Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been thinking that maybe I do.. I think I'm pretty and i sometimes get a bit haughty about it. Maybe that's why I don't have clear skin, that's why God gave me this, because he knew I would be even more stuck up if I were more gorgeous.

I don't know when it will ever improve.. maybe when my attitude improves.

I've tried going the optimistic way when looking at my acne. I was always optimistic in the sense of I always thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel and it would one day go away ... Three years later and it's still here. I lost hope about it ever going away when I turned 18 and it was still there. Pessimism is the way to go. At least that way you won't be disappointed.

I am a 5ft 10 inch,32 inch long blonde hair ,blue eyes blah blah blah, and you know what? I have cystic acne :( As my acne has got worse my confidence has become non exsistant but many people still tell me I am beautiful and I have a gorgeous fiance who think's im the best girl in the world but I will never been happy with my appearance because of my skin,hopefully going on accutane next week. There is a girls on youtube "Cassandra Banks" who has severe cystic acne and she is stunning in fact some of the most beautiful girls I know have acne. Just because you have bad skin doesnt mean you are not beautiful.

I'm not a religious person so I wouldn't agree that anyone 'deserves' acne or that they are 'punished' with acne. What I would say is that people who have acne are very unlucky to have it - maybe you could say that we have been dealt a poor hand in life when it comes to our skin. Although we have acne and yes it is a particularly horrible problem to have (since it affects so much of our lives), you could be a lot worse off in your problems - struggling in poverty, starving, abusive family, etc - the list could go on forever. There are a lot of truly terrible things that happen to people all over the world and I'm fairly sure they didn't 'deserve' it either. Gaining perspective on your problems compared to the ones others have to face can help you deal with having acne.

Edited by MJRI94

that was the dumbest thing ive ever read, it has nothing to do with "deserving" acne, it has to do with biology and your DNA. if you actually believe some imaginary being in the sky is cursing you with acne instead of it being in your DNA, then you have much more serious problems than acne.

k3tchup puts it succintly and I agree.

However way you want to rationalize it, acne is biological. And you can't control your body's biology, but you can control how you treat your skin (in attempt to control the acne).

Edited by Daphnis

Quite the question. Were you an evil person in a pastlife or something? Is God trying to teach you some humility? Why are you diseased? Problem with question like this is...who do you want responding to this? Do you want to hear the answer of a Jew, or a Jehova's Witness? A Muslim, Catholic, Calvanist or a Buddhist? A Taoist perhaps? New Age? I can give you the opinions of each of these people, but ultimately you're missing a couple of things. First of all, who ever taught you it was wrong to be attractive and then to reject unattractive people, is a lunatic. There is nothing wrong with being attracted to who you are attracted to, assuming you're not locked in a self destructive pattern. Now being beautiful leaves you a couple of options. Are you going to flaunt it, and then destroy boys hearts who you don't care much for? If you do such a thing, then I would say you're shooting yourself in the foot. My point is, you're allowed to be sexy...and you're also allowed to be an asshole, but being an asshole will come with its price. A price that's not worth it. That I can promise you. Besides that be proud to be beautiful, just don't be an asshole respect peoples hearts. :)

Edited by TheMedic

Does anyone? No.

Since I do though, instead of me wallowing, I try to control it.

....and honestly, finding solutions and finding things that work makes me feel better than being depressed, giving up, and shouting, "why me?!?!?"

hey, cake them make up on, problem solved.

Problem solved? Or you just gave the most terrible advice in acne.org history?

I've been thinking that maybe I do.. I think I'm pretty and i sometimes get a bit haughty about it. Maybe that's why I don't have clear skin, that's why God gave me this, because he knew I would be even more stuck up if I were more gorgeous.

I don't know when it will ever improve.. maybe when my attitude improves.

Sorry dear, but I guess acne has already screwed your mental health. Nobody deserves to suffer from acne ( or anything else). Not everything that happens in this life have a purpose.