Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iWANNAbeCLEAR

Icepick scars and getting rid of them..

I'll be getting a job soon and the first thing I want to do with my money is fix up my icepick scars. What is not too costly, but effective in treating icepick scars that a derm can perform?

Could you tell me some info about it, like is it safe, will my face look like shit for a while? I'm at school and I can't take a red ass face for a week, people would call me names and shit.

Research TCA CROSS on the board. It can be effective for ice pick scarring. Not very many Dermatologists perform it, but you can call their office and ask if they do it. Anything that's going to be effective is going to give you some down time though (i.e. redness, scabs) so you might want to schedule it when you have some time off.

Quickest most effective ice pick treatment is punch excision of small scars up to about 1mm diameter which can be excised and sutured up with one stitch or tape, ice picks of intermediate size up to about 8mm can be punch elevated and sutured or held in place by tape until they heal.

Downtime varies from person to person - Probably a week or so. Check out the TCA CROSS thread for more specific info.