Notifications
Clear all

Milk, Meat, Liver And Egg Yolks-Choline

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 02/27/2012 10:20 pm

have you been avoiding these????

do you have high anxiety levels???

you are missing a valuable vitamin that is hard to get anywhere else, except broccoli and cauliflower. you could get them from broccoli and cauliflower but you would have to at least 1 to two pounds of it daily, and that is not only expensive but time consuming and i bet nobody eats that much brocolli and cauliflower, well except for me.

the vitamin is choline, and is used to synthesize a neurotransmitter called acetytcholine which regulates the flight or flight response and motor neurons that control muscle movement, like your intestines, arms and legs, among many other important roles.

so all you people on the no milk anti-acne diet, or some no meat vegetarian thingy, make sure you get this nutrient somewhere else if you feel your anxiety levels, and probably your acne is getting worse because of your so called anti acne diet, is leaving you stressed out because you have lowered your intake of choline!!!!

and dont worry too much about the cholesterol in that egg yolk, the cholesterol will be incorporated into your hdl anyways!! and choline lowers ldl, unless you have serious heart disease already, eat three eggs a day and dont think twice about it, you may experince more bowel movements which may allow you to get rid off bad bacteria and help with dysbiosis leaky gut issues.

liver is actually not a very good way to get choline, because its too high in vitamin a and copper, i just mentioned it because it is high in choline, but not an ideal source. egg yolks are a very cheap and easy way to get high amounts of choline, there is about 100mg in one egg yolk, the rda is set at 550 for males and 450 for women. 3eggs plus some milk and some veggies, and whatever you get from your other foods will fulfill this requirement.

MemberMember
(@truestuff)

Posted : 02/28/2012 1:38 am

hmmm thank the good ol lord im not allergic to eggs i was on this crazy path to eliminating my acne by only eating sweet potatoes, beans, strawberries,blue berries and 2 types of veggies broccoli and cucumber, but then i noticed my arms and legs would fall as sleep to fast and my body ached more often then ever so i said what the hell, ill add eggs as another source of protein even if i do get acne. I've been eating 3 eggs and the same items i listed above now for 2 month and a half and my face has cleared up 65% percent in just the last 2 months, good to know they aren't harmful for me,well at least now i feel no pain in my bones as well after incorporating them.

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 02/28/2012 2:20 am

You can't go wrong here. These things share another wonderful thing in common - no sugar!

MemberMember
(@phresh)

Posted : 02/28/2012 2:39 pm

http://www.silverhydra.com/2011/03/vitamin-like-compounds-choline/

This article should convince those who like research and knowing their stuff, like me. Reason #25039 why I will never be a vegan.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/01/2014 6:44 pm

Choline is destroyed in the egg yolk when it is cooked. You'll need to eat the eggs raw or find some other way to get choline.