Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serenitypinkblossom

Shower Everday But Smell?

I never had this problem till this year but my scalp/hair has been getting greasier fasting making me smell musky/yucky during the afternoon. I shower at night but when i showered in the morning i still have the same problem.

I tried Head & Shoulders, Pantene, Herbal Essence and i change my pillow case/bed sheets once a week and i wash my hair for a long time scrubbing and massaging but it wont go away!

im 15

sorry i dont know which section to put this in!

Maybe your hair is too used to shampoos to dry it out, I haven`t been washing my hair with anything else but water for over a month now.

My hair is not greasy now, there was a period where it was but I got over it.

Maybe you might want to try waiting for your hair to naturally adapt and in time produce less oil.

I hope this helped.

Maybe your hair is too used to shampoos to dry it out, I haven`t been washing my hair with anything else but water for over a month now.

Maybe you might want to try waiting for your hair to naturally adapt and in time produce less oil.

I hope this helped.

I tried to not shampoo but it just got more oily and smelly

when you didnt shampoo did your hair get less oily/greasy? im scared dead skin might build up if i dont shampoo causing dandruff

Edited by Serenitypinkblossom

I hope this helped.

when you didnt shampoo did your hair get less oily/greasy? im scared dead skin might build up if i dont shampoo causing dandruff

It has been about a month or more without shampoo for me. My hair is less greasy, it is soft and natural now. I wouldn`t know about dandruff though because I never bothered to look whether I have any. A bit of dandruff can`t hurt you, you can wash filth away with water.

And yeah, what the other guy said, use a clean towel for each shower.

use a clean towel every time you shower?

try showering twice a day also i bet its you just re using your towels

I hope this helped.

It has been about a month or more without shampoo for me. My hair is less greasy, it is soft and natural now. I wouldn`t know about dandruff though because I never bothered to look whether I have any. A bit of dandruff can`t hurt you, you can wash filth away with water.

And yeah, what the other guy said, use a clean towel for each shower.

I use the same towel but it gets washed every week...should i throw that out and get a new one? what if the smell continues?

anyone knows what causes the smell?

you use the same towel for a whole week and wash it once a week? thats your problem right there..

you need to use a fresh new clean towel every single shower and the smell will go away trust me i had the same problem now i always smell great

...eh. Doubt it's the towel, though it could contribute. Try a tea tree oil shampoo, like Giovanni's Tea Tree Triple Treat - or Trader Joe's tea tree tingle (same thing, it's a private label). The rinse with apple cider vinegar, Braggs, or Eden Organics, Spectrum is fine - no Heinz. The smell is fungus. You have yeast overgrowth. Ar you using styling products with silicones? Stop. Quit eating so much sugar too.

...eh. Doubt it's the towel, though it could contribute. Try a tea tree oil shampoo, like Giovanni's Tea Tree Triple Treat - or Trader Joe's tea tree tingle (same thing, it's a private label). The rinse with apple cider vinegar, Braggs, or Eden Organics, Spectrum is fine - no Heinz. The smell is fungus. You have yeast overgrowth. Ar you using styling products with silicones? Stop. Quit eating so much sugar too.

Yeah its not the towel i bought a new one and washed it every time i used it this week

Whats yeast and how do i have it on my head? I thought it was for armpits/private parts?

I dont use any styling products i just wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner

I dont really eat sugar/candy...i do drink coffee though

Since its a yeast infection can i use Monistat Yeast Infection cream for the vagina?

it says to put it on before going to bed so i dont have to wash it off? i spent a ton of money on new shampoos/conditoners so since i have this at home should i try it?

http://www.ehow.com/how_5723194_cure-yeast-overgrowth-scalp.html

Most dandruff is actually caused caused by an overgrowth of yeast on the scalp, so it's not abnormal at all. You have yeast everywhere on your body, the same as you have bacteria. When you have an overgrowth of yeast, it's an infection, too much bacteria, infection, etc. The trick is to keep them in balance.

The particular brand doesn't really matter no, I just know those two brands have a strong amount of tea tree oil. I wouldn't bother picking up a bottle of the straight oil unless you plan to mix it into your shampoo, it's too difficult to use otherwise.

If you do choose to mix it into your shampoo, make sure your shampoo is free of any ingredients ending in 'cone' - they really build up on the scalp and trap heat, dirt, yeast, etc. Pantene has cones.

ETA: Baking soda may reduce the smell, but is so alkaline that it will only serve to further the problem by stripping the acid mantle and giving the yeast a better foothold.

Watch out for fruit, bread, pasta as they sugars as well. You don't need to cut them out or anything, just cut them back until you clear up the issue.

Coffee is fine, drinking it now ;)

Edited by ayla

Dandruff is actually caused by an oily scalp. Try using Nizoral shampoo. You may not want to condition your scalp or put hair products there. Just condition and use products from the ears down. You're probably producing oil later in the day after you wash.

Edited by Prettywords

If your washing your hair with shampoo everyday that might be the problem. Hairdressers are now saying that you should wait 2-3 days between shampooing (like you can still wash with water in-between but reduce the amount of product on your scalp). I had the same problem before and i washed my hair less and got a tar based shampoo and the snake scalp massage bar from lush and it's really worked for me x