Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is mainly for guys who don't have a clue about cosmetic. I just try to keep it simple, ok.

purpose of using cosmetics for guy---> to hide small blemish, red marks and make your skin look clean. If you have active cystic or large inflammed acnes, it is better to leave them alone.

The most important thing: Color of your foundation and concealer MUST match your skin color

Concealer. CLICK to view photo

Use for: hiding baggy eyes, pimples, and other blemishes in small area

How to pick: liquid and tube are light weight and have less stay power. Suit normal to dry skin.

Cream and stick are thicker and stay longer suit normal to oily skin (because it cling to your skin and won't slip as easily as light weight concealer.

Foundation. CLICK to view photo

Use for: goes on all over your face to make it looks uniform and smooth.

How to pick: oil-based for dry skin, oil-free for oily skin, and water-based for combination skin

Powder CLICK to view photo

Use for: 'set' your foundation or concealer. Or just use on it's own to help keep your face looking fresh

How to pick: 2 choice. Translucent powder (usually white or light color) loose or pressed powder (with color) you have to choose the one that match your skin color.

Tip for guy: choose the one WITHOUT shimmer

Powder Bronzer CLICK to view photo

Use for: When apply correctly...you face will look tan and healthy

How to pick: pick the one WITHOUT shimmer. Otherwise your tan will look fake.

Recommended brands: (I have to recommend bronzer because non-shimmer bronzers are quite hard to find.)

-Dior

-Studio5ive

-Jean Paul Gaultier

-BeneFit

-Clarins

Sparty, in your opinion, what would you recommend a guy who has very fair complexion (Scandinavian) to use? What about JPG? I have a friend who can get it for me for free, but I am afraid it will break me out...THanks

Sparty, in your opinion, what would you recommend a guy who has very fair complexion (Scandinavian) to use? What about JPG? I have a friend who can get it for me for free, but I am afraid it will break me out...THanks

It's way to hard to find a make up to match your skin perfectly sad.gif You will probably find yourself wasting money because the color you picked out didnt look right. The only way to really tell if it's your color is to be out in natural sun... Inless you can find an ouside make up store the task may be hard. I suggest going to your local make up / skin care counter at the mall.. The workers there will help you pick out products and even apply it for you the right way biggrin.gif good luck. Just make sure you don't end up looking like a powder puff.

That's exactly right.

I gave up buying foundation from drugstore long time ago. Lipstick, blush, eyeshadow I can use cheap or expensive it doesn't matter. When it comes to foundation....I prefer departmentstore only. (cause I can try and test them before I buy)

It isn't that hard to find the color for you. I'm not selling any product, but I am quite happy with my MaryKay color. I went to a free counseling at my consultant's house and tried several colors in several lights (including outdoors and even fluorescent) I bought the best all-round one. If your skin color changes often, you have to do it again...mine doesn't fortunately for me...rambling...

Is it that difficult to find foundation and concealer that match your skin perfectly? ...not it is not....

But for first time user or a guy who has no clue about makeup...the concept of matching concealer to their skin color, sometime, seems so foreign. Some of my friends told me that they think the term "concealer" means something you put on and cover your scar....AND...anything will do. Just pick anything from drugstore shelf....that should work too. This is just plain wrong. Sadly, if you are a guy and you want to use makeup for the first time.....you are too shy to ask for help (when you really should have just asked).

If you have help....yes it is easy to find foundation/ concealer/ powder that match your skintone. I cannot stress it enough though.

I am sorry I have to pick on you again, Sparty, but you seemt obe the perfect person to ask this. I have finally decided to wear make-up. HOWEVER, I donot want to go through the whole beauty face process, so I was thinking about doing this: wash my face, do my whole routine, then apply moisturizer AND final touch, apply with a big brush I guess powder, foundation whatever it is called just to even out. I have no break outs nothing, just redness...I am very tempted to try JPG's. I think it will be easy to apply since with scuh a big brush I will just pass it over here and there and will be done (hope I am right!). But, the tone he has is really dark!, I will look like some white boy with a bronze face (the tan is beautiful true). So, anything like JPG's, but in a fair tone? Maybe MAC? or...u are the xpert! Also, what do you think is better, powder, or liquid? which is more likely to clog pores and break you out? Final question, is Ok to use a big brush ike that in case I go for powder? Thanks I appreciate it...

P.S.: Would be nice to see a pic of you all "fixed up" with ur make-up on...I bet you must be gorgeous...

So, anything like JPG's, but in a fair tone? Maybe MAC? or...u are the xpert! Also, what do you think is better, powder, or liquid? which is more likely to clog pores and break you out? Final question, is Ok to use a big brush ike that in case I go for powder? Thanks I appreciate it...