Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mathews42

Claravis Log 30 Mg (29Yof)

Posted

I am on day four of claravis 30 mg, and either this drug is too good to be true for me or it is the calm before the storm.

I had massive breakouts along my temples (huge cystic ones along with tiny ones) and with the exception of one cyst on one side, they are GONE. The scarring is there for sure and Im sure will take a long time to go away, but this cannot be normal. Im scared of whats to come.

The only side effect Ive had is a headache last night, and some slight discoloration on my cheek due to being in the sun, which is already fading. Another side effect that is slightly embarassing and pretty much no one talks about but ill say it is ladies: you will need lube if you are going to have sex.

I am really hoping Im one of the lucky few that avoids an IB. I do have a cluster of tiny whiteheads on my forehread, but lets be honest - the fact that Im on accutane shows that I would have had that anyway. I just cant get over the fact that my temples are clear. It would have taken weeks for that to heal on anything else.

My regimen: murad skin cleanser am, cetaphil pm

at night: eucerin redness relief lotion - makes your face green but when you wake up its totally worth it

Im also drinking A TON of water and taking fish oil supplements.

Posted

Day 5 - no sign of initial break out just yet, and my skin isnt even dry - anywhere, not even my lips. Im starting to wonder if this dosage is strong enough for me.

I have noticed that I need to be EXTREMELY careful in the sun though. yikes.

Posted

Day 6 - Still no sign of IB, and my skin on my face isnt even dry yet - my legs are dreadfully itchy though. I feel like I am dying though. My upper back is killing me, all night I had terrible shooting pains in my ankle and I have this persistent terrible pain in the side of my stomach - to the point where I am googling what organ that is because I am scared something is wrong.

Posted

hey i hadn't seen this thread but i replied on your other one :o)

Posted

Yes, definitely keep me posted! Im glad to go through it with someone :)

On day 7 - still no sign of IB, a few teeeny pimples, but really my skin looks beautiful if i put even a slight amount of makeup on. I highly recommend the Eucerin redness relief lotion before going to bed. However, I coudnt even sleep last night because my back is in SO MUCH pain, I can barely walk. I am a very fit person, and Im signed up for the NYC half marathon in three weeks so I need to run, and I literally cannot even walk. It feels like I broke my spine. I havent been skipping dosage in hopes of just roughing it out and getting used to it, but if this continues another day I am going to take the pills every other day.

Posted

I guess technically Im on day 7 - I skipped my dosage yesterday. My back is STILL in such extreme excruciating pain. Did anyone else have this? Unfortunately, its Sunday but I really want some type of prescription pain killer as this is unbearable. Side note: not only is there no sign of IB, but my skin looks beautiful.

Posted

On day9 but on pill 7 - skipped until my back felt better. My skin started to break out, but its under the surface still...you cant really see it just yet. It looks like it will be bad! Thus, why I popped a pill. Im not sure if my schedule is what did it, but I really couldnt bear the side effects. I wasnt sleeping and could barely move. Im going to call my derm tomorrow and just ask to be put on 15 mg dosage (even though i havnet really read about anyone being put on this dosage) I will say though that I am a tiny girl, so it probably makes more sense.

Posted

Skipped a pill today again, for fear of back pain. I spoke to my derm and she said that I could take it every other day or even every three days (since I asked to be put on 10mg a day and that would be the equivalent) so I may do that until I feel better. Scalp is itching like a mofo. Ridiculous dandruff and I have dark hair. Ew. But no back pain and only a mild headache. Skin looks ok too. No real sign of a terrible IB, hopefully the pill I took last night dried that out? But seriously, the dandruff is out of control!

Posted

hey again! i just took my first pill last night. same exact as you (claravis 30 mg). i hope your side effects calm down! i think taking it every few days would be good. let me know if it gets better for you

Posted

Good luck! Moisturize like crazy even if you arent dry yet. Carmex is your best friend, drink lots of water and take fish oil pills! I responded on the other log too because other people wrote on that also.

Posted

Trying every other day because Im psycho about seeing results faster. Bad news: start of IB with cystic ones, ouch!

Good news: not on my face, all on my jaw line. Face is super clear with the exception of two pimples above my eyebrow, Cheeks , chin rest of of forehead, so so clear and I dont even just mean in terms of pimples. Its like my complexion changed to someone with smooth, nice skin.

Posted

thank you for your advice! i have been following it :) the only side effect that i have had so far is sleepiness. have you had this? i am asleep within an hour of taking my pill. like even in the mornings. i am up for a very short time, take the pill with breakfast, and i am sleeping again!? i cant be doing this for 6 months lol

Posted

I did notice it actually, but it subsided. I also now take it at night so maybe thats why I dont notice it anymore lol

Posted

im 17 yr old male, just started my claravis cycle yesterday, thanks for your updates and good luck!!! check out my log :) i kinda want the drying side effects to kick in to know its working, plus my oily skin pisses me off! im so tired of it lol. 20 mg twice a day total 40...may not be enough???

Posted

Its enough trust me! Give it a few days and youll notice it! I am officially in IB zone. Though its definitely not TERRIBLE. I mean, I hate looking at my face, but it could bea lot worse, Its a few cystic ones near my eyebrow, one on my jaw, and two tiny ones on my cheek. Hoping this goes away by next weekend because I have a work event that I really would like to look nice for. Good luck Steve!

Posted

Hi I just started using Accutane,I am taking 10mg twice at day, and I'm

on my second day, I haven't heard of people having IB in the first week, but ever since I started taking my pills, I got random pimples behind my ears and on my back, besides that I haven't had any other side effects yet.

Posted

I took Accutane as a freshman in high school, about 10 years ago. (And now I'm just on day 3 of round 2.) I did not have back pain at all before I started the first time. I do have a couple vivid memories though of being in so much pain without even moving. I would recommend using a heating pad on your back for a half hour before you go to bed, or during the day, try those ThermaCare heat wraps. They are mildly annoying under thicker clothes and usually help for me.

Good luck!

Posted

My back pain went away when I started taking pills every other day. Im currently on day 11 now, sorta in IB but on random parts of face. Pretty much looks clear, but still have those few cysts. With makeup on, skin looks really nice.

Posted (edited)

Hi I just started using Accutane,I am taking 10mg twice at day, and I'm

on my second day, I haven't heard of people having IB in the first week, but ever since I started taking my pills, I got random pimples behind my ears and on my back, besides that I haven't had any other side effects yet.

exact same thing happened to me. Except im only on 15 mg a day. I kept getting weird pimples on my head that would vanish in about a day during the first week. I didn't really get any pimples on my face the first week, well any unusual ones.

However in week two i kept getting really odd pimples, usually my pimples form and then i squeeze them and they dry up and a day or two I basically forget they were there except for a vague red outlining. In week two of accutane i kept getting pimples that wouldnt form a head for ages and then when they would barely anything would come out of them at one time, but every time i would look in the mirror a new head would form on a pimple I already popped. You are best to try leave them!

I've also had two black dots in my skin from the soot on the end of a needle when sterilizing it and popped a pimple. The ash has left these two black dots under my lip, and they have been there for about 3 or more years. Accutane has pushed them to the surface!!! They both turned into a pimple a few days ago and now they have healed and are gone! Amazing stuff.

Day 17 for me tomorrow.. pretty good results so far! can't wait for day 30. Can't believe im already almost half way there!

Sorry if that post has very poor grammar.. i've been outside setting up front of house for an outdoor music festival all day.. fml.

Edited by Lewie

Posted

I am on day sixth using Accutane and it has been working wonderful, it has

made my face so clear, I haven't had really an IB, I don't wanna ginset though, but yeah Accutane is working pretty good, I have dried lips and face and I got a nose bleed once, but besides that not other side effects :)

Posted

Hi guys, sorry been so MIA. I definitely did have an IB last week ( a bunch of cystic ones) but they werent on my face. I made an apt with the derm and she injected them

so they went away pretty quickly. After those healed (within a day or two) , my skin has pretty much been clear. Still taking it every other day until my race sunday (bc im still in fear of getting joint pain) but after Sunday I will be taking it daily..or at least trying to. But aside from my skin being clear, it just looks so bright and not shiny at all. AMAZING. Im so glad Im posting because I think most people just read the awful side effects, but so far for me it has been really mild.

Posted

Hi, I'm starting Accutane in a month and I'm terrified of getting an IB! I will definitely keep reading your log to see how it goes. I don't know if I can wait that long to start, but I've had acne for 5 years, so I guess I can wait another month :/ lol I can't wait to get rid of this oily skin!

Posted

So I spoke too soon about my face being so clear. I am having a TERRIBLE break out. Now, its not necessarily all over my face. It just like both of my temples are covered with huge cystic ones, and under my nose I have a string of four pimples. The rest of my face is totally clear. But the cystic ones are what kill me. They are SO huge and painful. Hoping this passes really soon. Lips are SO dry as are legs. My legs look like I have a disease they are so red. Any suggestions for that?

Posted

Legs are still dry, lips are still dry. Other than that, face is super clear. My boss actually asked me what im doing to have this new glow about me. That was so nice!