Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys!

So I live in the dorms on my college campus, and Im constantly changing my routine so my roommate doesnt see my skin! I sleep with my blanket covering my skin, always have concealer on, wait in bed till she leaves the room to wash my face, put my makeup on in the shower stall instead of my room!

anybody else do anything crazy like me?!

also, I cancel plans with my bf when my face is bad, which is all the time. He never asks cause I have crazy excuses but Im getting tired of this lie.

Thanks!

It's your roomate, this is a person you usually get kinda close to. I would just be yourself, let her see you without makeup once then your stress free while in your dorm room and not worrying about trying to hide. She probably won't care whatsoever unless she's a cold hearted bitch

I don't wear makeup at all when I'm in my dorm room. It's like my private time to let my skin breathe. I personally don't care if my roommates see me without makeup, and I highly doubt they're judging me. They live with you, so they're going to know some of the most private things about you. I would say stop being so paranoid...seriously. I can understand being paranoid around your bf, but I really doubt your roommate cares or is looking at you that much.

Yup there will always be times that are gonna be harder then others. But you know what? you just gonna have to pull through cause your acne and self esteem arent gonna get any better hiding underneath the blanket. Just take baby steps and things will get better. In the mean time you can start off not letting acne take over your happiness by staying positive.

Just ask yourself what are you afraid of, and overcome that fear!

yes I agree with what everyone is saying.Im learning to deal with my acne problems.Its really difficult for a 36 year old man to all of a sudden having really bad acne.

Thank you guys for the thoughtful replies(: I am deff gonna start hiding my skin less from her, cause all your responses made me realize I need to be comfortable in my own space. Also, I agree she is a sweet girl so she probably wont care.

She just has perfect skin which makes it double hard!

I find it helps when you just are really upfront about it. Like when my skin started getting really bad I just said to all my flat mates (who all have perfect skin and met me during one of the rare clear periods of my life) 'My skin is breaking out super bad. I got a prescription for Retin-A and its supposed to get worse before it gets better. I'm so nervous about it.' I feel like the worse part about someone seeing you when you are breaking out is that its like this unspoken thing that you know they notice. Now I'm 100% comfortable just hanging out makeup free around them.