Notifications
Clear all

Manuka Honey - Initial Purging

MemberMember
(@yossisiegel)

Posted : 02/20/2012 2:27 pm

After reading some pretty amazing, and encouraging posts about Manuka Honey, I went and got a jar of he Wedderspoon 16+ active.

I started using in a week ago, rubbing in a thin layer as a mask and leaving it in for an hour. There is no doubt, my skin felt very soft and smooth after wards. Whereas I just has some small whiteheads and red spots, I have started developing 5-6 large, lumps (cysts) that do not seem to be improving. Is this normal? Every review I have read says the face cleared up in a few days, but no one mentioned if there was an initial purge period. I just want to know if I should keep going, or just toss it on the pile of remedies that have failed to deliver

MemberMember
(@gavin-gear)

Posted : 02/21/2012 7:00 pm

Wedderspoon was recently reported to the FDA for selling honey that does not meet its claims. Find a Manuka Honey that has a UMF number on it, for example, UMF16+. If the honey says bioactive 16+ or anything other than UMF 16+...its a pass.

if you can find a medical grade manuka honey, that is the way to go. We use medical grade in the manufacture of Nutralize for heartburn and acid reflux issues and it is extremely effective.

The table grade manuka honey's are meant to be eaten, not placed on the skin, although for centuries folks have done this. HOWEVER, any impurities in that honey can lead to the problems you are experiencing. Hope this helps.Gavin

MemberMember
(@moiku)

Posted : 02/24/2012 9:18 pm

I tried Manuka Honey (+20) included cleanser few days ago, and now I have horrible break out. I don't know if it's because of Manuka Honey though...

MemberMember
(@maimy)

Posted : 02/25/2012 5:14 pm

I use a 10+ manuka honey and I didn't experience purging. My skin has really improved since I started using it; so I would suggest that you carry on applying it, but if it continues to break you out, maybe it's not for you.

MemberMember
(@bollie)

Posted : 02/29/2012 1:34 pm

I use a honey product that has lavender, camomile and hibiscus mixed in with hawaiian honey. This is probably the best cleanser that i have ever used. It does have an exfoliator that is corodum crystals. I never get worse acne from it and it usually reduces my small pustules in a few days to nothing. If anyone wants to check it out. Google them. LEAHLANI SKINCARE

Manuka honey does have great antibacterial properties but so does all honey. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 8:14 pm

did it work for you? i guess gonna try this too. smh. the things i do for this acne. one day i will find the gene that causes acne and will eliminate it.