Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

Acne is almost gone, but self-esteem is f*cked

I always told myself that I can be fun and outgoing again when I find a way to keep acne to a minimum, because then I will be confident. Now it's almost gone, but the confidence is not coming back. Just the fear that if i do something wrong, like miss a dose of medication or eat the wrong kind of food, it will come back. When I was 13-14, I had a very good social life, a GF, and my acne was worse than it is now! Now I'm almost 20, and I realized that I have no idea how to interact with a lot of people. I have to learn the same things that others my age have learned over the period of 7 years.

The confidence will come back, you just need to get yourself out there and start living, that's the only way. I know the feeling of being scared of more breakouts, but try and focus on the now and not tomorrow. Just do what you can now knowing that your skin is good, and think 'there's nothing to hold me back anymore'.

I always told myself that I can be fun and outgoing again when I find a way to keep acne to a minimum, because then I will be confident. Now it's almost gone, but the confidence is not coming back. Just the fear that if i do something wrong, like miss a dose of medication or eat the wrong kind of food, it will come back. When I was 13-14, I had a very good social life, a GF, and my acne was worse than it is now! Now I'm almost 20, and I realized that I have no idea how to interact with a lot of people. I have to learn the same things that others my age have learned over the period of 7 years.

On the other hand, I know a guy who has an extreme case of acne, and he's confident, has lots of friends, girls love him. What's the deal? huh.gif

i know this feeling it can be between weeks too during periods of your face clearing up. i shy away from girls mainly when i have a bad breakout and when it starts to clear up i can hold my head up for awhile, but what you are really trying to stray from is the feeling of rejection which for some can be the hardest thing to overcome. hey your a person too, so head up and show the world who you are.

Guest Zitro

for everyone : sometimes girls don't care about acne, maybe you don't attract many because of lack of confidence/happiness. Believe you are a hot piece of *** and start flirting. that works.

Teplo : obviously you learned in 7 years, you had friends to talk to at school, right?

Lack of confidence really prevented me from going to many parties, now I need to take dancing lessons!!

I say this again : "don't let yourself be your worst enemy!"

guys , take it from a girl, attitude is way more important than a little acne. be confident, cool, funny, the girls will come running. (you guys have prob read this) but the guy i like has moderate acne. mine's real mild. but he makes me laugh, has this great i am the king of the world but not in a too conceited way kind of an attitude, is friendly to everyone regardless of looks, is fun to be around, and is sexy as hell! gorgeous, sexy smoldering eyes and a colgate smile. he lacks confidence in the girl department which is baffling and kinda makes me think maybe all the confidence in everday life is just an act, he gets nervous and shy around girls that like him, he's a little thick (not fat) and has the acne, maybe that's why. anyway he has a girlfriend that treats him like dog shit, and it's sad cause i think that's all he thinks he can get or keep in a girl.

know that you are worth a great, fun loving chica, who makes you weak with her love, not with her hate.

believe me she's just as shy as you and most girls like when a guy makes the first move. if we take a chance of being rejected by making lots of eye contact, lightly touching you, laughing at your corny jokes, etc, good chance we are interested. if the chemistry is there go for it. maybe she'll say yes, maybe she'll say no, anyway you're not getting any younger so live it up! these are the funnest years of your lives.

or maybe i'm just a crazy old lady... smile.gif

agreed, however, it took me a while to realize this as well

lol, its funny because my current gf told me that her and her friends used to stare at me all the time back in HS, when my acne was far worse than it is now...

i found this quite interesting...

you might have to fake it at first, act if you know what i mean. sit back and observe, what do the guys that get all the girls have that you don't? watch and learn. the guy that's always invited to all the cool parties? again watch and learn. i guarantee you they are not the sexiest hunks of man alive, the got it. it meaning a great attitude and character, charisma.

people treat you the way you expect to be treated. not always, but the majority of the time. some people are idiots. smile.gif

but once you learn how to be cool, you won't have to work at it anymore, you will just be cool. that's the best.

also you will have once huge chance when you go to college, noone knows anything about who or what you used to be.

but you can change this around even in high school...Best of luck... smile.gif

my social life and the way i interact with ppl has been so f##ked up since about 14 onwards. i'm now nearly 23. there is no way i can just skip all those years experience and regain self-confidence... even when i get clear.

i think the best thing to do is just to realise everyone is different and move on. dwelling on the past, or lack of, and getting depressed doesn't help.

anyway... i'm off to try and take my own advice - but i doubt i will.

best wishes,

TIM

lol, i did read that after, sorry..what kind of girls are we talking about. girls that have had too much to drink. hey in all honesty girls get horny too. you gotta have some confidence, girls like to think they came up too. really at a party, what kind of relationship are we ultimately talking about. these guys that treat the girls like a piece of ass, do they end up with a one night stand or an actual relationship. aren't parties pretty much hook up places? are you looking for a real girlfriend or just a piece of ass like everyone else. maybe a little of both. gotta change your approach depending on what you're after. there are girls that just want a night of fun and if your too sweet they might think you'll start calling them and stuff and fall in love and that's like eww that's not what i'm came to a party for, you know?

but if you are really looking for a grown up realtionship, you might want to try other places than just frat parties, like the library, ask a smart but cute girl for some help, you never know where it will lead. one trick girls use if the i need help one, it works everytime! good luck!

I'm in somewhat the same situation as you. I just moved to a new country, a totally new environment where I don't have my friends around. I spent about a year in near isolation. I seem to be detached from society and I just lack the communication skills.

What's more although I consider myself good at other languages, I couldn't express myself properly in my own mother-tongue.