Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lola Burns

Gluten-Free Bread Is Depressing

Udi's gluten free bread is awesome! Tastes like bread, not cardboard or sandpaper. Their bagels are good too.

Oh that's right!! I had Udi hamburger buns the other day. Those were good.

Eziekal is pretty good too, but it does contain gluten. But a lot of people say it is an acne friendly bread nontheless

Ezekiel bread tastes like cardboard to me. I'm used to baguette and brioche and focaccia (mostly that I've baked myself). This whole gluten free thing is killing me.

Udi's gluten free bread is awesome! Tastes like bread, not cardboard or sandpaper. Their bagels are good too.

Eziekal is pretty good too, but it does contain gluten. But a lot of people say it is an acne friendly bread nontheless

Ezekiel bread tastes like cardboard to me. I'm used to baguette and brioche and focaccia (mostly that I've baked myself). This whole gluten free thing is killing me.

Yea it kinda depends on what your making it with. i think it's terrible on sandwiches, but its realllly good as toast. I toast it and slab on some pumpkin seed butter and its sooo good.

I've basically given up on gluten free bread altogether. My mom is celiac though, and she likes Udi's breads, but mostly only if they're toasted. There is a local bakery near me that bakes fresh gluten free breads, and they make really good bread. It's very expensive though. Try looking into fresh local bakeries near you, that's probably your best bet for good gluten free bread.

Try going grain free. Might be less convenient in the beginning, but it kind of forces you to make more creative meals.

I suppose. But I'm also going gluten-free (and soy-free and crap-free) while trying to eat 2090 calories a day. And I don't have very much time to prepare proper meals (and barely enough time to eat them), much less getting creative. I could go through all the recipes on this site and get probably lots of very good ideas. But sometimes, a girl just wants a fucking sandwich.

Yea it kinda depends on what your making it with. i think it's terrible on sandwiches, but its realllly good as toast. I toast it and slab on some pumpkin seed butter and its sooo good.

I'll try that. Thanks.

Bread is depressing.

Try going grain free. Might be less convenient in the beginning, but it kind of forces you to make more creative meals.

Yeah, it's possible. but you won't find it on a supermarket shelf or even amongst the sprouted grain breads and whatnot in the freezer section. you might check your supermarket bakery though. Bread/grains shouldn't be a big part of your diet anyway, so find other things to eat. And for rare occasions, find a good bakery or make it yourself.

I've just given up bread completely, it's easier tongue.png

Bread is depressing.

Yeah, with real food.

Why do you want a sandwich, just habit? It's no easier to make than anything else really. It's not ideal but you really have no choice but to think "creatively" (differently) if you're making a lifestyle change. It's worth it.

I just like sandwiches.

Yeah, it's possible. but you won't find it on a supermarket shelf or even amongst the sprouted grain breads and whatnot in the freezer section. you might check your supermarket bakery though. Bread/grains shouldn't be a big part of your diet anyway, so find other things to eat. And for rare occasions, find a good bakery or make it yourself.

I've just given up bread completely, it's easier tongue.png

Yes, this is the easiest and best option by far.

But I read that even naturally gluten free foods can be contaminated with gluten and that there is no real regulation in place to monitor it? And that companies are allowed to call something gluten-free if it contains only a small amount of gluten. How do I know when I can trust that something is truly gluten free?

Bread/grains aren't a huge part of my diet (I eat more fruits, veggies, nuts, fish and chicken than anything else). It's just a part of my diet that I'm particularly fond of and would like to safely include it (in small amounts) in my diet if it's at all possible.