Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stoneman

Red Mark/Scar on cheek

I've had this red mark on my mid cheek area close to the mouth that just will not go away. Its been there since February this year after a failed attempt at popping a comedone.

Anyway, I used to put antiseptic cream on there and the redness did go down after a while but the red mark is becoming darker again because of the BP gel I've been using and creating more comedones. I seem to keep getting these comedones in the area of the red mark (about 2-3mm away from the red mark/scar) which makes the red mark look 10 times redder but not directly where the red mark lies.

Is there anything that will make the red mark become less noticeable? Vinegar, toothpaste or just more antiseptic cream instead of BP gel?

THey say that Puredeming products help. Check out the scar and hyperpigmentation forum. There's a bulletin board attached on the top of the page. They have rated the products.

Hi, you should probably just leave it alone and let time do its thing.

Yeah but, if I let time do its thing then I'm most likely going to get more comedones in that area sooner or later and a time where the red mark is more noticeable then at other times. I'm pretty sure that those kind of red marks don't go away just like that in a few days. It'll probably take months for it to become unnoticeable.

Aint there something you can recommend to put on there or shall I stop putting BP gel on there or something?

Don't stop putting BP gel on there or you might break out worse. Red marks from acne can take a year or more to go away, but they can be helped along by retinols, hydroquinone, and chemical peels. Sorry - it's just one of the trials of life.

Red marks can take up to a year to fade. I would leave extracting to the experts so that you don't experience this again.

Personally, I would concentrate on getting rid of your acne before treating redmarks. Why? Because some treatments for redmarks can be irritating to acne and make matters much worse.