Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knicks3

I have an appointment mon and demanding accutane

Enough is enough, I made an appointment with a derm I saw a year ago. I took his antibiotics, klaron, plexiron. I had others give me benzamyicin, benzaclin, differin, retin-A, Mino...

Im broken out all the time now, never a light week. I am in a buisness environment and 32 years old! 20 yrs of this!

Its about time one of these derms take me serious and actually try to help me because I have taken everything else.

I finally got bright and took pictures the last month, some are downright nasty. As usual I will probably clear up right before Mon.

Anything I can say, or avoid saying when I request the prescription?

Say if you don't think accutane is right for me I am going to go to another dermatologist because I've done my research and I'm positive I want to take this drug.

Well, I can guarantee that threatening to go to another doctor won't help. I would personally just find another doctor, there are some docs that give accutane out like its pez candy.

Well, I did my research. I called three or 4 places and asked them If they have had success with accutane and If it is something they prescribe. Ot turns out one of the places I called I had been too so Im going back. I figured I have taken his abx already and my skin is worse a year later.

Accutane really is the only option.

Truthfully Elsa, its not far off. I work 2 jobs, one in computers and one in a salon where Im a barber. Its a huge shop, you know what its like working in a 30 chair shop in a place where all people do is look at you?

Not too mention, I didnt realize the problems this is causing in my marriage because I dont want to do anything.

Hi! My nme is Corrine I am VERY interested in this thread because:

1. I have cystic acne

2. I have tried other treatments

3. I am 35 yrs. old and am plain tired of the pain my acne causes me emotionally and physically.

4. I am going to a new dermatologist (the other is a perv), a female, and I WANT to "demand" Accutane, as I think this is the only thing left for me.

So, will you please share with us what happens at your appointment? I could not get in to see my new doc until NOVEMBER! I need to do my homework first.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Corrine smile.gif

I will do that.

My first bit of advise to you is start taking some pictures, I dont know how many times I have gone to the derm over the years and my face cleared up that week.

Its happening right now, I have been broken out for 2 months straight and the cysts are getting smaller, there is no way they will be gone but at least I have a month time line to show him.

I'm really surprised they wouldn't give it to you earlier...but mentioning that you are really worried about permanent scarring should make them pay attention!

It's interesting how doctors seem to differ so widely on how willing they are to prescribe Accutane. I went after 4 years (I was trying to manage on my own) just to get antibiotics, and she took one look at my face and suggested I try Accutane right away because of the scarring.

Its is clearly visable that my nose has some scarring. I also have a big line scar on my chin from a cyst.

I went to the giants game today and got sun burned a little so my face look better but I have the pictures to prove it!