Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TrixR4Kids

Ice Pic Scarring and Redness

My active acne is REALLY starting to clear but I'm left with moderate ice pic scarring where my acne was before and redness on my forehead and somewhat on my cheeks. I continue to use BP gel and retin a micro at night, which is what my derm has put me on, as well as minocyline. Is the redness and scarring temporary or am i stuck with these divots in my skin forever? Do I just wait for the redness to subside or should I try doing something? I checked the FAQ but it didn't really help much because I don't know if it will take care of itself or if there's nothing I can really do. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Anyone have anything that can help me?!?! My scarring is really pretty shallow, and I never got any before i used the bp gel my derm prescribed, but now that all the acne is gone i have an uneven skin tone and small ice pic scars, anyone know what I should do? Stop using the BP and just stick to Retin-A and mino or what???

HELP!!!!

Hi, just wait for the redness to subside. It will probably be all gone within a year. There are treatments that work well for icepick scars. They are TCA Cross, and punch grafts. If you change your treatment without talking to your doctor, you may get more scars and red marks, and the viscious cycle will continue. Retin-A is one of the best things for red marks. It aint broke, so calm down and stop trying to fix it. smile.gif

no unjg, mine arent very deep or red, but I'm not sure if I should start treating the scarring because I dont have any active acne there anymore, or if I should just see if the scarring heals on its own. I'm not sure if it will or not. I really like the retin A as well, anyone else have any advice?!