Notifications
Clear all

Why Would Any Girl Want A Guy With Acne And Skin Problems When She Can Have A Guy With Perfect Skin Instead?

MemberMember
(@angel274)

Posted : 02/26/2012 4:56 pm

I've been thinking about this a lot lately because my cystic acne is starting to come back full blast and it's only 1 month after i finished my accutane course. So depressing going from almost clear skin to the horrible nightmare that I call my face. I'll never be as good as other guys who have no skin problems and have clear skin all the time

MemberMember
(@kittyx3)

Posted : 02/26/2012 5:00 pm

'Cause we're not all superficial?

The way someones skin looks means absolutely nothing. You could have perfect skin and be a jerk, you wouldn't want to go out with someone horrible.

If someone is kind or funny or sweet. That means so much more than their skin.

Anyway, would you really want someone who judged you totally on your looks and didn't look any deeper?

MemberMember
(@inastateofhopefulness)

Posted : 02/26/2012 5:08 pm

Not to be sexist, but I feel like guys are less suscepitble to scrutiny than women as far as appearance. I mean SO much is expected of women versus men. I started my response with this because my friend Annie has moderate acne. She NEVER conceals her face and she's dating a pretty attractive guy. She's also pretty popular. She plays field hockey and cheerleads.

I also have male friends who have acne and have girlfriends.

Stop being so shallow and down on yourself. You're not going to win anyone over without confidence.

MemberMember
(@angel274)

Posted : 02/26/2012 5:17 pm

The way someones skin looks means absolutely nothing. You could have perfect skin and be a jerk, you wouldn't want to go out with someone horrible.

Anyway, would you really want someone who judged you totally on your looks and didn't look any deeper?

Most people are superficial and won't even give you a second glance if you have cystic acne. Just the fact that my face looks like this automatically makes girls not want to talk to me. First impressions are everything, and you can never make any good ones with a face like mine

Not to be sexist, but I feel like guys are less suscepitble to scrutiny than women as far as appearance. I mean SO much is expected of women versus men. I started my response with this because my friend Annie has moderate acne. She NEVER conceals her face and she's dating a pretty attractive guy. She's also pretty popular. She plays field hockey and cheerleads.

I also have male friends who have acne and have girlfriends.

Stop being so shallow and down on yourself. You're not going to win anyone over without confidence.

Keyword: moderate acne. People bearly even notice it. Also, this is the 21st centery, a lot girls expect guys to be just as well groomed as women (take a look at how many girls think justin bieber is cute for example). And don't just tell me to be confident. I'd like to see you try to be confident with a red face full of cysts and women not even giving you second looks before you even get to talk to them.

MemberMember
(@kittyx3)

Posted : 02/26/2012 5:23 pm

Sorry I just don't think thats true. My best friend, had really severe cystic acne and body acne. It's not so bad now but still not totally gone. But he kept smiling, met peoples eyes and generally just didn't let it interfere with how he acted. Did he have a problem with girls? Some wouldn't give him the time of day because of it, but he wasn't interested in someone like that. He has been with his current gf for about 5 years now.

MemberMember
(@angel274)

Posted : 02/26/2012 5:34 pm

Sorry I just don't think thats true. My best friend, had really severe cystic acne and body acne. It's not so bad now but still not totally gone. But he kept smiling, met peoples eyes and generally just didn't let it interfere with how he acted. Did he have a problem with girls? Some wouldn't give him the time of day because of it, but he wasn't interested in someone like that. He has been with his current gf for about 5 years now.

Obviously there are people who will have girlfriends despite severe acne, but the fact is the majority of people with severe acne have a much lower chance of having a significant other than people with clear skin. We are looked down upon and ignored.

MemberMember
(@fluorescent)

Posted : 02/26/2012 5:55 pm

Okay, to be completely honest it really depends on the person you are. It is very possible to still like someone, even if they have a face full of acne. I know some guys that do have a lot of acne and girls still like them, in fact my friend likes this guy that has a lot of acne but then again, he is/ they are the "popular" type. And I have a friend who used to have such severe acne, and I mean it was seriously bad. He's the nerdy/awkward type, but he got accutane and it completely cleared him up- but still, girls aren't exatly attrated to him at all. But on the other hand, I used to have a friend who had (well, he still has) acne and he has had girlfriends in the past, and he is that type too only I guess he was more of a.. I don't know, maybe it's just he wasn't so nerdy and awkward. So, maybe it depends on your social status and doesn't matter on your acne, which I think is ridiculous. If only people say behind all that.. I'm gonna agree with you though, people with acne due tend to have less of a chance, because if you think about it, would you want a girlfriend with a ton of acne? But then again, maybe you wouldn't care, because you know how it feels. And maybe you could completely look past it, because if your attrated to the person inside, you don't see the acne anymore. And I know that's 100% possible.. but it doesn't happen that often anymore. If someone looks past you only because you have acne, they are absolutely not worth your time to care about.. even though it's really hard to not care, and I know from personal experience that it's the hardest thing to be confident with red bumps on your face especially. I still can't do it.

MemberMember
(@angel274)

Posted : 02/26/2012 6:09 pm

Okay, to be completely honest it really depends on the person you are. It is very possible to still like someone, even if they have a face full of acne. I know some guys that do have a lot of acne and girls still like them, in fact my friend likes this guy that has a lot of acne but then again, he is/ they are the "popular" type. And I have a friend who used to have such severe acne, and I mean it was seriously bad. He's the nerdy/awkward type, but he got accutane and it completely cleared him up- but still, girls aren't exatly attrated to him at all. But on the other hand, I used to have a friend who had (well, he still has) acne and he has had girlfriends in the past, and he is that type too only I guess he was more of a.. I don't know, maybe it's just he wasn't so nerdy and awkward. So, maybe it depends on your social status and doesn't matter on your acne, which I think is ridiculous. If only people say behind all that.. I'm gonna agree with you though, people with acne due tend to have less of a chance, because if you think about it, would you want a girlfriend with a ton of acne? But then again, maybe you wouldn't care, because you know how it feels. And maybe you could completely look past it, because if your attrated to the person inside, you don't see the acne anymore. And I know that's 100% possible.. but it doesn't happen that often anymore. If someone looks past you only because you have acne, they are absolutely not worth your time to care about.. even though it's really hard to not care, and I know from personal experience that it's the hardest thing to be confident with red bumps on your face especially. I still can't do it.

The part of your post that I put in bold is interesting. There are a lot of people that aren't exactly "shallow" but simply have a standard that they don't want someone with skin problems. It kinda hurts that you may have a personality that they will like but are missing out on a relationship with the person because of your skin. I always have this feeling, like I'm missing out because of a condition i bearly have control over

MemberMember
(@chestercool)

Posted : 02/26/2012 6:32 pm

so pesimistic...obviously there're girls who are gonna accept you just the way you are. And remember that personality is the biggest weapon to seduce girls, i know acne doesnt look good, i understand your logic, but if you have acne then you gotta train your personality skills, confidence, sense of humor, good clothes, etc.

MemberMember
(@makethatchange)

Posted : 02/26/2012 6:34 pm

Hmmm I don't know. Many guys who never had any problems with their appearance are total jerks. Who wants to be with them?? I'm sure if you're a good person, you'll find someone. Just don't chase shallow girls.

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 02/26/2012 6:46 pm

Tricky topic this one, I'm not too sure what to say because I am in the same position as you - my face is a mess, zero confidence, don't talk to girls because of it, etc, etc.

The part of your post that I put in bold is interesting. There are a lot of people that aren't exactly "shallow" but simply have a standard that they don't want someone with skin problems. It kinda hurts that you may have a personality that they will like but are missing out on a relationship with the person because of your skin. I always have this feeling, like I'm missing out because of a condition i bearly have control over

MemberMember
(@angel274)

Posted : 02/26/2012 6:46 pm

so pesimistic...obviously there're girls who are gonna accept you just the way you are. And remember that personality is the biggest weapon to seduce girls, i know acne doesnt look good, i understand your logic, but if you have acne then you gotta train your personality skills, confidence, sense of humor, good clothes, etc.

It's easy to tell somebody on the internet "hurr durr you just gotta be confident" but that's not how confidence works. I have plently personality, I'm a hilarious guy and am confident in the clothes i wear, but it all means nothing when people are gonna shoot you down because of your skin condition

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 02/26/2012 7:30 pm

I'm only going to date guys that have skin problems, because they know what I have been through and I can relate to them on an intense level. But sadly, even guys with acne want girls with perfect clear skin, so I can't have that relationship until my skin issues go away-if that ever will happen.

MemberMember
(@lange)

Posted : 02/26/2012 8:00 pm

But sadly, even guys with acne want girls with perfect clear skin, so I can't have that relationship until my skin issues go away-if that ever will happen.

Seriously, I don't see many girls with skin problems--at least not bad ones. It seems that bad acne, well, moderate acne, is fairly rare.

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 02/26/2012 8:12 pm

But sadly, even guys with acne want girls with perfect clear skin, so I can't have that relationship until my skin issues go away-if that ever will happen.

Seriously, I don't see many girls with skin problems--at least not bad ones. It seems that bad acne, well, moderate acne, is fairly rare.

That's because we're all hiding in our houses

MemberMember
(@chestercool)

Posted : 02/26/2012 10:13 pm

It's easy to tell somebody on the internet "hurr durr you just gotta be confident" but that's not how confidence works. I have plently personality, I'm a hilarious guy and am confident in the clothes i wear, but it all means nothing when people are gonna shoot you down because of your skin condition

hey mate, i know its not easy, because im not confident of myself, but when im with other people i have to ACT, as if my self steem would be in the sky, otherwise girls wont even look at you with or without acne. what im telling you is based in science, girls first see how you get dressed, then the eyes, the smile, and then the skin. Without confidence and a good posture saying "im a winner". Good luck with that, try to act

MemberMember
(@inastateofhopefulness)

Posted : 02/27/2012 12:13 am

Keyword: moderate acne. People bearly even notice it. Also, this is the 21st centery, a lot girls expect guys to be just as well groomed as women (take a look at how many girls think justin bieber is cute for example). And don't just tell me to be confident. I'd like to see you try to be confident with a red face full of cysts and women not even giving you second looks before you even get to talk to them.

Acne is acne. Not that you need to know, and not offend my friend, but its noticeable. Justin Bieber wears makeup. As do I. But that's irrelevant. I had cystic acne, but went on Accutane. I know what its like. Even when covered up, my face looked bad.

Just be confident in yourself. There's someone for you. If someone won't date you because of your acne, then they're not worth your time. Like I also said in my post I have lots of male friends with acne who have pretty hot girlfriends.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 02/27/2012 5:27 pm

we dont. i dont think anyone goes after a person because they have acne. if a girl likes a guy, she likes him, and maybe he just happens to have acne. doesnt matter, as long as you like the person, skin shouldnt be a problem. you just have to give them a change and get to know them, which some shallow/superficial people dont do, and a lot of the time you cant change their mind. thats why you have to look for people who are more friendly and understanding

MemberMember
(@omarcomin)

Posted : 02/27/2012 6:40 pm

Like others have said personality. If a guy is a complete douche but has perfect skin and then there is a guy with acne but a brilliant personality then why would she want to spend her time with the douche? and if she did then she obviously has imperfections of her own that go far beyond any type of skin problem and is not worth the time.

Think of all the people that have given you a hard time over your acne, now think of friends you've had, the people who gave you a hard time decided you weren't worth knowing because of your skin but any friends you've had over looked your skin and decided you were worth knowing for who you are as a person.

I know it's an old and kind of annoying cliche for people with imperfections like acne, skin, weight etc that 'looks aren't everything' but it also a true one. We all know life isn't a fairy tale or a film and we're probably not going to bump into a beautiful perfect woman in the street who falls insanely in love with us and looks past our skin, but there are people who don't care about our skin, yes they are rare but they are out there, we've just got to do our part and try to work past the barriers that this asshole skin condition creates and try to get out there with them (pardon my french lol).

MemberMember
(@sensitive-skin)

Posted : 02/28/2012 3:41 am

My boyfriend has moderate cystic acne, and he even has quite a few acne scars. I have acne, but mine is very occasional and much more mild than his. Frankly, I don't even notice his acne! He doesn't even seem to care, and I think that's wonderful. :) I don't analyze his complexion or his pores, and when I notice he has a blemish, it's honestly just an afterthought. When I look at his face, I'm looking at his eyes and the body language his face is conveying, not his complexion. If I ever left him, it'd be because of some of his less-than-stellar personal qualities, not his skin. Clear skin isn't something I look for in a guy, and I think most women feel the same way. I'm concerned that he's honest, faithful, intelligent, and articulate - I couldn't care less whether he gets the occasional blemish or not. So don't beat yourself up! If a woman chooses to like you, it's because of your inherent personal qualities; it's not contingent upon the clearness of your complexion.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 02/28/2012 12:31 pm

Fuck my life acne matters.

MemberMember
(@wantthisacnegone)

Posted : 02/28/2012 5:53 pm

It is very possible for a girl to look past your acne. You just haven't found the one yet. Yup, there are plenty of shallow people in this world, unfortunately. Do you really want someone to like you based on your APPEARANCE? If someone will only give you the time of day to merely TALK to you, just because your 'acne free', is simply not worth your time. You want someone who will look past what's on the outside, and look for what's on the inside :)

I'm a girl, ok? And I have mild/sever CYSTIC acne on my cheeks and chin. I also have a boyfriend who loves me very much. He's fully aware of my acne problem but he insists I'm beautiful with/without acne and that one day, I will be acne free.

Point is, if someone truly likes you, your flaws a.k.a acne, wont exist to them.

You just need more confidence is all. I wish you luck on that, and finding a cure for the acne, so as I. Cheers!

MemberMember
(@empty-inside)

Posted : 02/29/2012 8:57 pm

the way someone's skin looks means absolutely nothing? then why are you on this website? why would you even say something so incredibly stupid and obviously untrue?

MemberMember
(@inastateofhopefulness)

Posted : 02/29/2012 10:19 pm

the way someone's skin looks means absolutely nothing? then why are you on this website? why would you even say something so incredibly stupid and obviously untrue?

Now you're just being a douchebag. What a crass thing to say to someone who was being kind and offering legitmate insight. Stop trying to have a pity party thrown for yourself and get over yourself. Boo-hoo, you have acne. People have too many of their own issues to give a shit about your pizza face.

The only people who care about you having acne are those who are too damaged and insecure to function. You've stooped to that level. Congratulations.

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 02/29/2012 11:17 pm

Take it easy, folks, no need to start arguing. Let's keep it civil please.