Notifications
Clear all

Any One Currently On Doxycycline?

MemberMember
(@dreamingofclearskin2011)

Posted : 02/28/2012 10:52 pm

hey guys i was prescribed doxy today just started today and wanted to know if any one was on it recently right now taking it.

i use finacea gel as a topical(3weeks) so if i get any breakout i am blaming it on doxy.

let me know if any one out there is just starting or still on it! thanks guys i dont want to be alone!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/28/2012 11:02 pm

Hi there (: im currently on doxycycline and have used it in the past. It works great as long as you follow the no having calcium within an hour of swallowing doxycycline. Good luck(:

MemberMember

Posted : 02/28/2012 11:08 pm

thanks for the quick reply bro! how long have you been taking it? (second round) and how long were you on it first round?

yes i read through the pamphlet quite thoroughly i dont ever eat dairy so im good there. i am going to take my zinc pill away from 2 hours of the doxy, and im not sure about the other clacium and iron though.. i ate subway and zaxbys today before my pills. i have no idea if theres iron or calcium in either of my meals? any ways i had another question my appt was around noon and the doc told me i could take my pills starting after lunch and then dinner should i keep this time frame from no on? lunch and dinner versus breakfast and dinner? i sometimes dont eat breakfast so it might be easier for me to maintian this schedule. also i dont really have much inflamed acne.. i have mainly redmarks and what i called (patches of bumps.. flat raised bumps together in a pack) they arent like singular pimples its weird but annoying because they usually stay for a very long time.. do you think doxy will help with these? thanks again bro!

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 02/29/2012 1:17 am

I found this a few days ago, so I might as well post it here too. The ingredients in doxycycline: http://www.rxlist.com/doryx-drug.htm

Inert ingredients in the capsule formulation are: lactose; microcrystalline cellulose; povidone; starch wheat; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating. The capsule shell and/or band contains FD and C blue No.1; FD and C yellow No. 6; D and C yellow No.10; gelatin, silicon dioxide; sodium lauryl sulfate; titanium dioxide.

Antibiotics are not the answer. Pills in general are bad for you, http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/311580-every-pill-is-toxic/page__fromsearch__1 , but antibiotics are especially bad because in addition to killing your good bacteria, they contain allergens like lactose and wheat starch. They also contain magnesium stearate, an ingredient in most pills, that suppresses your immune system by attacking your white blood cells. In the link I explain that manufacturers just put whatever they want in pills as long as the pills have the "active ingredient".

And doxycycline completely screwed up my body. I used it for 6 months 2 years ago, and it made my ears ring after 4 months. My ears are still ringing as I'm typing this. 2 years later. I also have problems with insomnia and heat/cold intolerances because of antibiotics.

There's a reason you need a doctor's permission to use prescriptions. Prescriptions harm your body. Stop looking for a shortcut for your acne. The only shortcuts that work for acne are unhealthy.

MemberMember

Posted : 02/29/2012 10:53 am

I found this a few days ago, so I might as well post it here too. The ingredients in doxycycline: http://www.rxlist.com/doryx-drug.htm

Inert ingredients in the capsule formulation are: lactose; microcrystalline cellulose; povidone; starch wheat; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating. The capsule shell and/or band contains FD and C blue No.1; FD and C yellow No. 6; D and C yellow No.10; gelatin, silicon dioxide; sodium lauryl sulfate; titanium dioxide.

Antibiotics are not the answer. Pills in general are bad for you, http://www.acne.org/...__fromsearch__1 , but antibiotics are especially bad because in addition to killing your good bacteria, they contain allergens like lactose and wheat starch. They also contain magnesium stearate, an ingredient in most pills, that suppresses your immune system by attacking your white blood cells. In the link I explain that manufacturers just put whatever they want in pills as long as the pills have the "active ingredient".

And doxycycline completely screwed up my body. I used it for 6 months 2 years ago, and it made my ears ring after 4 months. My ears are still ringing as I'm typing this. 2 years later. I also have problems with insomnia and heat/cold intolerances because of antibiotics.

There's a reason you need a doctor's permission to use prescriptions. Prescriptions harm your body. Stop looking for a shortcut for your acne. The only shortcuts that work for acne are unhealthy.

well good thing i got the tablets. not the capsules. i got the sall round orange tablets and specifically asked for them. DAN 5553(round) see if you can find some info for me on those because those ingredients definately sound strange and i wouldnt want them in my body. also i wasnt looking for a shortcut ive bascially got rid of 70% of the acne i used to have jjust by eating healthy and finding a good cleanser. but the other 25% are raised bumps that stay and linger for weeks and never go away. i mainly just have redmarks now but i told the doc i wanted something to get rid of these last strugglers that do not go away and he suggested doxy after i told him my situation. also i dont seem to be having any of the syptons like upset stomach or headaches or anything after the first 2 days ive been on it.. this morning all i ate was a little bit of 100% oats with water and took the pill and no problem. im thinking of taking them on an empty stomache to make sure i completely have the calcium iron dairy ect out of the system while taking them to make them work better. and im planning on taking a probiotic i saw one for 11 bucks at my pharmacy that had 1 billion cfu in each capsule. so hopefully that will help as well. as for the ringing... thats a huge no no i can not have that because i am a musician and i listen to other instruments in my headphones as i play for my monitor so i would really not like that happening.. that sucks it happened for you but everybody is different. i hope your ears and face get better soon bro.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 02/29/2012 12:50 pm

Hey, I'm currently using Doxy! I've been taking it twice a day for about a month and half now. It's been working really well in conjunction with Epiduo. My skin is completely clear right now, my only problem is PIH which is gradually fading.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 02/29/2012 5:55 pm

Antibiotics are not the answer. Pills in general are bad for you, http://www.acne.org/...__fromsearch__1 , but antibiotics are especially bad because in addition to killing your good bacteria, they contain allergens like lactose and wheat starch. They also contain magnesium stearate, an ingredient in most pills, that suppresses your immune system by attacking your white blood cells. In the link I explain that manufacturers just put whatever they want in pills as long as the pills have the "active ingredient".

well good thing i got the tablets. not the capsules. i got the sall round orange tablets and specifically asked for them. DAN 5553(round) see if you can find some info for me on those because those ingredients definately sound strange and i wouldnt want them in my body. also i wasnt looking for a shortcut ive bascially got rid of 70% of the acne i used to have jjust by eating healthy and finding a good cleanser. but the other 25% are raised bumps that stay and linger for weeks and never go away. i mainly just have redmarks now but i told the doc i wanted something to get rid of these last strugglers that do not go away and he suggested doxy after i told him my situation. also i dont seem to be having any of the syptons like upset stomach or headaches or anything after the first 2 days ive been on it.. this morning all i ate was a little bit of 100% oats with water and took the pill and no problem. im thinking of taking them on an empty stomache to make sure i completely have the calcium iron dairy ect out of the system while taking them to make them work better. and im planning on taking a probiotic i saw one for 11 bucks at my pharmacy that had 1 billion cfu in each capsule. so hopefully that will help as well. as for the ringing... thats a huge no no i can not have that because i am a musician and i listen to other instruments in my headphones as i play for my monitor so i would really not like that happening.. that sucks it happened for you but everybody is different. i hope your ears and face get better soon bro.

It's not a good thing you got the tablets. The whole point of my post is that EVERY pill, whether a capsule, tablet, gelcap, caplet, and every other kind, contains harmful ingredients, especially prescription pills. I don't have time to do research for you, so if you want to know the ingredients in your specific pill, look them up yourself.

It looks like no one cares how bad antibiotics are and they will keep using them anyway. All I can say is that when I told my doctor about the ringing in my ears, he wasn't surprised at all, and he said other people got that too. I've provided you guys with the information you need to decide if you want to take antibiotics or not. I've done my part. Now you are responsible for any damage you do to yourselves.

MemberMember

Posted : 02/29/2012 11:22 pm

Hey, I'm currently using Doxy! I've been taking it twice a day for about a month and half now. It's been working really well in conjunction with Epiduo. My skin is completely clear right now, my only problem is PIH which is gradually fading.

do you take it with food? also how has your skin been under the sun while taking this antibiotic? i want to go to the beach and get tan...

MemberMember
(@purplemagpie)

Posted : 04/04/2012 1:22 pm

I've just stopped taking Doxycycline after about 8 months, but not because it wasn't working. I'm going away to Oz and then America next week and unfortunatly, the Doxy did make my skin even more sensitive to the sun than it was already. I burn easily anyway but found over last summer that even when I'd applied a higher than normal factor suncream I'd still burn even after only a short amount of sun exposure.

I daresay if you'd normally be ok in the sun you may not find it as bad as me but if you're fair skinned anyway it's something to think about when you're on holiday.

I used to take my Doxy tabs (1 x 100mg) at lunchtimes. If I ever took it without food I'd get an irritated stomach for an hour or two afterwards. I'd not been advised against dairy whilst taking it either. The doc actually had said that it doesn't affect it like it affects Oxytetracycline and others in the same group. Nothing on the leaflet in my Doxy packs says you cant have dairy, and I'd often have a Latte within an hour of taking the Doxy which obviously hadn't reduced its effect.

I've got a Clindamycin solution for the moment whilst I'm away and for a couple of months after I get back. Might pick up some ProActiv when I am on my way back from America though as I've used that before with good results. (The American formula rather than the British!)

Good luck with the Doxy though.

MemberMember

Posted : 04/04/2012 9:30 pm

well ive been on doxy for over a month completely taken on empty stomach and yes my papers for the prescription clearly say "no calcium or iron or any other vitamins taken within 2 hours" and doxy STILL has not done anything for me. i still get pimples all the time and its really really pissing me off. ps the reviews on here for proactive are terrible.

MemberMember
(@vaguepretension)

Posted : 04/15/2012 9:48 pm

i'm currently on doxy and I'm not seeing much of a difference but I don't know because I am using it with a bunch of other medications. Good luck

MemberMember
(@bean777)

Posted : 01/12/2013 11:10 pm

thanks for the quick reply bro! how long have you been taking it? (second round) and how long were you on it first round?

yes i read through the pamphlet quite thoroughly i dont ever eat dairy so im good there. i am going to take my zinc pill away from 2 hours of the doxy, and im not sure about the other clacium and iron though.. i ate subway and zaxbys today before my pills. i have no idea if theres iron or calcium in either of my meals? any ways i had another question my appt was around noon and the doc told me i could take my pills starting after lunch and then dinner should i keep this time frame from no on? lunch and dinner versus breakfast and dinner? i sometimes dont eat breakfast so it might be easier for me to maintian this schedule. also i dont really have much inflamed acne.. i have mainly redmarks and what i called (patches of bumps.. flat raised bumps together in a pack) they arent like singular pimples its weird but annoying because they usually stay for a very long time.. do you think doxy will help with these? thanks again bro!

i know this post is older but oh well...My pill bottle specifically says to take on empty stomach right before bed. I've made the mistake of taking it too early and it does make me nauseous for a good hour or two. other than that its working. but i also use an erythromiycin topical gel as well for the random break outs. the reason why your face does break out though while taking the doxy is because it basically pulls all the stuff out of your face while treating all the other things and until its completely under control then your face will continue to break out. make sure you wash your face daily and moisturize you skin as well even if you may have oily skin, because if you don't your skin will continue to over compensate for thinking your skin is dried out.

on another note stay away from the gritty facial washes just get a simple one that gets the job done, because if you have acne the grittiness scrapes your skin and spreads the bacteria you already have from your acne around your face and causes more acne as well.

hope your face has cleared up by now or you have it under control :))