volume? (I live in the UK)

Thanks all

Thermal styling your hair with any product is like spending all day on the beach without sunscreen. You're asking for trouble. And your probably don't need to wash your hair every single day. Get a dry shampoo and lay off the heat.

I've been using Lee Stafford products and they are fantastic. I have curly hair, but I use the dehumidifying spray, dry shampoo and flat iron mist and my hair stays soft and shiny all day. It also smells really nice. Just wish I'd started using them before I had a keratin treatment done - that cost $300 and did nothing for my hair, but the set of three Lee Stafford products cost me $30 and I am in love with them. :) Plus, they all come in pink bottles... and I'm hideously girly, pink is my favourite colour, so I dig it.

OMG! I have the exact same type of hair!

I use Tresemme Smooth and Silky Shampoo and Conditioner (I don't know if it's in the UK, but I think so).

Got Walmart?

It works pretty well for me...no dratted fly-aways any more :)

I remember the frizzy nightmare, so thats why I ended up getting a short cut. Much easier to deal with and no longer need to use all that frizz gel crap which really never worked anyway.