Notifications
Clear all

30 Day No Picking Challenge!

MemberMember
(@godlovesme)

Posted : 02/13/2012 9:12 pm

Hi all :)

I've been on acne.org for about a year now and it's great. I'm so glad I found it. My acne started mild, then severe, then moderate, then mild, and now it's not THAT bad but it's still bad. If that makes sense? About 2 months back everything was going great, I had stopped picking and no acne at all. But I started again and i hate myself for it. I've promised my mother countless times and I've disappointed her millions. I embarrass myself at the fact that I can't do this simple thing.

I need some support, so if you're going to do this along with me(which I'd greatly appreciate) please leave a comment.

30 DAYS NO PICKING, POPPING, NO ANYTHING!

If you end up picking, don't worry. Back to day 1.

What i'm gonna try is to stay away from the mirror and ignore it all.

What kills me the most is these dang cysts, I have about 3 in my chin which have scabbed- so tempting.

:-)

Start: 02/14/12

End: 03/14/12

My regimen at the moment:

Night- wash face with African black soap, put on 20% L-Ascorbic Acid (vit C) then small amount of extra virgin olive oil after the serum has dried.

Good luck and thank you! I'll try my best to update daily so that way I'll feel a certain responsibility to come back here and share the news...it's kind of embarrassing to tell you guys I failed. Try doing the same? Maybe it'll help.

MemberMember
(@younnn)

Posted : 02/13/2012 10:39 pm

Haha good luck :)

I personally NEVER picked my acne, and i find it gross myself. Glad i chose not to. But good luck!!

MemberMember
(@godlovesme)

Posted : 02/14/2012 6:24 pm

Thanks! Yeah it's definitely gross.

Day 1 (02/14/12): No picking as of yet!

All my scabs fell off, happy about that.

MemberMember
(@the-darkest-cloud)

Posted : 02/15/2012 3:48 am

Does "picking" include popping pimples??

MemberMember
(@godlovesme)

Posted : 02/15/2012 7:04 pm

Yes, picking is popping pimples.Touching your face at all is just horrible.

Day 2 (02/15/12): Didn't pick, thank you God!

MemberMember
(@blissim)

Posted : 02/20/2012 12:46 am

Ive had the hardest time trying to not pick at my pimple and its think its the main reason why I have so much acne.. I just joined this forum today and saw this 30 day no picking post of yours. So tomarrow im starting day 1. Thanks! Its all mental.

What day are you on?

MemberMember
(@csh22)

Posted : 03/19/2012 10:37 pm

I have decided to do this challenge. I have been picking for 3+ years and have tried to control my addiction, but it seems that i just can't. I just started my journal and I hope for the best :)

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 04/01/2012 2:01 pm

OK. I will join. What if you pop it by accident? always happen to me. Like today, I was taking a shower and got off and saw blood on tower as soon as I pat dried my face. >_< I have ugly pimples on my forehead. 6-7 pimples together at each other.. I hate those kinds . I will start tomorrow!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/01/2012 3:48 pm

Challenge Accepted!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/02/2012 7:03 am

Challenge Failed.... >.>

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 04/02/2012 4:12 pm

Same, failed. I either pop it by accident or a whitehead looks bad and must be popped. I always pop acne of forehead by accident.. lots of blood come out as it was so red and big.. maybe a good thing so it can heal faster >_< it is smaller since a lot of stuff came out. Will try my best to be gentle when drying my my face with a tower.

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 04/08/2012 3:37 am

I'm going to try this challenge. I really need to stop picking the fuck out of my face. I need to stop picking in general. Nothing good comes from picking. Popping can actually be beneficial. Picking has no pros whatsoever.

Three things to do from April 8th - May 8th :

1. Don't touch my face

2. Don't look in the mirror (only time I'll look is when I'm shaving; I shave once every 2 weeks so I'll only look in the mirror twice during this month challenge)

3. DO NOT PICK. MUST. NOT. PICK.

I'm not promising I won't pop. I'll still pop. Just no picking. Picking is the problem I'm trying to address.

MemberMember
(@thatannagirl)

Posted : 04/08/2012 9:55 pm

Hello beautiful people. I'm ready to do this. I used to pick my face, and realized it was making me look terrible. So I stopped... and my bad habit migrated to my upper back. Now it's expanded to picking my entire back, arms, and chest. My skin looks terrible, scabby, with at least two dozen open wounds and sores from picking. Somehow, in my twisted mind, picking the scab off a healing spot will make it better, smoother, even thought RATIONALLY it will bleed and and scab again, becoming a hyper pigmented scar that might never fade.

Summer is coming, I want to stop wearing long sleeves when my friends are in tank tops. I want to be able to go swimming with my family. I WILL break this unhealthy habit.

From April 9th until May 9th, I will not pick any spots, bumps, acne, or scabs ON MY BODY. My reward? A deep tissue massage to that spa I have a gift certificate at! I want to share this journey with people who are determined to stop as well. Send me a message when you feel tempted to pick. You are not alone, and there is a person with healthy, glowing skin inside of you! cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 04/15/2012 7:40 pm

Alright, I am going start tomorrow! This is what I am going to do:

1. Don't touch my skin.

2. Don't look in the mirror searching for bumps like an idiot.

3. Don't pick, press, etc. my pimples.

However, I will have to look in the mirror when applying toner. I have scars because of picking and popping pimples by accident. I have to be careful when drying my skin with a towel ;/

Hello beautiful people. I'm ready to do this. I used to pick my face, and realized it was making me look terrible. So I stopped... and my bad habit migrated to my upper back. Now it's expanded to picking my entire back, arms, and chest. My skin looks terrible, scabby, with at least two dozen open wounds and sores from picking. Somehow, in my twisted mind, picking the scab off a healing spot will make it better, smoother, even thought RATIONALLY it will bleed and and scab again, becoming a hyper pigmented scar that might never fade.

Summer is coming, I want to stop wearing long sleeves when my friends are in tank tops. I want to be able to go swimming with my family. I WILL break this unhealthy habit.

From April 9th until May 9th, I will not pick any spots, bumps, acne, or scabs ON MY BODY. My reward? A deep tissue massage to that spa I have a gift certificate at! I want to share this journey with people who are determined to stop as well. Send me a message when you feel tempted to pick. You are not alone, and there is a person with healthy, glowing skin inside of you! cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@nick93)

Posted : 04/15/2012 8:14 pm

I don't know if this is something I can do. I will almost for certain fail the first day aha, I'm always popping zits and scraping off scabs. I'm going to give it a dry though!!

MemberMember
(@thatannagirl)

Posted : 04/18/2012 7:51 pm

How is everyone doing? I had some setbacks, but as Churchill once said, "Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts."

Today has been a pick-free day. I'm counting tomorrow as Day 2! eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@stevil)

Posted : 04/22/2012 5:38 pm

Wow I cannot say how glad I am to have found this. I have been picking and squeezing pretty much since I got my first pimple. I'm 22 now.

I don't even get bad skin (I think?) if I don't pick and squeeze, so the fact that I could have perfect skin if I just stopped doing this is all on me.

Going to be getting involved in this straight away. I feel like being held accountable by other people will really really help me with this.

So tomorrow is going to be day 1 for me!

MemberMember
(@thatannagirl)

Posted : 04/25/2012 8:49 pm

Day 17 of no picking! :D Words cannot describe how happy I am. I did pick at one spot, but I'm covering it with a band aid, leaving it alone, and forgiving myself. My skin has improved so much! It is not creamy clear yet (I still look at girls who get to show off their lovely shoulders and backs in tank tops, with envy), I have some hyper-pigmentation that I'm working on expediting the fading process with a salicylic acid peel and scrubs.

But it is not over... I still have 13 more days (and hopefully the rest of my life) of not picking! And my skin will only continue to improve. It seems this is always the point I get cocky and start to irritate and pick any imperfections. I need you guys to hold me accountable! :)

How is it going, Stevil? The first week was the hardest for me. But even if you have picked, get a fresh start!! It's worth it.

MemberMember
(@the-darkest-cloud)

Posted : 05/31/2012 7:36 am

Okay I'm gonna start this...hopefully this post will bump this so more can see this, join and give advice.... So yeah my skin is bad where I pop pimples. Enough is enough. I'm at the stage where I don't break out often but I pop every pimple I get. So yeah tomorrow is day 1. For those who've tried this how long does it take for spots to settle out? Like how long until spots disappear untouched and does it reduce future breakouts? Also any advice? Thanks

MemberMember
(@the-darkest-cloud)

Posted : 06/01/2012 3:04 am

Anyone??? Day 1...

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 06/02/2012 2:38 pm

day 1 one for me!

Might aswell join ya buddy :)

MemberMember
(@pookie87)

Posted : 06/03/2012 6:06 pm

I'm in. I keep on making excuses why it is ok to pick my face, but it's not. The day after I pick somewhere, pimples always form, I am driving myself crazy. I will give myself a small reward every day I go without picking, and If I make it 30 days.....a big reward! any ideas?I will start thinking of one smile.png I've tried this so many times before, but it seems like after I make it a few days, I forget how bad it is for my skin and start doing it again.

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 06/05/2012 2:18 am

well i messed up back to day 1 for me !

i need to try update this every day to see if i can do it.

A reward him, chocolate is always good rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@girlll)

Posted : 06/05/2012 2:03 pm

I cant keep my hands off my face! and I feel so ashamed about it. Sometimes ill hide away in the house for days at a time because of the stupid scabs IVE caused. Its an incredibly frustrating and vicious cycle. I pop and pick at clogged pores.. little Nothings on my face and I make them BIG red problems. I feel like I have no will power. Everytime i see a mirror I try to find little bumps to "get rid of" thinking im going to clear my skin when I KNOW its just gonna make my face worse. I finallly think Ive figured that I have Dermatillomania . I'm pretty postive I do and Ive started to keep a log just like it says to on this website! I need to build my will power and knowing now that I'm not the only one struggling with this is helping LOTS!

so thank you for being vulnerable and helping me to find support<3

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/05/2012 5:18 pm

Good luck to all. I know how annoying and hard it is having to sit there knowing you want to pop every single zit on your face.