Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rosacgirl

Is My Acne Hormonal? Or Something Else?

I first started getting acne around age 11 when I hit puberty. It has always been moderate to severe. I just had some blood tests done to find out if I have PCOS, and all of my results were normal. Does this mean my acne is not hormonal? Could I still benefit from using BC pills and/or Spiro? The only thing that has really gotten my skin in nice condition is Accutane, but I don't know if I want to go through another round of that. I was actually hoping something would be off in my hormone levels, so I would have an answer and know how to approach things.

I also have rosacea. I have extremely fair, sensitive skin that turns red and splotchy very easily. Could my acne be something else altogether?

I first started getting acne around age 11 when I hit puberty. It has always been moderate to severe. I just had some blood tests done to find out if I have PCOS, and all of my results were normal. Does this mean my acne is not hormonal? Could I still benefit from using BC pills and/or Spiro? The only thing that has really gotten my skin in nice condition is Accutane, but I don't know if I want to go through another round of that. I was actually hoping something would be off in my hormone levels, so I would have an answer and know how to approach things.

I also have rosacea. I have extremely fair, sensitive skin that turns red and splotchy very easily. Could my acne be something else altogether?

All acne is hormonal and they're effected by diet,lifestyle and genes. If you're predisposed to acne ( obviously yes) and if you don't follow healthy lifestyle, you're not doing any favors to your hormones ( they're already screwed). Read more about nutrition and foods that may cause acne, do some eliminations and see how your skin reacts. If nothing changes then get allergy test done to make sure you're not eating anything bad on a daily basis without knowing it. If absolutely nothing helps your skin to get clear up, then try hormonal treatments ( spiro or BC pills).